DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Majiik is on a distinguished road

gald to hear it is runing; extreamly disapointed they couldnt figure out the true underlining issue. i have had bad dealership issues in the past as well. i have no issue changing dealerships over bullshit nor am i one to worry about trying a differant brand of vehicles. that is a huge reason i have a ram now and not a ford

..... just saying
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Express 3.6/8 speed auto
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

Yea Clifford17!!!!! Back on the road!!!!!!!!!!
Have you called Diablo to see if they have had any reports of no spark complaints???
It could be the other way around though, too much fuel for some reason and gas fouled the plugs.
This problem would really be bad in the middle-of-nowhere-night.
They mentioned a open ground, did they find it? Surely a burn't out tail-light wouldn't cause this.
Anyway...Glad Clifford rolls again!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Thats great that you are back on the road, kind of sad they did not figure out what the reason was though

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:41 PM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

I have to pick the truck up after work, so they might have more info then, ill keep you guys posted.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
ok whatever

my truck's pcm took a shit and my dealer tried to blame my led lights so ya maybe not all of them do but 50% are tool bags. I had to go over to service guys head and talk to his boss took 2 days of bitching and asking for proof to get it fixed
LOL......thats funny!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Smile

Ok. so coming in at 14,000 miles or so & only a Y pipe, catch can being the sole mods outside your tuner for that hemi. Somethings rotten in denmark! I bet that particular tune runs that engine all kinds of lean. Hence the mileage boost. What kinda plugs did they swap in? I hope urididum. Man I'd bet it's the tune. Tune. I could see if some mesh came out the catch can & you smoked a valve or if you just had some poor mileage due to the O2 location changing w/ the new Y pipe but to throw multiple misfire codes & have it seal itself up only to drowned itself w/ fuel & not kick over. It just isn't kosher. I'm thinking the tunes closing up your t.b. to compensate for the low fuel use when running on the program. I wonder if any one has had this same issue minus mods/ especially minus the tune. Hmmmmm. Let us know if anything else goes down. Did u re tune again w/ the mileage booster ? Or is she running stock right now?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Trim Level: sport
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I know what you mean. It seems like 50% of our customers are tool bags as well. Especially the ones that think they know something about automobiles.
Wow, not sure what the shot back is about, I'm pretty sure dodgert wasn't taking at shot at you, he was simply stating a problem that a lot of people have experienced, and quite frankly i think a lot more than 50% know when there is a problem with their car and or truck
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1101
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I would stay away from that tune. For the one or two mpg savings, it doesn't seem worth it and might be the culprit..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
He mentioned to me earlier that the dealer is saying its a ground issue and it maybe because of his HID lights and the wireing he did.. I'm sure he will explain more but I think it's more BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
No when a dealer sees aftermarket stuff they will always try to blame that just stand stronge
This is true!
Blame the aftermarket stuff
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

As I can view this from both sides of the fence I must say that I do get a bit annoyed from time to time when I have to deal with some 'blame the aftermarket/mod' from a dealer...BUT! In my business I also have to deal with warranty claims and sometimes the stuff I see really makes me wonder how some people have even managed to stay alive this long, as they have proven with absolute certainty that natural selection is only a myth. LOL

When I start the customer/dealer relationship with a new dealer, they are not aware of my decades of experience and I do not have any ASE certification papers to throw at them so for all intents and purposes, I'm just an average Joe with just enough knowledge to annoy them and cause trouble.

It is up to me to demonstrate an understanding of vehicle systems that is worthy of their attention and respect. I can not do this by spouting off how smart I thing I am or by approaching them in an argumentative or condescending fashion. I need to listen to them first (BTW - Listening is something I had to learn how to do. ), then ask some questions that are more like the question a trained tech would ask AND is not threatening.

I deal with numerous dealerships between my vehicles, my company vehicles and my families vehicles. Some of these dealers come to me for advise on how to install a particular mod, while others are still trying to figure out if I actually know what I'm talking about or am well read but can't tell the difference between a 9/16 wrench and a spare tire.

In all cases I treat them with the utmost respect and give them all the opportunity to do the right thing. If they lie to me (doesn't happen often, but has happened) then I tend to pull them off to the side and discuss the situation at a much higher technical level which generally results in their understanding that I caught them in a lie but am also giving them an easy out as long as they never try that approach with me again.

I have never dealt with a dealership that I could not develop a great client/dealer relationship that resulted in both of us having a good experience. I have not always been happy in the beginning, and I'm sure many of them can say the same thing, but we always work it out. The big benefit is that I do not get hassled about my mods; but rather the opposite. I am often asked a lot of questions and have even sat down with a service tech and his scan tool AND my tuner so he could witness the tuner process and I could see what a modified PCM looked like on his scan tool. The service tech has 2 political things to deal with -
1) the customer - he wants the customer happy so the customer returns with new business so he has a job and can feed his family.
2) the manufacturer - he is charged with the responsibility to repair things that are a classified as a manufacturers defect.

Your service tech has been trained to work on your vehicle. He has not been trained by all the tuner companies, all the lighting companies, all the suspension companies, etc. If you choose to modify your vehicle from the factory standard that your tech has been trained to service then you have opened the door for questions. If you take the time to answer the questions and even better, bring the technical information that fully describes the mod so the tech can look it over and familiarize himself with it, then he will be in a much better position to make an educated judgement which is more likely to be in your favor.

Like every industry, there are good an bad. Not every service tech is a good tech, but not every one is a bad tech. If you find an exceptional one, find out which donuts he likes the most. BTW - the best techs tend to be better with machines then with people, so don't let 'your feelings' get in the way of your trucks best interests.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI