DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Victim of Sequestration

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiman View Post
Went back to the dealer today, service manager said that it might throw a code causing the service engine light to come on. He suggested talking to a few of his mechanics about it. I talked to 3 different guys and they all said any thing done from the muffler back won't cause any problems. The stock muffler is clamped on so there won't be any cutting needed. All I have to do now is pick out a muffler, leaning toward magnaflow just not sure which one, any suggestions. What I'm looking for is a nice rumble at idle and some sound inside the cab without alot of steady drone. Thanks.
18" Magnaflow is part number is #12288, single 3" in, dual 2.5" out. If you have dual, this is the one. fastNugly and Jhinkle1989 are vendors on this site and from what I've seen they can probably price match any reputable vendor. Git r' done.
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs

Last edited by K9ENDY; 02-25-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: black
Rep:10
castiman is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=K9ENDY;1022667]18" Magnaflow is part number is #12288, single 3" in, dual 2.5" out. If you have dual, this is the one. fastNugly and Jhinkle1989 are vendors on this site and from what I've seen they can probably price match any reputable vendor. Git r' done.[ Will this muffler fit my truck without and modification. Also will it be considerable louder than stock or just a little.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=castiman;1023294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ENDY View Post
18" Magnaflow is part number is #12288, single 3" in, dual 2.5" out. If you have dual, this is the one. fastNugly and Jhinkle1989 are vendors on this site and from what I've seen they can probably price match any reputable vendor. Git r' done.[ Will this muffler fit my truck without and modification. Also will it be considerable louder than stock or just a little.
Bump

I'm interested in a swap also. I didn't think there is a direct fit Magnaflow or any other brand available.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Victim of Sequestration

[QUOTE=westxsrt10;1023578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by castiman View Post

Bump

I'm interested in a swap also. I didn't think there is a direct fit Magnaflow or any other brand available.
The stock muffler is HUGE and I got charged for a small amount of pipe to cover the difference in sizes. It wasn't more than a few dollars worth of pipe. The sound is a low, throaty grumble but not obnoxious or hideous. They are supposed to get louder over time and use but I'm not there yet. I am quite happy with the purchase. When I push the remote start I can hear it fire up clearly in my back bedroom. I turned off the horn with remote start, which is how I used to know that it was warming up for me.
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:115
HoosierHemi will become famous soon enoughHoosierHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Will this muffler fit my truck without and modification. Also will it be considerable louder than stock or just a little.
The part numbers for Magnaflow mentioned above wont be direct bolt up, you have to have muffler shop weld in a few feet of 2.5" pipe to line up with the rest of the factory dual set up out the rear. Not usually too costly, just shop around. Mufflex muffler systems basically are a magnaflow muffler (14" or 18") then those pipes welded on already so those ARE direct bolt on. But you pay upfront the cost of their labor and such for convienence and most guys find it cheaper to just buy the magnaflow muffler (or flowmaster) and then have local shop weld it up.

Search on Youtube with keywords "Dodge Ram Magnaflow 18" " or similar words and you'll find tons of vids with installed systems and you'll hear what you will get. Search on here as well and you'll find many threads already done on this topic.

2011 Black 1500 Sport QuadCab 4x4

Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks, I called magnaflow today and talked to a tech, he recommended the 24'' part #12388 saying that it was the closest muffler they had for a direct replacement. He said what ever muffler that I chose would still have inside cabin noise. When I had my 05 silverado I put dual exhaust with a dynomax muffler which was unbearable inside the truck. I didn't do any research before buying it. I don't want to make the same mistake again. So far from some of the posts that I have read everyone seems to say the same about the 18'', not being to loud inside. Up until I talked to that tech I thought I might be sold on it.What the hell if I keep procrastinating about this it will be time for a new truck. What to do? I guess I use the old flip a coin method.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

[QUOTE=K9ENDY;1023615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by westxsrt10 View Post

The stock muffler is HUGE and I got charged for a small amount of pipe to cover the difference in sizes. It wasn't more than a few dollars worth of pipe. The sound is a low, throaty grumble but not obnoxious or hideous. They are supposed to get louder over time and use but I'm not there yet. I am quite happy with the purchase. When I push the remote start I can hear it fire up clearly in my back bedroom. I turned off the horn with remote start, which is how I used to know that it was warming up for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHemi View Post
The part numbers for Magnaflow mentioned above wont be direct bolt up, you have to have muffler shop weld in a few feet of 2.5" pipe to line up with the rest of the factory dual set up out the rear. Not usually too costly, just shop around. Mufflex muffler systems basically are a magnaflow muffler (14" or 18") then those pipes welded on already so those ARE direct bolt on. But you pay upfront the cost of their labor and such for convienence and most guys find it cheaper to just buy the magnaflow muffler (or flowmaster) and then have local shop weld it up.

Search on Youtube with keywords "Dodge Ram Magnaflow 18" " or similar words and you'll find tons of vids with installed systems and you'll hear what you will get. Search on here as well and you'll find many threads already done on this topic.
Thanks I must of been typing when you replied, you know the one finger at a time.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Victim of Sequestration

[QUOTE=castiman;1023646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ENDY View Post

Thanks I must of been typing when you replied, you know the one finger at a time.
I haven't heard that one so I can't say from personal experience but most of the stuff I've read on here is saying that the 22" is about the same sound as the stock muffler currently on your vehicle. The longer you go, the quieter it gets.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Do these mufflers have to be welded on or can they be clamped on for easy removal.