DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

It's all in the wording, Drama sells, Facts not so much. I read the news and know that I have to filter the B-S in how people write or say things.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Rep:10
Timpone6789 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Nobody's doubting the claims that are now wide-spread.

Neither one of the links you provided claimed that "....As part of their protest, they decided to intentionally sabotage the Ram 1500 production..." as the originally posted link did.

To [deliberately and intentionally] use the term sabotage - a deliberate action aimed at weakening another entity through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction - is nothing more than dramatization and a piss-poor attemp on behalf of TundraHeadquarters.com to shift and sway the market based purely on fabrication.

Shame on them!

I don't doubt the facts; nobody does.

The [reputable] media outlets do not doubt the facts.

Hell, Chrysler - much to their credit - do not doubt the facts.

There are [serious] issues at Chrysler's Warren Truck Assembly Plant, without a doubt. Morale is down. Workers are pissed. Quality control is [near] non-existent. Yada, yada, yada..... It is what it is. However, I've yet to find ONE other credible news source who claims Chrysler's workers are sabotaging the production of the 2013 Rams. But of course, TundraHeadquarters.com [and similar sites/blogs] will convince you otherwise.

Consider the source.

PS: The website in question is NOT affliated with Toyota in any way. It's just a bunch of Tundra nutthuggers who are intoxicated with emptiness into thinking the Tundra is the be-all and end-all of the pick-up world. Read: internet trolls.
I agree that sabotage was a bad word choice but they did knowingly put the trucks together sub par, enough so to fail final inspection.
This post was not about the wording of that article though it was about the fact that this is actually happening.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport 4X4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep water blue pearl
Rep:13
bluedodgeram is on a distinguished road
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpone6789 View Post
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...-sabotage-ram/
read this on reddit today, what do you think?
I'd be more worried about the F-150 Ecoboost, did you see the cracked block in the post "Beware F-150 Ecoboost owners". This truck was a 2012 with only 18,000 miles. Yikes!!!

Last edited by bluedodgeram; 03-13-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Have you ever seen how hard it is to fire a union worker?
I was in the Carpenters and Painters Union, still got canned after my injury and surgeries with doctors orders I was on 6 months to a year or more recovery from spinal surgery and another surgery was to take place after the first healed... Surgery was October and 2 weeks before Christmas was informed of a Termination hearing, cut loose the week before Christmas.
It was a wrongful termination and have a active case but its funny they say I didn't have anything in my 15 years of service in file, I was a great employee... and I could always re-apply later for another position...what a joke, and the union did nothing for me...what a waste of money too.
The union isn't what it used to be and neither are the employers.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of the issues that are causing the Rams to fail inspection is due to the brand new
POWERNET system, that connects the radio to the rest of the Ram, the radio is no longer just a way to receive entertainment

All-new Powernet Electrical Architecture
As the Ram 1500 continues to offer more feature content, it created the need for a technology that allows more information to be electronically communicated within the truck. The new Powernet system, used for the first time on a Ram 1500, allows both high- and low-speed data networks to be equipped with as many as 40 individual modules, all designed to improve vehicle performance and enhance the comfort and safety of driver and passengers. Within the Powernet high-speed network, each module (e.g., electronic stability control) processes its individual data and transmits the appropriate commands within the vehicle to activate any additional systems (e.g. anti-lock brake system and cruise control). Uconnect leverages Powernet to deliver fast response time, and share critical information between the 8.4-inch touchscreen and the Vehicle Information Center.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: st express
Color: silver
Rep:10
426440 is on a distinguished road
Angry mad workers

whats a toyota? maybe when they put a real motor in one of those slugs they can run their mouths!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's not as hard as you may think. There is just a set procedure that must be followed prior to the working getting fired.

I've been a proud member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (Division 599)for the past 7 years, and was a member of the United Transportation Union (Local 781) for 10 years.

The unions are ONLY as strong as their weakest member. There is much that a union can do for you, but there isn't much that can be done to a member/ worker that is doing something nefarious or just not doing his/ her job.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

im glad my 2012 was built in mexico have not had one problem with it
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:267
Ahays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
firing a union worker is more like giving them a couple week paid vacation...dont ask me how i knwo this
Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 4.7 v8
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Burgandy
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:55
Dodgey will become famous soon enough

How is it that Consumer Reports named Ram truck of the year if this is true?