DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Total Load Control!
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: TRX
Color: Black
Rep:10
risnalex is on a distinguished road
Default LED pods as fogs

I have purchased 4 led cube pods to use as fogs. Unfortunately, they didn't come with any plug and play connectors or anything. It's the just the cube with the spliced wire at the end. I have two floods and two spots. How can I run these to factory fog lighting so I can still turn them off and on with my original fog light button?
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:141
Firemedic10584 will become famous soon enoughFiremedic10584 will become famous soon enough

Use the search function. I literally made a thread with pictures and information that will walk you through doing this step by step and everything you need.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:18 AM

I looked at your thread before posting this. Your pods came with connectors on the end. Mine have nothing but a wire coming out the end. i don't know how to wire that to a plug or a connector or anything. For a girl, I've done a lot to the truck but stumbling here. I have run light bars but to just a switch that i made. never connected anything to a factory switch.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Rep:141
Firemedic10584 will become famous soon enoughFiremedic10584 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by risnalex View Post
I looked at your thread before posting this. Your pods came with connectors on the end. Mine have nothing but a wire coming out the end. i don't know how to wire that to a plug or a connector or anything. For a girl, I've done a lot to the truck but stumbling here. I have run light bars but to just a switch that i made. never connected anything to a factory switch.
Look again - my pods did not come with a plug on the end. They did in a sense, but on the end of the plug are just the Red and black wire. Everything is explained in that thread. Look through it again..
Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2012 sport cc
Trim Level: sport
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
HemiSter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have purchased 4 led cube pods to use as fogs. Unfortunately, they didn't come with any plug and play connectors or anything. It's the just the cube with the spliced wire at the end. I have two floods and two spots. How can I run these to factory fog lighting so I can still turn them off and on with my original fog light button?
I also had bought a pair of those cube looking led that I returned
1) instruction were useless
2) came also with spliced ends and so what ever you do they won't be like a factory connection or can be damaged by water
3) I didn't like the color lol I was looking for a 5k

Anyways I bought a pair of putco luminix they were a little on the pricy side around 300 After shipping and tax but well worth it they look very neat come with an aluminum housing , simple plug and play , works with the regular fog light button , and their warranty is great
I will warn you the fog lights are for trucks with the chrome metal bumper I have a sport so mine came with a plastic bumper cover and I have to shave off a Conner on each light to get them to fit I'll post a pic
Old 04-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 sport cc
Trim Level: sport
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
HemiSter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i have purchased 4 led cube pods to use as fogs. Unfortunately, they didn't come with any plug and play connectors or anything. It's the just the cube with the spliced wire at the end. I have two floods and two spots. How can i run these to factory fog lighting so i can still turn them off and on with my original fog light button?
image.jpg
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedic10584 View Post
Look again - my pods did not come with a plug on the end. They did in a sense, but on the end of the plug are just the Red and black wire. Everything is explained in that thread. Look through it again..
I just read through all 15 pages. Call me stupid but I just don't understand completely I guess. What exactly do I hook the spliced wires up to, the 9006? Why use the 9005 & 9006 plugs? This could have nothing to do with it but my current fog plug is 9145?
Old 04-13-2016, 02:53 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express Regular Cab
Rep:24
Dodgey24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just read through all 15 pages. Call me stupid but I just don't understand completely I guess. What exactly do I hook the spliced wires up to, the 9006? Why use the 9005 & 9006 plugs? This could have nothing to do with it but my current fog plug is 9145?
Yes....so you want to run 2 pods on each side...that gives you 2 positive and 2 negative wires per side. You need to get (well to make it easy) 9006 connectors that go 2 to 1, so the 1 connects to your factory plug . This is what firemedic and myself purchased on EBay like in his thread. 9145 and 9006 are essentially the same plug/connector for this case. So the main point is to connect your open positive and negative wires to your factory 9006 or 9145. You achieve this by using the 2-1 like I stated earlier.

The 4 green cables are my connectors that connect to the pods (right side). The left ends are the 9006 connectors that are going to plug into my 2-1 connectors (far left). Everything is plug and play at this point. I just had to connect the 4 green cables together at first. The right connector came with the lights from Sidetracked Off-road and the left 9006 connectors I got off eBay and wired positive to positive and negative to negative.

Hope this helps.
6" Zone Lift w/ Zone UCA's, Bilsteins @2.8, 37x13.5X18 Toyo M/T's, Fuel Trophy (Anthracite) 18x10 -12mm offset, Trinity, S&B, Kenwood DNX691HD, 12" Kicker Sub, Amped Alpine SPR-69 speakers, BT Catch Can, Smoked LED Tails, Mufflex delete with 5" tips, ARE cap, Homemade Projector Retrofit Headlights.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgey24 View Post
Yes....so you want to run 2 pods on each side...that gives you 2 positive and 2 negative wires per side. You need to get (well to make it easy) 9006 connectors that go 2 to 1, so the 1 connects to your factory plug . This is what firemedic and myself purchased on EBay like in his thread. 9145 and 9006 are essentially the same plug/connector for this case. So the main point is to connect your open positive and negative wires to your factory 9006 or 9145. You achieve this by using the 2-1 like I stated earlier.

The 4 green cables are my connectors that connect to the pods (right side). The left ends are the 9006 connectors that are going to plug into my 2-1 connectors (far left). Everything is plug and play at this point. I just had to connect the 4 green cables together at first. The right connector came with the lights from Sidetracked Off-road and the left 9006 connectors I got off eBay and wired positive to positive and negative to negative.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I think I can take it from here (:
Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Ryank has a spectacular aura aboutRyank has a spectacular aura about

Doing this is really easy! I used to have the dual pods on my truck, although i had cheap pods and soon learned they are not much better then stock fog lights. If I would do this mod again I would def go with quality leds