DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
gto90 is on a distinguished road

Ive emailed Chrysler many times, been on the phone with them many times as well.. Even
requested a buyback but they said I do not qualify because the state laws say that the
vehicle has to be at the dealership for 30 days... Ive only owned it for 38 so far. Or they
have to have at least 4 unsuccessful attempts at fixing the problem. Ive had it there twice
but they can not get parts to replace anything to see if that fixes the problem. Chrysler should step up and either replace the truck or give me my money back!
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

If I go chevy Ill go with the 6.2 I traded an 08 with the 6.0 and I loved the power
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram big horn quad
Trim Level: Big horn slt
Color: Copperhead pearlcoat
Rep:26
Sblann is on a distinguished road

Good luck to ya if you go chevy I will never buy a gm again, had horrible front end problems with truck
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
YOWN4N is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Nightmare

We trade a perfect 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab in on a 2013 Sport Crew Cab gray. Drove it one week and wife was driving home from work and all of a sudden the dash lights go wacko and the gages stop working. She made the turn and came up on a red light and it stops running and dash and screen went dark. After two red light session and a state troop came up and ask if she had been drinking, he tried to start it, well it decided to start and she drove on home with the check engine light on,
Well I drove it to take out the same night. When I drove and got to the place the dash lights went wacko and the wipers won’t turn off, and the check engine light still on. Well I shut the truck off and go in and get the take out. Start the truck back up and everything is fine but check engine light on. Well within half mile from the house and it goes wacko again and by the time I get in the drive it dies again as it did with the wife, wouldn’t start for nothing. I close the driver door and open the passenger behind the driver and all of a sudden the instrument cluster lights up.
Well I took the truck to the service department and went to work and talk to my peers they said TAKE IT BACK and tell them to keep it. After thirty minutes I was gone and told them what had happen and told them I don’t want his truck and I want a different one, oh by the way I recorded everything on my iPhone for proof. So they agree to this and got us a different truck. Oh by the way the check engine light had no cades.
Well in about four days we got a Copperhead pearl coat Sport almost like the last one. I told them if I have any problems with this one I’ll be bring it back like the last one. Well 3/5/13 the wife put info in the GPS and almost got to the destination and it went wacko and it’s lost and not even in my coordinates. Boy here we go again. Call Chrysler and told them I gave up a perfect 2010 Ram Crew Cab SLT Big Horn for this. I regent for giving this truck up and I want my money back because they’ve done sold my old truck. I also said I’ll drive my 1990 Jeep Cherokee till they perfect these issues.
I’m taking this truck back and tell them to keep this one also. I’VE HAD IT.

Last edited by YOWN4N; 03-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim Level: Overland
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:15
RAM. is on a distinguished road

The electrical problem I don't know much about because WiTech doesn't work on the air suspension. Currently the problem that is starting to be more common is the buttons to raise/lower the air ride and key fob lower don't do anything. The air ride has been looked over for damages and it has been recharged multiple times. Witech makes you ensure the air suspension is loaded or full before you can go into further diag. This is where the problem is. It reads that the bags are empty and require fill before further diag. The witech patch yesterday was supposed to fix this but it hasn't done anything. The dealership is spending a lot of time trying to figure this out. We have a customer that bought his truck just over two weeks ago that hasn't got to drive it yet because the air ride won't work. I believe we gave him a longhorn without air ride for a loaner though....
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Rep:12
RAMDJM is on a distinguished road

Before I bought mine I remember looking at a fully loaded sport all the bells and whistles, and having the salesman go she is sure pretty and loaded. He asked me what I thought, I looked at him and said love the truck just need to change some things. He listened carefully I said keep the engine, trans, running gear, and tow package and get rid of the rest. The problem with toys like the 8.4 screen and air suspension and so on is they break. sure it is nice and shiny and cool when its in the show room but its not so cool when a short frys your ecu and causes your truck to stall on the road, or the gps drives you off a cliff, or the air suspension fails while towing a trailer and you are stuck diving a straight line.

I love dodgegrew up in dodge my dad has worked there 35 years, but with spending tons of time with him on saturdays hanging out you see what comes back more often then others. example 1982 dodge ram truck thing sits most of its life power nothing, pump it twice turn the key and it fires right up
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
YOWN4N is on a distinguished road

Come to find out that You must register Uconnect before use the GPS with the 8.4. I'm glad thats all it was with the Copperhead Sport Crew Cab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9461ad5c8f09575943f70491d50a3e9ax[1].jpg (69.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Seems like all my issues started after i registered my Uconnect, they just keep
adding up too.. My GPS hasnt worked in 5 days! Today because of daylight savings time
(setting the clock an hour ahead) my clock is now an hour too fast. I go hit the unsync button for the time and set it manually and then it goes back to running an hour fast.
also this weekend the USB port for plugging in your devices quit working.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Firebuff66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto90 View Post
All very unacceptable and very crappy customer service by ram and Chrysler.
I'll never buy another, and will switch back to Chevy ASAP!
I went from a 2009 Silverado to My 2013 Ram. I have to say Chevy makes a much better truck.
I like the ram and will have it for 4 or so years, and I will live with all the "Little" things that are wrong, but its repacement will be a Chevy Silverado.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Rep:25
Ddaaryl is on a distinguished road
Default Problem Resoltion

I'm new here today and just traded my 2010 Quad Cab Hemi for a 2013. I previously had a 2008 that went back to Chrysler under the Lemon Law. It was easy to do and untimately cost me only $604 to get a two year newer truck after 22,000 miles.

Keep all your service records. There are some variations by state. After mine went back to a dealer three times for the same problem (unresolved) I filed the forms with the state and Chrysler. They were given one final chance to fix it. The dealer kept it two days and had the factory rep verify the repair. It wasn't fixed properly, Chrysler said it was so I went to an arbritration meeting with Chrysler and the state. They sent a service manager and a factory rep. We each presented our case. They determined I was right and asked me if I wanted a cash refund or a new truck, I took the truck.

Here in Florida (and other states) if your vehicle is out of service for 30 days in two years you qualify. Keep those shop orders for records. Even if they are waiting for parts, have ordered wrong parts or parts arrive damaged the clock is ticking. Read the information you have about Lemon Law and don't be afraid to use it. You have nothing to loose but a few postage stamps and some photo copies.