DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
streetHEMI is on a distinguished road
Default got an muffler question on my 2011 ram hemi.

well i am a proud owner of a 2011 dodge ram as of yesterday.(see my sig for full details.) it has a single exit system no big deal. but i am wondering from engine back how is the exhaust system location of everything. google didnt help me much.

i noticed what seems like the muffler near the tail pipe? true or false

i like how quiet the truck is under cruising until i hit the go pedal . so i want to keep it the same or close to it and since i am leaving the resonator in place it shouldnt be that bad.. my cuz did the same with a Nissan frontier v6 and it sounds good (he says its a off branded magnaflow.)

i have a flowmaster super 44 off road edition (super 44 with diamond plate shell). it came off my 89 ram with the 318. not sure what size wanna say 2.75" but if i remember right its a center inlet with offset? its slightly rusted with some crap inside of it. been in the bed of my 89 for several years. so i could prob try to get some of that stuff out.

reason why i ask that flowmaster will work if i dont like it i am not out anything cost wise. just time to put it on.

just asking what yall think about it and thank yall for the help.

also my dads girl friend has a 07 ram hemi crew cab short bed. with a aftermarket muffler and it sounds pretty good and it exits before the rear axle it doesnt seem to drone that bad. and i am not sure what it has on it.
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2015, 04:14 PM

anybody have any advice.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
tdawg is on a distinguished road

just go to local TRUSTED muffler shop and just swap stock muffler for a magnaflow muffler they are sick.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
db1 is on a distinguished road

for the cost of just the muffler i would go buy another one. not saying the one wouldn't work. you may just have to crawl under your truck and have a look.

Volant cai , bt catch can,180 stat, Moes 85mm, Sonnex line booster, Superchip programmer Tranny upgrade , Bilstein shocks 25% stiffer springs, Air bags, 22" srt10 replicas matt black, magnaflow tru x muffler.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM

ya right now 200+ isnt something i can spend right now have to get the oil changed (it doesnt really need it. but it gives me a good view of the frame since its on a lift). and say if i dont like it then i can put stock back on.
but what location is the muffler for a truck that has a single exit. thats all i need to know then i can figure out exhaust size my 14 cruze had in order cat-resonator-muffler is my ram the same?

plus then i got labor involved, if i take it to a shop. my buddy has the power tools and we can have it swapped out in an hr or less. (may just leave it clamped due to the fact i could remove it.

tell my if this is crazy but lets say i had enough space and money to do this. under my truck i could run kinda like a bypass system have it by pass the resonator and stock muffler with my street muffler with a turn down tip under the bed if possible. the switch will be the Tcs off button. (if possible) JUST A WILD HAIR MOMENT I HAD SO MAY NOT HAPPEN.

Last edited by streetHEMI; 02-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM

i am guessing the muffler is located at the rear of the truck?

edit found this on the site..
The down pipes from the manifolds to cats and from cats to y pipe are 2.5". From the y pipe to muffler is 3". From muffler to resonator and resonator to tip (single exit exhaust) is 3"

not sure how the exhaust looks or the length (prob find out next week sometime.) but my flowmaster well minus the off road package.. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11098 just not sure which one i have. here is the one that is for the hemi engines. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11164

so if i understand this
engine
cats
muffler
and resonator

Last edited by streetHEMI; 02-10-2015 at 10:43 PM.