DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
Isn't stock offset like 19? Wouldn't 25 make them tuck in even more? Isn't that why u are rubbing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I thought the OEM's were 18mm offset.....
That could very well be. I wasn't 100% sure if the 20's were 19 or 25. But ya if they are 19 then Les Schwab really has no idea what they're talking about.... what they are suggesting will give you more rubbing not less. I'm thinking they aren't the guys to be listening to on this matter.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Are you rubbin on the inner fender liner at full left lock?

If you are and you get more negative offset with spacers or wheels your just gonna create more rubbing.

You need more lift or start cutting!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Hey Tim28, you could try these spacers that look very strong.
Those are one of the strongest spacers available, and they are hub centric which is a big plus!, additionally we ran them on our company truck for about 4000 miles while deciding what rims to go with and had no issues at all, we ran the 1.5".

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
That could very well be. I wasn't 100% sure if the 20's were 19 or 25. But ya if they are 19 then Les Schwab really has no idea what they're talking about.... what they are suggesting will give you more rubbing not less. I'm thinking they aren't the guys to be listening to on this matter.
In order to run 20x9's without rub you are going to want to look into a +0 or a +12mm rim.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie Quad Ca
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:33
Tim28 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replys. I'm going to try to answer everyone in one post.

Weight - yes they are heavier than stock, but I would expect that in a 10ply tire. The truck feels MUCH more sure-footed. A little difference in initial take off but not enough to keep me from buying them again. (I have the 3.92s) So far I've noticed a 1 mpg difference.

I also did magnaflow later that day, and it was actually a noticeable difference. Take off was much more responsive. (Cold Air Intake Next - maybe that will offset the noticeable difference that is left.)

I'll see if I can get some pictures of the wheel turned out. It's raining in seattle right now. Figures right?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie Quad Ca
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:33
Tim28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Those are one of the strongest spacers available, and they are hub centric which is a big plus!, additionally we ran them on our company truck for about 4000 miles while deciding what rims to go with and had no issues at all, we ran the 1.5".

In talking to other tire shops there are conflicting reports of wear. Is this just because of the quality difference in the different lines of spacers? And (sorry for the noob question) would I get 4 to even out the front and rear or would I just get 2 for the front axel?

Thanks for all the responses!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28 View Post
In talking to other tire shops there are conflicting reports of wear. Is this just because of the quality difference in the different lines of spacers? And (sorry for the noob question) would I get 4 to even out the front and rear or would I just get 2 for the front axel?

Thanks for all the responses!
Different people have different opinions of spacers, if they are hub centric and a good quality you should be ok, I would not go off road with them though.

Additionally when I was running them I did not have any funny tire wear.

I have never seen anyone just buy 2 technically that is all you would need, however the truck would look very funny without doing the rears as well.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!