DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
longandwhite is on a distinguished road
Default Diablo Trinity Tire Size Question

I currently have a 2011 Single cab with 255/55/20s on it. The factory tire size on my vehicle was 265/70/17. (at one point I had 35x12.50x20 on the truck and traded a guy with an 08 who had 255/55/20 which is how I ended up with these tires) So my question is I know with the 35s the speedo was thrown off and what not. Is there any difference between what the trucks ECU thinks is on the truck now, vs what came from the factory? and if so does the Diablo Trinity, which I plan on purchasing next month have an option to adjust tire size? If not, is that even an issue?
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

Your 2011 ram is programmed to work with 33" tires. So as long as you are close to that, your speedo will be correct. I have 31.5" tires on my truck and I show 60mph when I am actually doing 58mph, so small effect depending on the tire size.

The trinity from diablosport has a program to change the tire sizes, but it doesn't work. I along with others have complained to Diablosport, and have been told that they are addressing it, and it when fixed it will be an updatable download. I was told this in January when the tuners first came out for the 11s and 12s.

You can have the dealership change the tire size if you wan't, but I wouldn't bother them, they will look for a reason to cancel your warrenty!

Also Hypertech's tuner for our trucks, there program to change tire size works on ours, and you can change this without effecting your tune, or having to install a tune, just the tire size adjustment. But that unit costs $220, a lot to just change tire size readings, but only doulbe what the dealership said they would charge me.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes

Last edited by hodgeee; 03-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.