DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Spark plugs like Oil, grease, tires, air filter, etc are what they call usable items, that are required to be replaced during the life of the truck, Usually not covered under warranty. Now one could of made a stink about it, but then they might of said, ya 23k klm on the truck, you would of been due to get them replaced eventually and we are not charging you for the replacement, only the plugs, so in the end, pay up. JMO, but that's probably the way the dealer looked at it. Also, the labor to remove the new plugs and replace them again with the now dry plugs would cost more than the plugs themselves. Hope they gave you your old plugs back. Anyways, JMO oh and also why you should pay for them, well, its also the fact they don't know what caused it, flooded engine could be human error. Again, just guessing here.
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

It is my understanding that a comprehensive bumper to bumper warranty covers all issues within that term. If the plugs need replacement prior to their scheduled replacement does that not suggest they 'failed' and should be covered under warranty? Or are they specifically listed as a non-warranty item?

I've never run into this scenario.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
It is my understanding that a comprehensive bumper to bumper warranty covers all issues within that term. If the plugs need replacement prior to their scheduled replacement does that not suggest they 'failed' and should be covered under warranty? Or are they specifically listed as a non-warranty item?

I've never run into this scenario.
Certain things on a truck are expected to wear out and therefore not covered. Plugs, brakes, air filters and that sort of thing are considered maintenance items.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
The manufacturer allotment for time to do jobs is so out of wack. But I know that some jobs fall on the dealer side too.
Show me just ONE that job where Chrysler sets the time and the dealer benefits. I'd love to know what it is so I can start doing it!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 sport quad
Color: deep cherry red
Rep:-11
pdrules can only hope to improve

all i wanna know is if he is going to put the tune back in..i really want one of those things but dont know if i should risk screwing things up or if it is what caused his issues to begin with
Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I changed my spark plugs at 42,000 miles
Paid $100 dollar deductible & asked for my old plugs
The deductible also covered the Labor on the drivers seat Side Panel that i had to replace. I had to pay for the panel
There was also a 3rd thing that i had them do, 3rd brake light bulb replacement, labor was covered under the same $100 deductible.

If you are paying the deductible anyway, it cost the same if you have them do 1 thing or 20
It is $100 per visit, not $100 per item, on mine
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Certain things on a truck are expected to wear out and therefore not covered. Plugs, brakes, air filters and that sort of thing are considered maintenance items.
Thanks Randy.

I figure that some of this is also affected by a persons relationship with the dealer. I had one experience where my brake pads (all) and one rotor were replaced at no cost to me. My dealer indicated that 1 of the 4 had severe and abnormal wear (rotor too). They replace the remaining 3 so my brakes would have equal wear. I had nearly 20K miles on that truck when they did this.

BTW they noticed this when the truck was in for an oil change, not because I complained.

I really like my dealer.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

Sensors get out of time causing plugs to gas foul. To me there should be no bill for parts because of loose sensors. At 23K theres no way plugs were worn out.
Please...let me finish.
But....with lots of mods dealer could have done many other things that would not have been in Cliffords best interest. $$$$$$$
All in all.......very fair deal from knowing all sides of the story.
Now, does Clifford gets his tune back???
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
Sensors get out of time causing plugs to gas foul. To me there should be no bill for parts because of loose sensors. At 23K theres no way plugs were worn out.
Please...let me finish.
But....with lots of mods dealer could have done many other things that would not have been in Cliffords best interest. $$$$$$$
All in all.......very fair deal from knowing all sides of the story.
Now, does Clifford gets his tune back???
Is it worth chancing again? It seems the dealer overlooked the tune this time.....do you think they knew about it?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayhemiST View Post
Is it worth chancing again? It seems the dealer overlooked the tune this time.....do you think they knew about it?
The thing is no one knows if its the tune that caused this, it could very well be a sensor problem and its working fine now, so if he puts the tune back in and the sensor screws up again, then everyone thinks its the tune. They have not found anything wrong with the truck, was it a glitch in the tune? or one in the engine? can say for certain. I would not re-tune the truck for a while and talk with Diablo about it, see what they say, and also wait to see if others who have the Diablo fuel economy tune or any for that fact, runs into a similar problem. I have been running the performance tune from Bully Dog now for a month. no problems yet. (knocking on wood), How long was the tune running in the truck, how much mileage was done with that tune in the ECU? Was this the latest tune for the Hemi released by Diablo? When he got the codes and could not start the truck, how long did he try starting it, how much did that soak the spark plugs. So Many questions very little answers. If a sensor was broke that would make it easy.

Last edited by Asur; 03-03-2013 at 09:59 AM.