Originally Posted by GuyGene
Nice truck, Squirrel!! I'm looking forward to test driving the hemi 8 speed. A few questions:
1. How is the going from 8 cylinders to 4 thingamajig working? Can you turn it off? I want all 8 pumping all the time.
2. What about the "3/4 tank of gas bump" that drives people crazy sounds like you are getting rear ended problem with new hemis? Did Ram put baffles in tank?
3. How is your paint job? Some had bad paint up to 2012 models.
One more thing: heheheee, this spinning rear tires not moving phase will stop when you realize that you need to save every penny you can for your future. At my age, my advice is to - STOP DOING THAT MESS AND SAVE YOUR TRUCK AND MONEY! If you live long enough, you'll wish you did, believe me!
1. I do not have many miles on it at all so if it has ever went to 4 cylinders I didn't notice it. I think if you turn on tow mode it will never go to 4 cylinders, but I don't think it goes in to 4 cylinders unless you are on a highway and going down hill or perfectly flat and not accelerating.
2. I am actually still on my first tank of gas and I went from full to 1/2 on mostly highway. But when I did stop I did not notice anything. Although I drive very smoothly, I never brake hard. So that could be part of it.
3. I have not got a chance to do a thorough wash and clay bar and all that but I did wash it once and did not find any problems at all! Plus it looks great! No complaints at all.
And yeah I understand! I did not even try to spin them at a stop really, and as soon as I heard them start to spin I let off the brake and went! I am very against burnouts, I plan to never smoke the tires in this truck. I am actually planning on saving up some money and buying a Corvette or something like that for all the "fun stuff" :P.