DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

try and get your wheels and rotors from them and never go back.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
vman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
try and get your wheels and rotors from them and never go back.
The only downside about not going back is that I bought 12 oil changes contract when I bought the truck new from them. Only used 2 so far.
But I guess I would rather waste 190 bucks then have all these problems again. Or let them do oil only, they should be able handle that with lot of luck.
I just found out they use Pennzoil. If I knew I probably wouldn't have bought the service contract. I always thought it's one of the worst oils out there and many engine guys I know agreed with it.
But maybe that no longer applies and Pennzoil is same or close like other oils ?
Parts guy said that Mopar signed contract with Pennzoil and that is what they use now. This dealer used to use Valvoline in the past.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

use can use those oil changes at a different dealer i did same thing and got fed up with my dealer and the new one accepts the oil changes i bought
Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1 View Post
The only downside about not going back is that I bought 12 oil changes contract when I bought the truck new from them. Only used 2 so far.
But I guess I would rather waste 190 bucks then have all these problems again. Or let them do oil only, they should be able handle that with lot of luck.
I just found out they use Pennzoil. If I knew I probably wouldn't have bought the service contract. I always thought it's one of the worst oils out there and many engine guys I know agreed with it.
But maybe that no longer applies and Pennzoil is same or close like other oils ?
Parts guy said that Mopar signed contract with Pennzoil and that is what they use now. This dealer used to use Valvoline in the past.
As for your oil contract no use to loosing money, just go back to them for oil changes, make sure they do nothing else. As for pennzoil, it still has to abide by the the American Petroleum Institute Standards, and The International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) both set the minimum for performance standards for all lubricants. Pennzoil is also exceeds the Chrysler MS-12633 specification and is certified, if you feel worried about them using Pennzoil, change your oil more frequently than what is asked in the manual, like ever 3500 - 4000 miles, you will use up your contract, and your engine will be protected.

I also agree with the others to go and get your break rotors replaced, and make sure they torque your wheels back properly.

After that, anything else, find another dealer that wants you as a client
Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

like i said you can use them at other dealers you bought them from dodge not from tom at dodge lol
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

Can these guys even open the garage door properly.
Does Moe, Larry and Curly come to mind???
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I use Carl Burger down here, good shop except when it comes to tires
On the 3rd rotation, they only do front to rear rotations, they must have knocked off a weight. I had a 60 - 75 mph shake, took it back twice & they could fix it. I took it to Discount Tire & had them put the fronts on the rears & drove across country 7600 miles & no shake. When i returned home, went in for oil change & tire rotation, the shake came back & they couldn't fix it. I was fed up & TOLD them to remove every weight & rebalance them. Because i told them to do it, i was charged full price for the weights & labor, but i had no more shaking. I go to Discount Tire now.

When i first bought my '09, the Factory & the dealerships had a contract for Mobile Oil to supply Oil & Lube, a year later they changed to Valvoline, a year later they signed a 2 year contract with Shell Oil, ( Pennzoil & Rotella ), I made the switch to Mobile One & WIX oil filter. I do Not like changing brands, i am old school & that was always a bad thing to do, some oils didn't mix well with others
I was told the other day that the factory is now using Mobile Oil again, i don't know if that is true, i will be supplying my own.
Also the dealership has now changed over to using a EXPRESS LANE for oil changes & they do not look at mechanical things, on all my previous Invoices it had suggestions of things that were due or at least needed further inspection, now the invoices don't suggest anything
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 02-23-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
Can these guys even open the garage door properly.
Does Moe, Larry and Curly come to mind???
Hahaha. Not sure if they can, maybe that explains why the service bays have no door at all at this place.

The good news is after email to service manager this morning, I got reply that they will replace all brake rotors, install new rims, put my tires back the way they were (did not say they will, but I will make sure if possible) and balance the wheels on their high end machine (words of one service advisors).
From my experience working at the shop in the past, some mechanics (not sure if they deserved that title) would be balancing wheels with old weights on the rims. Or they would spin once, attach the weights and never checked again. The way a learned, the only proper way to balance wheel is to remove all weights, spin it, attach weights and spin it again. 99% of time it needed additional weights or adjustments after the second spin. Sometimes it would take 3 spins and adjustments to end up with "00" on each side on the balancing machine.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

New update
They agreed to replace all brake rotors after I pointed out chatter marks on couple of them after they machined them. Yes thats right, they can't even machine the rotors properly. They put so much damn grease on the caliper sliders that when it got hot it splattered all over my rims.
So after the bozos replaced the rotors (they did not do the pads, but I think it's OK as the new pads only had around 700 miles on them) I cleaned all the stupid grease.

They also replaced the two rims. So I thought it is done and over with.
BUT.. one of the rims is defective. Dips, marks in paint (coating) under clear coat. After two wasted trips, they are now ordering new rim again.
Oh did I mention that after they did the rims and balance them I found one balancing weight coming of ? Yes morons, it would help if you clean the damn rim first from greasy fingers before you apply self adhesive weight.
I can only imagine the weight flying of at 70 MPH for example.
This time they managed to properly torque three wheels out of four.
I am amazed. The fourth wheel however was so severely over tightened that it took me jumping on the breaker bar to get it loose so I can re-torque it to specs. On each lug nut I heard little snap as I was loosening them.
Stretched studs maybe ? Most likely I think.
I had requested contact info for service director and GM so I can have a nice chat with them. Other then that I am so sick of it that I just want this to be over with.
Now I am waiting for the new rim and hoping they will inspect it before they call me to come and bring my truck in. And when done I will be re-torquing my lug nuts again.

Someone mentioned that I can take it for the prepaid oil change somewhere else, yes it is sort of truth, but only to dealer owned by same owner. They have two Dodge dealers that are local.
But after this experience I will take a chance at different location at least.

So for you that are in S. California Orange County, beware of Tuttle Click Dodge in Tustin.