DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with your driving? Haha
LOL maybe?
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: 1500 Express CC
Color: Tequila Sunrise
Rep:19
admiralforever is on a distinguished road

Have you checked the CEL codes this last time? are they the same as the first time? subscribed
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralforever View Post
Have you checked the CEL codes this last time? are they the same as the first time? subscribed
No, I'm just going to let the dealer look at it...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
This is sounding less and less like a tune problem and more and more like a BCM (Body Control module) with a bad connection or defect, JMO
The 2012 Ram doesn't utilize a BCM. The effected components are all controlled by the PCM but that by no means indicates the PCM is faulty.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Keep us posted on the issue.....I know, I myself hate issues and lingering issues that does not get resolved.
What a time waster
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 SPORT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Rep:64
tat2dwiseguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Replaced all my Lights on the truck with LED's, 1 year now, no black or overheated sockets everything is clean. Just a bit more info, food for thought.
FWIW, I added a set of 35W backup lights under the bumper on my 2009 Ram. They were a one wire application, with the mounting plate serving as the ground. I tapped into the backup lights and all was good for a while.
One day I noticed condensation in one of the lights, and (not) coincidentally, the truck died when I put it in reverse (activating that backup lamp and causing a ground fault due to moisture). Now when I say died, it went black... like the PCM took a hit and shut down everything. I put the truck in park and tried to restart, and nothing. Fortunately I had just noticed the condensation in the light and did the quick math that the truck died when I put it in reverse, so I jumped out, ripped the wire out of the splice (it was snowing and didn't care to crawl up underneath. Jumped back in and it fired up.
Fast forward a couple of days and the same thing happened again. Guess what? Condensation in the other lamp (cheap F'n harbor freight aux lights).
So, I yanked that wire, and we were good to go. Subsequently, I began to have intermittent problems with the truck going completely dead (wouldn't restart), then unexplainably coming back to life hours later. It left me stranded twice before I took it into the dealer, trying to rule out anything I had done. I removed the backup lights completely, but I think some part of the PCM was damaged. The dealer was not able to replicate the problem and it was never resolved prior to me (wrecking) trading in the truck.
All that being said, lighting and electrical, no matter how small the voltage, if not perfectly grounded can throw stray voltage to any of the control modules and result in very hokey vehicle characteristics, often difficult to properly diagnose.
Good luck with resolving your issues.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Ya as far as my pcm getting fried i told my new dealer what my old dealer said he laughed his ass off my hood vent lights go from the lights the the battery to a switch but what gets me is i have hid lights and fogs and they did not blame them. Oh well got it replaced a year ago and 0 problems.

Any follow up on truck did washing that stuff out change anything
Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Ya as far as my pcm getting fried i told my new dealer what my old dealer said he laughed his ass off my hood vent lights go from the lights the the battery to a switch but what gets me is i have hid lights and fogs and they did not blame them. Oh well got it replaced a year ago and 0 problems.

Any follow up on truck did washing that stuff out change anything

im at work so i gotta wait till i get home...
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Granite
Rep:500
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford17 View Post
im at work so i gotta wait till i get home...
That's no excuse
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2dwiseguy View Post
FWIW, I added a set of 35W backup lights under the bumper on my 2009 Ram. They were a one wire application, with the mounting plate serving as the ground. I tapped into the backup lights and all was good for a while.
One day I noticed condensation in one of the lights, and (not) coincidentally, the truck died when I put it in reverse (activating that backup lamp and causing a ground fault due to moisture). Now when I say died, it went black... like the PCM took a hit and shut down everything. I put the truck in park and tried to restart, and nothing. Fortunately I had just noticed the condensation in the light and did the quick math that the truck died when I put it in reverse, so I jumped out, ripped the wire out of the splice (it was snowing and didn't care to crawl up underneath. Jumped back in and it fired up.
Fast forward a couple of days and the same thing happened again. Guess what? Condensation in the other lamp (cheap F'n harbor freight aux lights).
So, I yanked that wire, and we were good to go. Subsequently, I began to have intermittent problems with the truck going completely dead (wouldn't restart), then unexplainably coming back to life hours later. It left me stranded twice before I took it into the dealer, trying to rule out anything I had done. I removed the backup lights completely, but I think some part of the PCM was damaged. The dealer was not able to replicate the problem and it was never resolved prior to me (wrecking) trading in the truck.
All that being said, lighting and electrical, no matter how small the voltage, if not perfectly grounded can throw stray voltage to any of the control modules and result in very hokey vehicle characteristics, often difficult to properly diagnose.
Good luck with resolving your issues.
Don't know why your using my post as a quote?? I have no issues with my truck, have never had issues with any vehicle I have installed lights on them. But I agree, a badly done wiring job on crappy lights can cause crappy shit to your truck electronics, even welding a muffler on can blow up your ECU, PCM or BCM. People learn from there mistakes, well most do