DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
TGViper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMDJM View Post
Before I bought mine I remember looking at a fully loaded sport all the bells and whistles, and having the salesman go she is sure pretty and loaded. He asked me what I thought, I looked at him and said love the truck just need to change some things. He listened carefully I said keep the engine, trans, running gear, and tow package and get rid of the rest. The problem with toys like the 8.4 screen and air suspension and so on is they break. sure it is nice and shiny and cool when its in the show room but its not so cool when a short frys your ecu and causes your truck to stall on the road, or the gps drives you off a cliff, or the air suspension fails while towing a trailer and you are stuck diving a straight line.

I love dodgegrew up in dodge my dad has worked there 35 years, but with spending tons of time with him on saturdays hanging out you see what comes back more often then others. example 1982 dodge ram truck thing sits most of its life power nothing, pump it twice turn the key and it fires right up
If I wanted a 1982 dodge with no bells and whistles - That is what I would buy. I expect stuff to work when I pay 50K for a new truck. When it doesn't I also understand that humans make this stuff and from time to time it will break.... A lot of what I am reading is "buyers remorse"....
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
falcn13 is on a distinguished road

How about a no start? Went out one crappy morning, turned the key and all normal, except no start. Not even engaging the starter. All the gauges were normal. Battery/all that stuff good!!

Released the key several times after trying it and a message showed up " check air bag system" I'm real happy by now. Tried it again and it started. Has run fine since then.

A trip to the dealer, and of course they can't find a problem. No codes/nothing.

Hope this isn't a common issue!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram sport 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:29
Jake95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
I think it's ashame that someone would not purchase a vehicle that they had their eyes on due to negative post. I am sure there is a very small percentage of people who experience major problems out of all the trucks sold and when they use forums like this to air them it scares the hell out of people. If you think Ford or GM are going to be better well guess what why don't you go visit some of thier forums and read some of their complaints. I'm a Ford guy at heart and I can tell you first hand you won't have any problem finding complaints about their vehicles. They are all going to have problems the best thing you can do no matter what you buy is to make sure your dealer has good custormer service and stands behind your purchase.
Exactly, there is no truck company better than the other. Every company has their problems. i drove a 2003 ram 1500 for 8 years no issue, my mom drove a ford bronco that was in the shop every other week. a buddy an i bought the same audi a6, mine no issues his packed with problem. its a crap shoot no matter where you go. sign up for other forums, you will see everyone bitching just like us. there is no perfect company.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Are you seriously considering canceling your order over a misreading temperature gauge and going over to the dark side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Thats funny
Did somebody say dark side?!?
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Glad I seen this thread, if I had of seen it sooner I wouldn't have posted my own.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141441

At this point I have no idea when my truck will come in but it will probably be at least 8 weeks from now?

Currenly coming from a GMC lemon, I guess I was naive thinking I could get into a Ram, or any other manu for that matter and be problem free, but with frustration after frustration, I didn't think the other manu's would have as many issues as what my current Sierra has, especially the Rams and the amount they are selling.

I am thankful for these posts as they have given me lots of info on what to look for when my new one does come in, and at this point, if I see a few/lots it will be staying right where it is!

I assume I will lose my $500 dollar deposit but that will be worth it to me as I don't need another lemon with payments when my current lemon is at least paid off.

Fingers crossed or cautiously optimistic, not sure what to think at this point.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 5.7 6spd
Trim Level: Express QC 6'4" bed
Color: Polar White
Rep:44
turbohawk is on a distinguished road

The most trouble-free American-made vehicle I've owned is a 1995 Cadillac Deville (non-northstar engine) but don't mistake what I just said for "perfect", as it was far from that; but, never left us stranded and it took us to the dealer to get the Ram. Was the best $ I ever spent for any vehicle except perhaps my 77 Pontiac GranPrix. With nearly 130k on the clock the caddy had a severe oil leak (rear valve cover area, it was cheaper/easier to add oil than to pay someone as it was a severe pain to get to), a "clunky" front suspension, sound only as it tracked true the entire time, dealer and other mechanics failed to figure out what it was(!). Half of the windows wouldn't operate, but EVERYTHING else worked flawlessly, A/C, air suspension, always started up, antenna always extended/retracted etc. I hope I have AT LEAST this quality (hoping for no oil leaks) in the new Ram. Obviously dealer made a chunk of change even after the haggling session I put them through since they gave a generous trade-in amount on it and never even looked at it the entire time we were doing paperwork...

As I've stated before, I've been watching 2 people I know well with Rams (07 and 09) and both have 121 and 145k, pull at max capacity weekly, and drive it daily and both are reportedly trouble-free. Neither are even close to contemplating replacing them, and this says a lot. I purposely refused the high-end electronic package based mostly on what the salesman told me, and I appreciate the honesty. Only time will tell but I sure like it so far. 1000+ miles so far, will probably add 5k by the end of june with a scheduled road trip up "narth". (need a knock on wood smilie)
Old 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

The most trouble free vehicle I ever had was a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab. I think it was an SLT but that was a long time ago. In the three years I leased it I had to put zero $$ in to it other than gas, oil changes etc. When I traded it in (Which I regret to this day) because I was getting married I got a Dodge Intrepid. Complete other end of the spectrum. Thank God I bought an extended warranty. My warranty company (Knights of the Road) finally canceled my warranty because they had put more money in the car than it was worth.

Timing chain came apart, rack and pinion, power driver seat, 3 radiators (They would all separate their metal and plastic parts and leak anti-freeze everywhere.) by the time I dumped it, heater blower motor, heater blower motor resister. It also had this weird tick when it hit exactly zero degrees. You had to hold the gas pedal down and turn the key to start it. Otherwise, it would flood and not start. Only at zero degrees though. It would start when we hit 50-60 below with out being plugged in.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Quad Cab 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright Metallic Silver
Kludt is on a distinguished road

The best vehicle I've had is an 04 Ram 3500 dually with a six speed manual and the 5.7 Hemi. It had no power accessories. Put a superchips flashpaq on it and ran a custom exhaust that was super loud and for good reason because it was raw with power and would go sideways for a block. Kinda sad to see how much has changed and how much they are limiting these hemis now.

Im curious about the guys with the vibration in their trucks. I started a thread before I noticed that someone started this one.
Here are the issues Im currecntly having
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142007

Last edited by Kludt; 05-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Black on Black
Rep:44
gusman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kludt View Post
The best vehicle I've had is an 04 Ram 3500 dually with a six speed manual and the 5.7 Hemi. It had no power accessories. Put a superchips flashpaq on it and ran a custom exhaust that was super loud and for good reason because it was raw with power and would go sideways for a block. Kinda sad to see how much has changed and how much they are limiting these hemis now.

Im curious about the guys with the vibration in their trucks. I started a thread before I noticed that someone started this one.
Here are the issues Im currecntly having
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142007
Wait what? A 5.7 3500? Dually? Sideways? I'd pay money to see that...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:89
Breathing Borla will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
Wait what? A 5.7 3500? Dually? Sideways? I'd pay money to see that...
LOL, seriously

2013 Ram Sport Crew 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92
2010 Tundra 5.7 4x4 Limited TRD (sold)