DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013
Rep:10
NotYetRamGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Wouldnt sell me a truck

My wife and i were excited, the dealership was having a special 1 day event, (we had held off buying for 2 weeks on the salespersons advice to wait for this day to purchase)
A representative from Chysler was there, prizes to be won, big promotional stuff going on.

We 1st sat with the Chysler rep and told him what we wanted, that we are here to finally buy. He takes are info, says we will be taken care of, smiles all around.
Then we meet up with our salesperson who then tells us that they didn't appraise our van yet - even though weeks ago we left it with them for this exact reason - because that was when we wanted to buy, but she advised us to wait till this day.

Then she spends the time trying to sell us a truck we don't want (quad cab) we want a crew and the Model, Engine and trans we don't want.
I knew they didn't have the exact one on the lot that i wanted.
But i was willing to order or have them find us one.
It was so frustrating. I had told we don't want that truck many times in the past.

And then because of the time we had to go.
We actually left after over an hour without a truck and very confused on why we didn't buy one.

So I asked a colleague for his contact at another dealership a bit further away and we'll try again somewhere else in the near future.
Kind of out of the mood right now to buy.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

You should have talked to the rep. On the other hand, allocation is king, who knows. Is it a dealer that has been there for a long time?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013
Rep:10
NotYetRamGuy is on a distinguished road

they have for years, as long as i can remember.
She sold us our van in 2010.
And I understand she wanted me to buy a on-the-lot vehicle.
But it's not what i wanted.
I'm getting over it, just the timing in our lives to get a new vehicle then was perfect being march break and all.
Now it's trying to find time after work and on weekends to start somewhere new.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetRamGuy View Post
they have for years, as long as i can remember.
She sold us our van in 2010.
And I understand she wanted me to buy a on-the-lot vehicle.
But it's not what i wanted.
I'm getting over it, just the timing in our lives to get a new vehicle then was perfect being march break and all.
Now it's trying to find time after work and on weekends to start somewhere new.
The best thing would just buy one from another dealership. When the salesperson calls, just tell here you bought somewhere else and why. She will learn her lesson.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Go through the Dealerships Online Sales Department, almost every dealership has one
They WILL find the RAM that you want, whether it is on the lot or in another state & when you say, 'that is the one that i want' , it will be transported to the dealership that you are communicating with.

You can do everything Online that you can do in the showroom & get a better price at the same time

Internet sales person pops up in a window when you go to
http://www.joececconischryslercomplex.com/index.htm

The 2 other dealerships close by don't seem to have that feature
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

NotYetRamGuy; Sorry to hear of your misfortune with that dealership not working with you. Guess sales must be good at that dealer to turn an interested buyer like yourself down. But no worries bud. Before I bought my 2012 Ram I was ready to buy a 2012 4x4 Ford Expedition but guess what? The dealership didn't have a 4x4 on the lot or anywhere in the state. So then the salesman proceeded to try and convince me that I didn't need a 4x4 and that they have plenty of 4x2's ready for me to drive away today! Wrong Answer! So I looked at my wife and said, "This Ford dealership salesman sucks!" Lets take a drive down the road to The Ram dealership. Test rode three different level 4x4 Rams and we drove off that afternoon in exactly what we wanted.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to here about the bad experience, I would try a new dealership, When I was in the market for my first New ram 6-7 years ago I looked at many different dealers and talked to many different sales rep for an entire summer untill I found the dealership and the salesman, since then I have bought every vehicle from the same salesman, over the years we have got on a really good level, and now when its time to by a new vehicle it is a very painless experience, I simply send him a text let him know what I am looking for he lines up all the options I go down have a look pick what I want and then do the paperwork, He doesn't even haggle me on price, his first price is the low price.

I hope you can find a dealer/salesman that is as easy as mine is to work with, and you get the truck you are looking for without anymore further headache.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Rep:12
pwrman is on a distinguished road

You REALLY need to go talk to the sales manager, tell him/her your story. For a sales person to let you get out of the store without a vehicle, when you seemed so intent on buying, is just unbelievable. At least try a different sales person.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

That is the salesperson's job. They don't seem to realize that some people would buy on the spot if you gave them the deal they are looking for. No BS salesman crap. I had the itch about 2 months ago to trade in my Ram and get something different. Could have been a 2013 Ram, a 2500 or a nice 300S (I really like the 300). The salesman simply had to give me a good deal and that didn't happen. I wasn't looking for the deal of the century but he didn't even try. End result: NO SALE.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
R/T owning member.

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Rep:47
TriSum is on a distinguished road

OP- Go online and find the vehicle you want, negotiate over the internet it's much easier on the stress level. Negotiate your price before telling them you have a trade. Once you are happy with the price take your trade down and get it appraised and negotiate that at the dealer. This leaves no doubt of what you are really paying for your new truck and what they are giving you for your trade.

If I didn't like my salesman so much I would never go into the dealer except to sign papers and drive off. He is one of the no BS guys, got to love it.

Good luck !!

David