DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Can't speak directly about truck or option availability. It has fluctuated several times during the last few months based on part availability and monthly allocation. They can only build so many trucks a day/week/month and then after that start falling behind and making people angry (see almost entire forum). I assume all return soon and by the very least for April's allocation as long as parts become available. As far as the REBATES. There are protected rebates and non protected rebates. When a Consumer special orders a vehicle and places a deposit then the rebates that are allowed to everyone (ex. $1,750 this month) are protected. Truck of the Month rebates were not protected because certain trucks like the Laramie were not part of that incentive (hence NOT allowed to everyone). A Future Farmers of America or a regional incentive like the South East Cash are NOT protected because NOT EVERYONE can get them. Only the rebates that are available to all are protected and guaranteed at the time the order is taken or the vehicle is listed as sold. After that when the vehicle finally comes to the dealer the consumer will get whatever rebates were protected Or MORE if the rebates have increased since the time or ordering. Hope this makes sense. Rebates change the first Tuesday of every month and generally the cash value stays the same or increases as the end of the quarter approaches.

Last edited by Bhbdvm; 03-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
We ordered an R/T February 6 and now we are told by the dealer and by Ram that they cannot fill the order with an eight-speed. We had a DFD (Buy) on the order with the 26L code on the truck. I do not know what Buy means. If they are to be only 2014 models I hoe they put them our earlier and just call them a 2014. The ZF is worth waiting for. They should be building them at Kokomo.
I also was looking into the 8 speed R/T, but my dealer couldn't even build one when I asked them about it. I since have come to the conclusion that the 8 speed takes away too many things that make the R/t unique. With the TorqueFlite you lose the special TC and the 4.10 gear. And the rotary knob, although cool, doesn't seem very sporty. With the console shifter, I can replace that with something neat, the knob you can not.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
Rep:10
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road

Don't know about the R/T and 26l but I do know about the Laramie/26h two wheel drive not being produced as I ordered 1-17 and cancelled my order 3-22 because I was told will not be produced maybe 6-1 It appears they can't or haven't received the EPA signed off mileage for Hemi/8speed.I was told many reasons why not but if you noticed from this forum many Laramie/26h are being built but they are 4x4.Why hasn't Ram truck been up from with us on reason for not building 4x2's.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
Can't speak directly about truck or option availability. It has fluctuated several times during the last few months based on part availability and monthly allocation. They can only build so many trucks a day/week/month and then after that start falling behind and making people angry (see almost entire forum). I assume all return soon and by the very least for April's allocation as long as parts become available. As far as the REBATES. There are protected rebates and non protected rebates. When a Consumer special orders a vehicle and places a deposit then the rebates that are allowed to everyone (ex. $1,750 this month) are protected. Truck of the Month rebates were not protected because certain trucks like the Laramie were not part of that incentive (hence NOT allowed to everyone). A Future Farmers of America or a regional incentive like the South East Cash are NOT protected because NOT EVERYONE can get them. Only the rebates that are available to all are protected and guaranteed at the time the order is taken or the vehicle is listed as sold. After that when the vehicle finally comes to the dealer the consumer will get whatever rebates were protected Or MORE if the rebates have increased since the time or ordering. Hope this makes sense. Rebates change the first Tuesday of every month and generally the cash value stays the same or increases as the end of the quarter approaches.
What do I do if when my truck comes in the rebates are less than the $1750 + $500 WC cash that were available at the time I placed my order and the dealer refuses to honor the original rebates? My dealer told me at the time my order was placed that I will only get the rebates available at the time my order comes in, whether they are higher or lower. Can a dealer be forced (and if so by whom) to honor the rebates at the time of the sale?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

If it is placed as a "sold" order then Chrysler honors the rebates which were "protected". That is the whole point some are protected for sold orders and some are not. What your dealer is telling you is inconsistent with every conversation I have had with dealers and the Ram Incentive toll free hotline. Call the number 800-227-0757 in the morning. If your order was placed as sold then you get at least the rebates that were protected at the time the "sold" order was placed. Chances are the rebates will be better rather than worse as the months tick by.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

I went to 3 dealers within a 30 mile radius. Only one of the dealerships said they would honor the current rebates AND would add any additional rebates that are offered when the truck I ordered shows up. Needless to say, that is the dealership I went with. Look around and ask questions to get the best deal possible.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
I went to 3 dealers within a 30 mile radius. Only one of the dealerships said they would honor the current rebates AND would add any additional rebates that are offered when the truck I ordered shows up. Needless to say, that is the dealership I went with. Look around and ask questions to get the best deal possible.
I'm sure that Chrysler would like to hear what those other dealerships are up to. Not honoring the rebates when you sign the papers and put an order in is shady business practice.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
What do I do if when my truck comes in the rebates are less than the $1750 + $500 WC cash that were available at the time I placed my order and the dealer refuses to honor the original rebates? My dealer told me at the time my order was placed that I will only get the rebates available at the time my order comes in, whether they are higher or lower. Can a dealer be forced (and if so by whom) to honor the rebates at the time of the sale?
I am interested in what you find out about your rebate situation via a phone call to Ram Incentives. I suspect your dealer is dead wrong and is either lying or misinformed which would be embarrassing for them.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC 5'7" Rambox
Trim Level: Longhorn/8 Speed/Air
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:17
Ford Apostate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
Longhorn rebates increased to $2250 this month so I wouldn't worry about it. So far for this model year, rebates have either held steady or gone up, they have never decreased. It's normal for rebates to continue to increase as the model year gets older.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM

It has been my experience that they never take rebates away.