DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Hell Bent Steel - Dodge Ram Leveling Kits and Steering!

Notices

Hell Bent Steel - Dodge Ram Leveling Kits and Steering! Hell Bent Steel makes the best designed, stoutest, and smartest leveling kits, steering, and sway bar components for Dodges on the market.  Because we only sell direct to our customers, we also have stellar pricing and pride ourselves on the best customer service.  Check out www.hellbentsteel.com or call 877.731.7911 with any questions at all.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Slingin stuff for Dodges

Vehicle: 1998 Cummins Dually, Cranked
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Matte Black
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:46
HellBentSteel.com is on a distinguished road
Default Tech & Problem Questions - Ask Them Here

Hi guys,

Hell Bent Steel is excited to be here! If you have questions about our products or anything on the www.HellBentSteel.com web site please let us know.

You can post tech questions here or call us at 877-731-7911. It is typically easier if we can help you on the phone. If we are on the other line or closed after hours, please leave a message and we'll call you back ASAP.

Thanks

Last edited by HellBentSteel.com; 05-03-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4wd
Color: Fire Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Klingfuss is on a distinguished road
Arrow 2" leveling kit issue... or not... Help?

Hi, New to this forum. . . I have an issue that may or may not be related to this Hell bent Steel leveling kit (I hope not). I have a 2013 Ram Crew Laramie 4wd 5.7 8-speed, it only has 600 miles on it as of today.
I put in a 2" leveling kit (Spacers not springs) 34.4" tires at the same time last week, now this thing has a very anoying vibration in it over 48mph, I feel it in the footfeet, the floor and a little in the seat. I had it aligned and paid another $80 for the roadforce balance on the new tires. Picked it up tonight and I have the same issue.
Could the 2" have stressed my CV joints so bad that it vibrates even in in 2wd? or could the added 1.4" of tire threw my ECM so far off it's messing my transmission up and making it shutter or something?. . . I'm just grasping here as I know if I take it to the dealer they will blame it on the leveling kit and/or the tires. . . sold my original set so I can't go back.
Thanks for any help someone can offer. . .
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
donnybrian is on a distinguished road

i just added a 2inch lift to my 06, after i had it installed it shuttered a little. i found a loose bolt. just an idea, check your control arm and sway bar...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver 4 x 4
Rep:79
05cr125r will become famous soon enough

i dont know...maybe this is why the Bilsteins are the most popular
Mods; Line X, Bilsteins set at 2.1, Magnaflow 18", Debadged, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Blue LED Interior, LED license plate, Blue LED reverse, Fronts tinted 20 %, Stubby Antenna,AVS WindowVisors,Green Perormance Air Filter, Black Honeycomb Grille Insert
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
www.HellBentSteel.com

Vehicle: '69 Land Cruiser w/ a Cummins
Color: Blue
Engine: 1989-1993 360ci (5.9L) Cummins diesel I6 160hp 400lb/ft
Rep:26
dieselcruiserhead is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dieselcruiserhead

Hi there Klingfuss,

I saw your other post and sorry to hear about your troubles. Shoot us a ring when you have a sec? 877 731 7911

If it helps, definitely tough to diagnose with new tires and the leveling kit installed at the same time. Also keep in mind that both alignment machines and tire machines can be out of spec and that it's also much harder to balance a 34-35" tire mostly because they just weigh so much / there is so much rubber (50-70 lbs). In the past I personally have had a shop have their machine off off and had to go back 2 or 3 times before they nailed it, and in come cases requires pressing the tire back into the center of the rim (without removing it), and these is also a human component.

It wouldn't be the CV joint angles because these are in spec with the leveling kit, and its also doubt its the trans shudder issue.

What you're describing continues to sound like a balancing issue to me. Maybe try it without the roadforce balance (though these are well regarded, but heavy by sportscar enthusiasts in my opinion) and if it solves it without the road force machine then I would get a refund for that extra $80...

good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Andre

Heavy Duty and Brilliantly Designed Leveling Kits, Steering Stabilizer Bars, Adjustable Control Arms, & Anti-Sway Bar Components
Lifetime warranty, satisfaction guaranteed, made in the USA, & free shipping on most items
Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road

I'm having an issue here. 2013 Ram with about 2,500miles on it. I instalelled the 2.5" HBS Level kit with no issues along the way. I've had it on for a few weeks but i've notice a metal on metal type sound when going over bumps or a rough area of road, it happens at low speeds as well as higher speeds. I checked the 15mm bolts on the strut mount - good, 18mm sway's are good, control arm 21mm is snug. I'm puzzeled, I don't know where this is coming from. any ideas? It is a piss off to have this new of a truck sounds like a beater.
Flowmaster AT Catback - Diablo Trinity T1000 (soon to be tuned by Hemi Fever) - RCX 6" (in transport) - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Clazzio Leather Covers/Heated Seats - Reacon Tinted Headlights - Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper -35% Tint
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
www.HellBentSteel.com

Vehicle: '69 Land Cruiser w/ a Cummins
Color: Blue
Engine: 1989-1993 360ci (5.9L) Cummins diesel I6 160hp 400lb/ft
Rep:26
dieselcruiserhead is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dieselcruiserhead

We should definitely be able to get this resolved - would you mind shooting us a ring as soon as you have a moment? 877-731-7911 thanks

Heavy Duty and Brilliantly Designed Leveling Kits, Steering Stabilizer Bars, Adjustable Control Arms, & Anti-Sway Bar Components
Lifetime warranty, satisfaction guaranteed, made in the USA, & free shipping on most items
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Beige
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
rockmanm35 is on a distinguished road

Looking for a leveling kit for a 03 ram 1500. Did not see that year listed on our site. Is one in the works or is a substitute listed?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
We should definitely be able to get this resolved - would you mind shooting us a ring as soon as you have a moment? 877-731-7911 thanks
Big thanks to you guys. Had alignment done shortly after we chatted. I haven't driven much but as far as I can tell the noise is gone, I hope I don't hear it again on my morning commute. Only down side is I lost about half an inch of lift on the front, but it still looks good!

Thanks again!
Flowmaster AT Catback - Diablo Trinity T1000 (soon to be tuned by Hemi Fever) - RCX 6" (in transport) - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Clazzio Leather Covers/Heated Seats - Reacon Tinted Headlights - Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper -35% Tint
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPG-RAM View Post
Big thanks to you guys. Had alignment done shortly after we chatted. I haven't driven much but as far as I can tell the noise is gone, I hope I don't hear it again on my morning commute. Only down side is I lost about half an inch of lift on the front, but it still looks good!

Thanks again!
Unfortunately i still have the same metal on metal sound. You cannot hear it with the windows up and music on low volume, when you turn the music off and roll the windows down you can hear it over bumps.