DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Express Quad Cab
Trim Level: Express QC Rwd
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
SoCalExpress will become famous soon enoughSoCalExpress will become famous soon enough
Default Door Handles

Anyone know where to get color marched door handles? I have the textured black right now but I want the color matched mineral gray. Your input is appreciated!
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:10
dizzle is on a distinguished road

to get them paint matched they would require all the texture to be sanded off, then they would need to be primed, painted and clear coated. Since they would have to be removed from the truck to accomplish this, your truck would have to sit with no door handles.

i made sure to get the sport package to ensure i dont have to manually do it.
unless you can find a plasti-dip colour that closely matches, its not exactly a small job.

if you have the passive entry system on your ram i am sure this would make them even MORE difficult considering they contain electronics.

im sure the replacements would come from DODGE with just a primer, you would then have to pay to get them paint matched.

cant see it being worth it honestly, something so small and solely for appearance, yet requires a ton of work (or money).

not the answer you were looking for, but i have some experience with plasti-dip and unless you can get away with using it, i wouldn't even bother.

at least with chrome door handles, its just a simple 3M Adhesive application.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black
vancat74 is on a distinguished road

You can buy the color matched handles. Try the vendor on this site Mopar Online Parts. Buying them is you best option.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

SoCalExpress will become famous soon enoughSoCalExpress will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancat74 View Post
You can buy the color matched handles. Try the vendor on this site Mopar Online Parts. Buying them is you best option.
After a few hours of searching I came across this. About $200 for all 4 handles already color matched, not too bad. Something to add to my list!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
zonaboy is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalExpress View Post
After a few hours of searching I came across this. About $200 for all 4 handles already color matched, not too bad. Something to add to my list!
Dizzle has no idea what he's taking about. Buying a sport package truck is anywhere from 5-10k more than express just to get color matched handles. I have a express and I hate the plastic door handles where did you find them color matched for $200 I need these.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

Moparonlineparts.com is a vendor here and a great place to buy the handles. Send them a pm and they'll tell you exactly what part numbers you need. I just did the same thing and my handles will be here tomorrow.

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 02-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcbigbadram View Post
Moparonlineparts.com is a vendor here and a great place to buy the handles. Send them a pm and they'll tell you exactly what part numbers you need. I just did the same thing and my handles will be here tomorrow.
Moparonlineparts.com is where I came across them as well. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonaboy View Post
Dizzle has no idea what he's taking about. Buying a sport package truck is anywhere from 5-10k more than express just to get color matched handles. I have a express and I hate the plastic door handles where did you find them color matched for $200 I need these.
I know I laughed at that, "should have bought the sport" even told my wife about it on our way out to dinner, can't imagine if I tried to talk her into letting me get a sport instead of an express, she was already having a fit about that, but now I am the one that gets to have the fit since three months after buying my express we bought her a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited fully loaded (tried to tell her it's a wrangler it's not supposed to have leather, navi, or seat warmers but she didn't care), works in my benefit though because now she doesn't want to drive my truck since she has that.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4
Color: True Blue Pearl
dizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonaboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalExpress View Post
Moparonlineparts.com is where I came across them as well. Thanks for the info!

I know I laughed at that, "should have bought the sport" even told my wife about it on our way out to dinner, can't imagine if I tried to talk her into letting me get a sport instead of an express, she was already having a fit about that, but now I am the one that gets to have the fit since three months after buying my express we bought her a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited fully loaded (tried to tell her it's a wrangler it's not supposed to have leather, navi, or seat warmers but she didn't care), works in my benefit though because now she doesn't want to drive my truck since she has that.
for the record, i never once said "should have bought a sport" i said 'i (personally) made sure to buy a sport" never once did i suggest anyone purchase a specific truck. i bought the truck i wanted so i wouldnt have to order a whole skid of replacement parts because i decided to purchase a base truck and fake it into a sport. lol

so as for telling me i dont know what im talking about, your first post said 'any input is appreciated" which is exactly what i did, provided some input. good to know you ask for peoples input then show nothing but disrespect when its not the cut and paste answer your looking for. isnt that what google is for?

but then again, its coming from somebody who has a wife that decides what type of trucks they are 'allowed" to purchase.. make sure you ask her if your allowed to use the credit card to buy all the replacement parts. wouldn't want her to throw a "fit"

should have gotten a base 2wd and just added 4x4 badges? *because its 10-15k cheaper*

Last edited by dizzle; 02-14-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
for the record, i never once said "should have bought a sport" i said 'i (personally) made sure to buy a sport" never once did i suggest anyone purchase a specific truck. i bought the truck i wanted so i wouldnt have to order a whole skid of replacement parts because i decided to purchase a base truck and fake it into a sport. lol

so as for telling me i dont know what im talking about, your first post said 'any input is appreciated" which is exactly what i did, provided some input. good to know you ask for peoples input then show nothing but disrespect when its not the cut and paste answer your looking for. isnt that what google is for?

but then again, its coming from somebody who has a wife that decides what type of trucks they are 'allowed" to purchase.. make sure you ask her if your allowed to use the credit card to buy all the replacement parts. wouldn't want her to throw a "fit"

should have gotten a base 2wd and just added 4x4 badges? *because its 10-15k cheaper*
First off I would like to genuinely thank you for your input even though you were eluding that the only way to get color matched handles was to paint them which was incorrect but it would have been a valuable comment had it been accurate. I know I said "any input" but perhaps I should have said correct input.

My wife and I try our best to make decisions together, we play off of each other's strengths typically to make smart decisions or at least try too. Had I known some things prior to purchasing my express, which I am for the most part happy with, such as my wife getting a new job making more money and that I would be recruited by my old competitor (current company now ) for a new role, I probably would have waited and bought a Laramie or something else but I didn't know those events were going to take place and at the time the Express made the most sense for me. I could easily go trade in my truck and get something nicer and more expensive but financially it isn't a smart move so unless something terribly wrong happens to my truck it is mine for the next few years. That being said when I bought the express my main concerns were getting the hemi and yeah that's about it since then, especially after joining this awesome forum, I have seen quite a few trucks the same color as mine with the color matched handles as well as other things such as 3.92 gears, 8speed tranny, so on that I am a little bummed I didn't hold out for but oh well, next RAM.

I am glad you got the truck you wanted and don't want to change anything on it but I on the other hand enjoy changing things on my truck and would be doing that even had I bought the exact truck I wanted, by the way is a white 4x4 crew cab long bed Laramie or big horn with leather, hemi, 3.92 gears, 8 speed and black interior with a few mor things too but who cares. I would take it in black or mineral gray as well though, all together probably more than 30k over what my express was, next time though so I won't have to search for color matched handles.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
Also that more like 3k difference, at least according to msn auto and edmunds, more inaccurate information, might want to check your source.