DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dodge29 is on a distinguished road

The documentation in the owners manual shows a completely different TIPM and fuse box altogether, even the one ond the CD and the iPad app are different. The listing I've shown here is from under the lid of the fuse box.

Stated again this morning, will be trying twice at lunch, need to stop at Lowes and Advanced Auto so 3 starts needed on the way home.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Ah, I love these new Chrysler wiring diagrams. One shows me the starter relay being built into the printed circuit board on the TIPM and another shows it to be removeable.
So do you think the K3 relay could have been all or part of the starting problem?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Still starting regularly. I wont report back here again unless it fails to start again, in the near future. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Unfortunately, it failed to start again last evening. I turned it off, opended the hood and relay/fuse box lid and re-seated all of the fuses and relays. Most of them didn't seem to move much. I closed it back up, and it started.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I wonder if maybe there's a bad solder connection on a circuit board in the TIPM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

It failed to start again today. I didn't have time to look at the fuse box. In neutral it will always start.

I have thought there might be an issue with the tipm. Unfortunately it doesn't fail enough to get a dealership to look at it.

We've decided to drive it until total failure and hope its not on 95 south !
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Paultocologist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Sounds like the (internal) neutral safety switch (<- is that the TRS). You might want to contact Lubinator as he had a similar issue. Let me gat back and repost if I got the member wrong but I'll start looking for the thread for the member. Just because they claimed to have replaced it doesn't actually mean that it's good just because it's new. How old was the original before it was allegedly replaced?

(edit) sorry it was jacksonsnorth and here's the thread: http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113784

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 04-29-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Sounds like he's having the same problem, and getting the same runaround. There isn't a Dodge dealer anywhere in this area that will even look at my truck unless it exhibits the issue in front of them. And when it does, id bet the truck that they wont be able to fix it. It is intermittent, so I'll drive it until failure, or its paid off. They got my money, and thats all they care about. Poor design, even poorer service organization.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Paultocologist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

The thread I posted did have the same problem and it was finally resolved I don't think he's had any problems since.

I'd try'n PM him and double check if I were having the same issue. Maybe he can give you a little insight from experience.

Go through the thread and find out exactly was done, the procedure, and the resolution. This way you can go into the stealership with a loaded gun.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

It looks like they replaced his solenoid pack. They already supposedly changed my TRS which is supposed to have the solenoid pack as part of it. My truck still exhibits the no start symptom every 4 or 5 days so I don't think that's it.