DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I will never get another dodge again. I had a dodge charger, 2011!!!!! TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN. at 20,00 a cylinder cracked, and 25000 a strut went bad, and at 30,000 when an ABS sensor fell off and almost killed my wife i got rid of the ****ING thing. (got a mustang - no problems) Dodge's quality of work has gone to hell. My next truck after this one will be a ford chevy or toyota
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Lawdog4817 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
TELL ME ABOUT IT. I will never get another dodge again. I had a dodge charger, 2011!!!!! TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN. at 20,00 a cylinder cracked, and 25000 a strut went bad, and at 30,000 when an ABS sensor fell off and almost killed my wife i got rid of the ****ING thing. (got a mustang - no problems) Dodge's quality of work has gone to hell. My next truck after this one will be a ford chevy or toyota
1. Your talking about a DODGE CAR
2. the RAM is in another league of its own.

Now of you said this happened to a RAM truck...well I still wouldn't believe you, no offense.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 cc
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:10
OAG18 is on a distinguished road

If it is a door alignment issue like you say, take it in for that instead of a paint issue. If a door alignment issue caused this then both would probably get fixed. Otherwise it looks like it is from excessive wear and tear. Don't blame dodge, when you were complaining about paint if it is actually a door alignment issue.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

Get it painted and put a set of running boards on. It does not appear to be anything more than from rubbing on your boots/pants getting in and out of the truck. I am 6' tall and I need running boards otherwise I end up sliding in and out of the truck due to the height of the Ram's.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyss View Post
Lets get some things straight im a commercial inspector for the highway patrol im not in the market to pull a fast one. I have been a mechanic for 10 years. If you look at my other threads you will see how well I take care of my truck I wash it weekly and wax it once a month. That damage you see was what a 300 mile trip did not only that my door seals have holes rubbed thru them above latch and upper part. So two holes in rubber and this leads me to believe a door alignment issue. Dodge such as yourselves believe it was wear from everday use. Pictures only tell one side, btw my 09 with 36000 miles looks as good as the day I got it. Also this is driver side and im only one who drives it. Hope this clears some things up. Also I have never tried to use a warrenty claim before, this is getting worse day by day.
I have only seen this one time before. We had a dodge charger as a patrol vehicle and after only a few months it looked the same. There were some issues with the door being aligned. Good luck to you and I hope you get that straightened out.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 04-02-2013, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

imho, paint on vehicles isn't what it used to be. if it were mine and dodge won't fix it for whatever reason, i would sand it down and cover it with some diy bed liner and forget about it.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
imho, paint on vehicles isn't what it used to be. if it were mine and dodge won't fix it for whatever reason, i would sand it down and cover it with some diy bed liner and forget about it.

^^^^^^^This x10^^^^^^^

you wont regret it, just take your time and do it right.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Rep:28
airforce26yrs is on a distinguished road

It might help for us to understand if you could provide a picture of the door seal with the holes in it. Just from that pic it looks like boot/shoe wear, but if we could see the seal it might change our minds. What about a pic looking down the door from the back to the front along the bottom, might be bowed.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:29
J Roc is on a distinguished road

My truck is the same way except not as bad and the dealer said the exact same thing. My truck has been like that since 3000 kms and I look after it as good as anybody. For some of you people to say that is clearly his fault have no idea at all. I am in good shape and can easily get in and out of my truck without dragging my feet and/or pant leg across the rocker panel. These are clearly weather stripping or door alignment issues that should be rectified when spending hard earned money on a brand new vehicle. My paint should not be just rubbing off a brand new vehicle and Chrysler just sweeping it under the rug telling me to look to the aftermarket for a solution. Not looking to start a fight, just voicing my opinion. Other than that I love my RAM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

That paint scratching looks like what is on a car nearby
when the doors are closed, there are so many scratches on the outside
he has these small dogs that scratch the paint whenever he is leaving from the house or returns home
Cats are even worse on hoods & roof
I had a possum around that liked my Ram roof at night, used to see its paw prints in the morning, no scratches though
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle