DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Total Load Control!
AutoAnything
FGT Motorsport
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!
FGT Motorsport

Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: TRX
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
Pyroboy5000 is on a distinguished road
Default Confederate Ram Trx

Its been a while but I'm back! I've got a 4th gen ram trx and I've got plans for it. I've already done a few things since I bought it. I installed running boards for the short people in my life, I installed led mirrors and converted all the lights to LEDs except for the blinkers, I had a confederate flag wrapped on the tailgate, and I've got 13+ taillight adapters on the way from retro shop. I'll be installing the Laramie style taillights, and a rebel emblem from the ram rebels when they come in.

Here's how it sat when I got it

Here's when I installed the running boards.

And here's when I put on the confederate flag.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: '09 Ram 1500/'16 Ram Ecodiesel
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl, both trucks !!
Rep:2823
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

It looks good so far

I would get rid of that tailgate emblem & have a custom emblem in its place

https://www.google.com/search?q=cust...FYzmgAodAiYAJw

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel 3.55 w/LSD, G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover, Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, EGR bug deflector
Old 09-19-2015, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the suggestion man. I've thought about it before, but I kinda like that it says dodge on it and the way it looks as is. Also I think if I tried to take it back off I'd destroy the portion of the flag that's underneath it.

Also I'm super excited, because I just ordered a kicker stage III upgrade for the stereo, and I'm excited to make a how to on that, because I haven't seen anyone actually do one.

Last edited by Pyroboy5000; 09-19-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:30 AM
I do it because I can!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4X4 CC
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2968
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Truck looks great! Diggin' the Rebel tail gate.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:372
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice

Why would you feel the need to place that particular emblem on your truck? It is widely regarded as a symbol of hatred. If you were my neighbor I'd want to have a few conversations with you to see if I could explain to you why it is offensive to me and many others and why that symbol has no place in our modern society. Since you are my internet neighbor I'd like to extend the same courtesy.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
Why would you feel the need to place that particular emblem on your truck? It is widely regarded as a symbol of hatred. If you were my neighbor I'd want to have a few conversations with you to see if I could explain to you why it is offensive to me and many others and why that symbol has no place in our modern society. Since you are my internet neighbor I'd like to extend the same courtesy.

While I do understand there is a lot of controversy over the flag itself, I don't believe in the type of hatred or discrimination you speak of nor do I believe the flag stands for it. I fly this flag for my southern heritage. It's a symbol of the southern way of life. Not everyone will understand what that means and that's fine by me. I am proud to be a redneck.

If my flag offends you I apologize for your offense. I mean nobody any harm. I don't see color. I just see people, cause we're all the same inside.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:372
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice

I respect your right to express yourself in any way you feel comfortable. I commend you for it. The rebel flag used to have a "Southern way of life" vibe to it and I'm not from the south so I will not understand that the way you do.
In modern times (last 30 years) it has taken on a much more derisive meaning. It is associated with racism, slavery, segregation and white supremacy.
If you feel comfortable with others seeing your self expression carrying these bags attached I can not stop you nor would I try. If I were your next door neighbor I'd feel compelled to explain to you how this symbol no longer has a place in our society and does not mean ONLY what you say it means. If we were neighbors I'd want to be a friend and drink beers with you on Saturday so I would make sure you knew I respected you as a person as I tried to express my information in a way that you could decide for yourself.
Internet neighbors are different because there is no good connection between people but I hope you do not feel disrespected.
Cheers!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: '09 Ram 1500/'16 Ram Ecodiesel
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl, both trucks !!
Rep:2823
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

California has a Bear on the flag & yet we shoot them, in fact the bear on the California Flag is a Grizzly Bear, that had been captured by Mexican Hunters for William Randolph Hearst, a newspaper mogul. He kept the grizzly bear captive in a concrete cage for 22 years. The grizzly bear was given the name Monarch, it died in captivity & had been very despondent

California is the only State that you can go over to the Welfare Office & look at the flag pole, what you see if the US Flag, State Flag with the bear, & right under it is the Flag of Mexico WTF !!!

No one should judge the Confederate Flag being good or in any way bad, that allowed another countries flag to fly on a Public Flag Pole that is paid for by US Taxes

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel 3.55 w/LSD, G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover, Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, EGR bug deflector
Old 09-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: deep cherry red crystal pearl
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:10
mooncon is on a distinguished road

I'm from the south and I love your flag on the tailgate.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:10 PM
WATASHA OUTLAW

Vehicle: '14 RAM 1500 R.Cab 4X4 Shorty
Trim Level: TRADESMAN
Color: FLAME RED
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:468
Desert Ram is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Ram is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Ram is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Ram is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Ram is a glorious beacon of light

Job Well Done Pyroboy5000

'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter...don't mind...And those that mind...don't matter.'