DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC 5'7" Rambox
Trim Level: Longhorn/8 Speed/Air
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Ford Apostate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
Where/how can you tell on the window sticker the transmission is from Germany? It doesn't say "buy" next to it but at the bottom it has "DE". Is the "DE" the tip off?
That's correct. DE = Deutschland.
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
beautiful truck. keep in mind this "place holder post" will only be active for 24 hours, then you won't be able to edit it.
Always thought that was WAY too short.

Anyway....

Great looking truck indeed.

Safe driving.

Grub out!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:10
brett13ram is on a distinguished road

beautiful truck!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Apostate View Post
That's correct. DE = Deutschland.
This is something I did not know
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Great looking truck thanks for sharing the pictures
Old 03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Copperhead
RenoRam is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry, but I did not get additional pics up :-( Crazy busy past two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark09sport View Post
Love the color. How much quicker is it off the line with the 8 spd?
Nothing to relate it to other than my Cayenne. There is no hesitation, 1st is a very low gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Congratulations !!! can't wipe that grin off of your face now, heheh

Great pictures too, you have the best shots of the lower center stack, that i have yet seen

How do you like the backup camera & does it display on the radio ?

Is the Shifter Knob a hassle ? or would it be an issue if you had to wear gloves ??

Maybe it is a good thing that your 8 speed is out of Germany, it definitely can't be a bad thing
Back up camera is great, it uses the "guidance lines" that shift side to side as you turn the wheel when in reverse. Makes it easy to back into the garage as I get used to the exterior dimensions. I wish it had front parking sensors, it is hard to tell where the corners are. I'll get used to it soon enough but would have been a nice insurance policy for tight spaces.

Shifter knob is nicely knurled and feels great on the fingers and has a good feel to the detents. Gloves would be no problem, it is just a turn, not a press and turn or anything nutty. Weird to use a knob, but it works great, and I'll get used to that quickly as well. Makes sense to remove a bulky shifter from the console.

The center display in the dash is awesome! You scroll to the different screens from a steering wheel button. The presentation is bright and intuitive. The trailer brake controller settings are really nice! Everything is integrated into the dash display and the center stack display. The whole UConnect setup is first class and light years ahead of the Cayenne.

The OE Alpine sound system is a 9/10 vs the 10/10 Burmester in the Cayenne (which is best I've ever heard, bar none). I can't imagine anyone not being happy with the Alpine. Great clear highs, and a solid bass without being boomy. The surround setting is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd McPherson View Post
Does the tri-fold cover lock?
There is no key lock. It has two clamps on either side in back and two more in the front, that is what holds it on. Once it folds up, there are two snap attachments to hold it folded. I think you can drive with it folded, but personally I'd remove and put in the bed. It's heavy, maybe 30-40 lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
Where/how can you tell on the window sticker the transmission is from Germany? It doesn't say "buy" next to it but at the bottom it has "DE". Is the "DE" the tip off?
$500 extra charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Great looking truck thanks for sharing the pictures
You are welcome (to all of you)!

Other observations:
  • The seat bottom cushion feel like sitting on a park bench. It's hard :-(
  • The leather used on the seats is slippery, ugh.
  • Seat heaters/ventilation are great! If you've never had this, you don't know what you are missing.
  • Can't get the GD Homelink to work. I've programmed a lot of these and mine does nothing (no reset, no program, no flashing light) no matter what I do. Anyone with '13 programmed them? Help!
  • The 8-speed is smooth as silk, Porsche and Audi have used these exact ZF units for years, you have nothing to worry about. Relax, enjoy.
  • Paint look and quality is just incredible. On par with anything from any manufacturer anywhere.
  • The manual shift of the 8-speed is done with two buttons on the steering wheel. That is also the only way to get a display of what gear it is in. Display occurs in the dash display, bottom right corner.
  • Air suspension is awesome! Again, if you have never had such a thing (Cayenne has had this exact same system for almost three years now) you don't know what you are missing or appreciate how cheap you are getting this great technology. Porsche financially rapes their customers mercilessly for 8-speed/Air Suspension/Good sound system.
  • The rear area seat bottoms in my Crewcab fold in various ways and have a plastic fold out flat floor. Someone took the time to think through this.
  • The brakes look tiny to my eyes. The rotors are like the size of a CD disk! Well, maybe not that small but I fear for the first time I pull a trailer :-( Someone needs to develop a big-brake kit I think?
I like everything about the truck other than lack of front parking sensors, seat bottom hardness and the slick as butter leather they used. I'd pay to have the damn seats re-covered if I knew who could do a quality job? Alcantara inserts could possibly fix them too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3270410.jpg (94.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg P3270400.jpg (80.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg P3270387.jpg (84.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg P3270396.jpg (88.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg P3270399.jpg (94.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg P3270402.jpg (69.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg P3270403.jpg (68.1 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by RenoRam; 03-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoRam View Post
  • The rear area seat bottoms in my Crewcab fold in various ways and have a plastic fold out flat floor. Someone took the time to think through this.
That's good to hear that it came with the fold flat floor. I was really wanting that on my truck. Would love to see a pic of it if when you get around to putting up more pics.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's good to hear that it came with the fold flat floor. I was really wanting that on my truck. Would love to see a pic of it if when you get around to putting up more pics.
Same here-wonder if it can be added after receipt of our orders? It may be built into the entire rear seat, however, and costly. It wasn't available when I ordered.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Copperhead
RenoRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sure, I'll shoot some today, I need to play around with them a bit to see how it all works.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseMan View Post
Same here-wonder if it can be added after receipt of our orders? It may be built into the entire rear seat, however, and costly. It wasn't available when I ordered.
I think our trucks will just come with it, nothing special to be ordered. It's listed on his window sticker as a standard feature and not an option.