DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Hemi 8 Speed
Color: Maximum Steel Met.
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
kxlexus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinforram View Post
With all the cars/trucks that are being outfitted with the ZF 8 speed, I don't think Ram trucks will be open for orders anytime soon. I email a list of dealers every few weeks and no updates to report.

I just got a report from my local dealer in Ontario, CA that the 8-speed AND the 4-corner air suspension are on restriction.

Looks like I'm stuck ordering a 2014 minus all those great rebates. Sucks.
Take it from someone who just took delivery of a Laramie with the air ride and 8 speed, you DO want those two options.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Prairie Pearl
Rep:20
joelweb is on a distinguished road

Now that it is April I'm hoping the 8 speed becomes available again.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:11
opramsport is on a distinguished road

I just placed an order for a hemi 8 speed this weekend. What my dealer told me was that 8 speeds were on restriction except for sold orders only because of limited supply. Apparently some dealers were using fake names to get sold 8 speeds for their lots and now they are restricted from ordering them. Not sure if this is true, but that's what my dealer told me. Also, my dealer said i would get the better rebate if it goes up before it comes in.

Last edited by opramsport; 04-01-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Black Clear Coat
Rep:65
cjgerson will become famous soon enough

Dealer told me that there was a supply problem at the ZF factory in Germany. It is on restriction until 4/22 because they are slated to be produced in Indiana now. Just waiting to get that new assembly line up to speed.
RetraxOne Tonneau cover, DeeZee tailgate assist, Line-X premium bed liner, Bed Rug Bed Mat, Freedom Tailgate seal, Cabin Air filter, aFe Magnum FORCE Air Intake System, Muffllex DOD18M, AVS Aeroskin Hood Shield, Craven Stubby Antenna, Tinted Windows, AVS In-Channel Vent-visors, AMP Research Black Bed Xtender HD, Hypertech Interceptor, E&G Classics - Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille insert , Lamin-X 3rd brake and fog lights, E&G Classics Polished Heavy Mesh Bumper Grille Insert
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Long Horn
Color: Black/Gold
Rep:10
PlymGTX is on a distinguished road
Default Me too

Well I guess this answers my questions.. I ordered a Laramie Longhorn crew 4x4 back on Presidents day.. I did not order specifically the 8 speed, but it was added by the factory (I assume) when my dealer placed the order. I did add the 4 corner air suspension.

So here it is, middle of April and yesterday I learned that the Air suspension is the latest problem. I guess I did have a tranny allocated at one time, but now its the suspension.. I told my dealer, drop the Air Suspension option and get me my truck or I am going to cancel..

Very sad.. Truck of the year, I love the interior.. But for crying out loud, what is going on here?? I guess its not to be..
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
jschild is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb426 View Post
I also was looking into the 8 speed R/T, but my dealer couldn't even build one when I asked them about it. I since have come to the conclusion that the 8 speed takes away too many things that make the R/t unique. With the TorqueFlite you lose the special TC and the 4.10 gear. And the rotary knob, although cool, doesn't seem very sporty. With the console shifter, I can replace that with something neat, the knob you can not.
We wanted the R/T because it was the only way to get a two-door, sport performance hood, 2-wheel drive, bucket seats with console, special head and tail lights, etc. I have seen nothing that says the TC will be different with the 8 speed but it is not important to me anyway. We do not want a 4 wheel drive or a four door truck. We still have no update on the order placed February 6. The price is not a factor because I get EP. Yes, the rebates are for when it is delivered.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport Order Cancelled
Color: Mineral Gray
Ram2013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
We wanted the R/T because it was the only way to get a two-door, sport performance hood, 2-wheel drive, bucket seats with console, special head and tail lights, etc. I have seen nothing that says the TC will be different with the 8 speed but it is not important to me anyway. We do not want a 4 wheel drive or a four door truck. We still have no update on the order placed February 6. The price is not a factor because I get EP. Yes, the rebates are for when it is delivered.
No standard cab hemi eight speed trucks are going to be built until after June 1st.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 5' 7" bed
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:20
ejb426 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I have pretty much decided to wait until we hear about the 2014s. MOPAR seems pretty tight lipped about the 2014s. All we know is the 1/2 ton diesel. Here is to hoping at "standard" 6.4/6.2 makes it into a 2014 R/T