DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Rep:10
launchnretrieve is on a distinguished road
Default Dodge Dart

The commercials keep catching my eye for some reason. What do you think of the new Dodge Dart? Maybe it's just nostalgia for the pushbutton auto transmission Dart my babysitter use to take me to my little league games in back in the later 60's. Or maybe it's nostalgia for the babysitter? No matter, just wondering why the current Dart is catching my eye.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

It's a good looking car. I've checked it out a few times while at the dealership for various other reasons. It's just a little small for my needs as a daily driver.

I would very seriously consider it for my 3rd vehicle/ toy. I think I will be waiting for either the RT or SRT to come out though. Once they arrive I may be looking at getting rid of my Honda CR-Z (my go cart).

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Looks sharp! My only problem is it has three power plants that basically have the same horse power. I mean Honda has Vtech which has been around for a long time. Ford has Eco boost. Hyundai offers a turbo which I believe has around 280 HP. You think dodge would have offered something a little Radical. Way under powered by todays standards.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

I like the engines, the looks of the Rallye and R/T and I like the fact it comes with a manual, however I do not like the fact they haven't made an SRT model yet.

I still prefer the Focus however, From what I have read, the focus is a better drive, plus the hatchback practicality is a must for me, but the reliability of the focus is always in doubt.

If I were to buy a small 4 cyl car for about $20,000 it might be the new Hyundai Elantra with a manual
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
Looks sharp! My only problem is it has three power plants that basically have the same horse power. I mean Honda has Vtech which has been around for a long time. Ford has Eco boost. Hyundai offers a turbo which I believe has around 280 HP. You think dodge would have offered something a little Radical. Way under powered by todays standards.
the 1.4L turbo in the dart is on par with the competitions basic engines plus the 1.4L gets it torque at a much lower RPM then the competition which makes it ideal for highway cruising and city driving if you don't want or cant afford a diesel. I do agree that an SRT model is needed to compete with the Turbo of Hyundai, the RS Focus, Golf GTI and the Mazdaspeed 3

Since its a dart, will they call the high performance version the 340 GTS?

Last edited by rango88; 03-20-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

its a beefed up neon
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram HEMI
Rep:36
MEZERR is on a distinguished road

I drove the DART for 3 weeks while my RAM was in the shop.

I HATED it. You thought torque management was bad on the RAM? Something was messing with my throttle control. I would give it gas to go out and pass someone, and it would not go any faster. I had to absolutely PLANT my foot on the gas for it to get any faster, then the engine shifted down to the first gear, and it would go. The throttle was more of an on/off switch then gradual.

Also, the torque converter would slip SOOOOOOOO much. Example: Whenever giving any type of gas, first the converter would slip for 3-4 seconds, then it would catch. So, when needing a quick amount of gas to pass someone, it would shift down a gear, slip the convertor for 3-4 seconds, then catch, then you would go faster. The delays in shifting this thing, and needing acceleration were brutal.

The next time i needed a loaner car, I chose a 2008 caliber over the 2013 dart. My suggestion? Drive the DART for a whole day or two before buying.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Nice feedback guys. Would definitely drive a rental full day under all normal conditions before buying. Even though a next non truck would be for daughter, still needs to drive to my expectations. It does present well on appearance in the commercials.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

driving a rental altimus today. just city streets so far, but no complaints. will let you all know how it handles on freeway.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

I had to drive one from the Dodge meeting in Dallas to my dealership in Jackson Tn. I loved it. Mine was manual and turbo. I am 6'2 230 and I fit better than i thought, but I am used to a truck and still prefer it. It'll either be a Dart or Charger for the lady one day. The dart really is a good car.

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread