DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: ram
Rep:10
needham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl-z View Post
Anyone know - for sure - what the holdback is on Ram trucks for CANADIAN dealerships? I am aware it is 3% in the U.S. but there is some dispute that Canadian dealerships receive this much in holdback.

google is probably your friend on this one.....I wouldn't see why it would be different, but then again yall have MUCH better incentives north of the boarder
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 GMC 2500
Rep:16
Ctrl-z is on a distinguished road

Google isn't much of a help in this case. Unlike in the US, holdback amounts are kept secret in Canada. Dealers here will not acknowledge holdbacks.

I did discover that CarCostCanada (a pay service for determining dealer invoice prices and incentives) states this for a 2103 Ram; "there is a holdback amount of $700 available which may be deducted from the Wholesale Price (Dealer Invoice Price) Total." This was on a $49K base MSRP truck. Seems strange it is not given as a percentage.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM

here is the pricing from my order sheet.....hope this helps.

2013 larmie longhorn

msrp 53985
invoice 49237 (this is actually listed as FWP) I have no idea what FWP stands for
holdback 1590
FFP 48820 (I assume this is friends and family preferred)
EP 46850 (I assume this stands for Employee pricing)
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: Don't own a Dodge
Chromag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by needham View Post
THAT in a nutshell is why I hate dealing with dealers that act like they are poor... we live in a free market and PRICE is KING, so that sales manager is just going to have to deal with it.
Funny you say that. I went to a dealership today and told them I was interesting in ordering a 2013 2500 Big Horn in the very near future (next couple weeks, most likely).

He said great, he'd love to sell me one. I asked him about the order process since I've never ordered a vehicle before. He said they'd take a $500 check from me when I ordered but they'd just hold it. If I cancelled they're just return it (yeah right).

I asked about how negotiable the price would be. Since I read this very informative thread I was aware of this holdback amount. I mentioned the holdback to him. He immediately switched to a story about how he used to work in the service department as a mechanic and how he made more money doing that than sales because of everyone "using the internet." As though I was supposed to feel bad for him because I wanted a good price.

I just told him maybe he should focus on volume, then. I'm not sure he was amused by that comment. He told me when I was ready he would give me a no-haggle price because he didn't like the back-and-forth haggling (again, yeah right).

He did tell me this - which is one of the reasons I'm posting this long winded reply (sorry). He said that from the time the order was put into the system and the time of delivery that the price could actually CHANGE depending on some "factors"!? He said not much, by maybe $100-200.

Also, what about trade-in? He said they would deal with the trade-in amount when I took delivery. Who says they won't tell me "Sure we'll give you $6,000 for your trade-in!" when the order is placed but when I take delivery it changes to "Oh sorry, that was two months ago, now we'll give you $2,000"?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 PM

I was told the price could change too $100 bucks either way......just remind them so can the incentives, as you should get the HIGHER of the incentives when the order is placed and when the truck arrives. and they should hammer down the trade in now, and put it on paper for you.

when I signed for my order, I actually did financing and everything that day(1st payment due 4/4/13) so I am kinda locked in to my incentives I would think, which is fine cause I got $4500 in incentives with the president sale bonus of $750. which is not a big deal, unless my truck doesn't show up on time, LOL.

I went to KBB, Edmunds, and NADA and averaged all their prices to get a fair assessment of my trade and that's what the dealer gave me, no haggle. The average price I found was actually his first offer, which I found fair.

the great thing about the people on this board is, nobody seems to be in dire need to "having to have" a new truck......and that being the case, we can be patient, shop around and wait or apply pressure till we get the deal we WANT.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM

btw, I love the "focus on volume" comment. LMAO

his "internet" comment translates to "I cant butt rape costumers anymore"

They ALLLLLLLLL say no haggle, but when you walk out on them, they start wanting to haggle. Makes me giggle I will admit.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: Don't own a Dodge
Chromag is on a distinguished road

I've priced a 2013 2500 Big Horn (on NADA). The final number with my options (4.1 axle ratio, luxury group, power mirrors, etc) is $38,830 invoice and $42,200 MSRP. Any idea what kind of final number I should push for when ordering, taking into account holdback and incentives?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Brandon .30-06 is on a distinguished road

All of you should really not worry about the holdback. When I ordered my truck I went to 3 different dealers (my dealership being the first) and got 3 prices. All of them said "this is tre best price in Ontario".......bull crap. I then went to the salesman I liked the best and told him the other dealer priced a crew cab lower than his quad cab.... He then came back and beat their price by $6 bi-weekly.

The dealers will make money off the truck no matter what so don't let them confuse you into thinking otherwise. I'm an mechanic and trust me I know the business very well
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromag View Post
I've priced a 2013 2500 Big Horn (on NADA). The final number with my options (4.1 axle ratio, luxury group, power mirrors, etc) is $38,830 invoice and $42,200 MSRP. Any idea what kind of final number I should push for when ordering, taking into account holdback and incentives?

Thanks.
invoice minus holdback would be 37564 BEFORE rebates. holdback being 1266. so even at the 37564 before rebates they are still making money on finanacing and a host of other things I am sure.

Dont be scared, if you want something below the 37.5 number ask for it, see what they say.....worst that can happen is they say no and you walk out.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Sport Hemi 8Speed
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
lstess2 is on a distinguished road

For you looking at a new Ram. I made a deal with my dealer for $0 down, they ordered the truck as sold, and gave me a firm trade-in price. ive since put 5,000miles on. We signed a numbers understanding sheet(only open item is i would get better incentives from Ram, is available). So, when my truck comes in the next week or so. i buy it for the preagreed price or walk away.

Also, they told me if ordering a truck Ram will honor the best rebates from the time ordered to the time Truck is at the dealership.

Point being you should be able to find many dealers who want your business and will work with you.