DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
ShawnC13's Avatar
ShawnC13 ShawnC13 is offline
Cheap Canadian Labour



 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 31,508
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 22
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future
Default I hate my WASHING MACHINE!!

So it actually has been a great machine we have had it for 7 years and with 6 kids it does a LOT of laundry every day but this weekend I wanted to throw it out in the front yard and shoot it.

I get a call at work on Friday from my wife telling me she can here a rock caught between the drum and and the outer shell so she stops the laundry. I am thinking great another repair bill when will all the unexpected expenses stop. Well no repair bill as I was able to strip the washer down and was lucky to get it out!!


So all is good on Saturday get the regular laundry done and then Sunday arrives with 2 error codes one for the pump drive error and another to do with the pump as well. Now I am thinking I did the pump a year ago what is going on now. Of course the machine is full of water and the drain at the bottom is low to the ground so to get something under it to catch the water was a bit of a pain. Of course the drain cap comes all the way off and won't thread back on so now I am getting water everywhere. Anyways after cleaning up the water taking the pump out and taking it apart this is what I find.




Anyways washer is back together and catching up on laundry including the extra load of towels I created mopping up the mess!! Final Score Washing Machine 0 *with 2 Great attempts* ShawnC13 2!!!!!!!

I hope I don't have to go for the Hat Trick!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Stump3r's Avatar
Stump3r Stump3r is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Morinville, Alberta
Age: 46
Posts: 12,859
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 13
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of
Default

Next time I need appliance fixed somebody is going on a road trip
__________________


Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
RansRAM's Avatar
RansRAM RansRAM is offline
Addicted to the Z

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Age: 55
Posts: 12,793
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Great job fixing it all up, the money you saved on a repair bill can go towards another mod !!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
ShawnC13's Avatar
ShawnC13 ShawnC13 is offline
Cheap Canadian Labour



 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 31,508
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 22
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Great job fixing it all up, the money you saved on a repair bill can go towards another mod !!!
I wish we just had to get a new mattress for the bed. Now that they have eliminated the penny I can't even save those anymore !!!!! I dream of a day being able to do some mods!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM
ShawnC13's Avatar
ShawnC13 ShawnC13 is offline
Cheap Canadian Labour



 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 31,508
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 22
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
Next time I need appliance fixed somebody is going on a road trip
I will only charge you $45 an hour and billing starts from when I leave my house to when I get home!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
RansRAM's Avatar
RansRAM RansRAM is offline
Addicted to the Z

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Age: 55
Posts: 12,793
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default

^^^^ Where there's a will there's a way, I know, start saving nickels instead, they add up a lot faster.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
ShawnC13's Avatar
ShawnC13 ShawnC13 is offline
Cheap Canadian Labour



 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 31,508
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 22
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future
Default

^^ So true. Tax return coming hoping and hoping is a key word to order a Y Pipe and some Bilsteins. I think the Y for sure as they are pretty cheap and that will help the Hemi a bit also might try a DIY CAI been doing some research so might give it a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
RansRAM's Avatar
RansRAM RansRAM is offline
Addicted to the Z

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Age: 55
Posts: 12,793
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
^^ So true. Tax return coming hoping and hoping is a key word to order a Y Pipe and some Bilsteins. I think the Y for sure as they are pretty cheap and that will help the Hemi a bit also might try a DIY CAI been doing some research so might give it a shot.
I'm seriously thinking of getting the bilsteins to level my front end in the very near future. Want to do the install myself.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
wolfman01 wolfman01 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Williston, ND
Posts: 277
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn Edition
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:126
wolfman01 will become famous soon enoughwolfman01 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
So it actually has been a great machine we have had it for 7 years and with 6 kids it does a LOT of laundry every day but this weekend I wanted to throw it out in the front yard and shoot it.

I get a call at work on Friday from my wife telling me she can here a rock caught between the drum and and the outer shell so she stops the laundry. I am thinking great another repair bill when will all the unexpected expenses stop. Well no repair bill as I was able to strip the washer down and was lucky to get it out!!


So all is good on Saturday get the regular laundry done and then Sunday arrives with 2 error codes one for the pump drive error and another to do with the pump as well. Now I am thinking I did the pump a year ago what is going on now. Of course the machine is full of water and the drain at the bottom is low to the ground so to get something under it to catch the water was a bit of a pain. Of course the drain cap comes all the way off and won't thread back on so now I am getting water everywhere. Anyways after cleaning up the water taking the pump out and taking it apart this is what I find.




Anyways washer is back together and catching up on laundry including the extra load of towels I created mopping up the mess!! Final Score Washing Machine 0 *with 2 Great attempts* ShawnC13 2!!!!!!!

I hope I don't have to go for the Hat Trick!!
Nice. If you REALLY like putzing around with your washer. Get a Great Dane. My washer's filter has clogged twice since I brought him home.
__________________
2014 Chevy Spark (3k)
2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi 8 speed (7k)
2004 Saturn ION Redline (9k)
1995 Tiffin Allegro Bay (46k)
1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra (97k)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
ShawnC13's Avatar
ShawnC13 ShawnC13 is offline
Cheap Canadian Labour



 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 31,508
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 22
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman01 View Post
Nice. If you REALLY like putzing around with your washer. Get a Great Dane. My washer's filter has clogged twice since I brought him home.
LOL I would love to get a dog and a great Dane would be awesome but not the clogged washer part
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors