DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
Dodgerke is on a distinguished road
Default Alarm goes off when i lock it...

Hi guys and girls.

Last saturday i locked the ram, and after a few seconds the alarm went off, so i hit the unlock button en it stops.
I got in the truck and the evic showed: remote start dissabled start car for reset.
I did, en locked it again and again after a couple of seconds the alarm went off.

Because it was late i left the car unlocked, next day i disconnected the neg battery clip for one hour, reconnected it and after 2 min's being locked it went again off...

So i tryed to start it with the remote and the evic showed: remote start dissabled hood open, and the hood was closed. So i take a look to the switch thats mounted on release and close bracket for the hood, sprayed it with contact cleaner closed the hood en locked the car, after 4 houres it went off again.

Enybody that knows a solutionnore has this before?
Last few weeks i drove allot in snow and salty roads, could the salt trigger switches ( corosion?) that then trigger the alarm?

Im starting to think i have an electric gremlin, a month ago my nav/ radio died ( realy dead) and replaced under warranty, but now this issue makes me scared, truck start and drives just fine.

I hope somebody can help me out, because its driving me crazy, and i don't want to leave the truck unlocked...

Grtzz dodgerke.
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I would say that a trip to the dealership is in order. Hopefully they can get your fixed up, sometimes stuff happens, though I understand that it can be very annoying .

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Dodgerke is on a distinguished road

I took it to the dealer, a few weeks ago and the fixed it... Was a problem in the computer, lost memory of windows and the car thougt the windows where open...

Al those weeks nothing wrong, and just 30min ago it started doing the same damn thing again... Nobody that can help?

Is there a fuse for the alarm to shut it off, or something else?
Called the dealer and he doenst understand it... I think that the tipm ( main computer) is fault but that thing costs allot of money, its still under warranty but i think the dealer isnt going to replace it.

So i hope i can get here some more answers.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
ronnie11223 is on a distinguished road

the same thing was happing to me on my 2011 ram sport 1500 quad cab,
I changed the batteries in the remote and it has not happened since!!! I think from the batteries dying in the remote it was sending a jumbled code to the truck and it made it act screwy give it a shot maybe it will work for you! let me know if it helps!