DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: What is better?
Supercharger 48 52.75%
Procharger 16 17.58%
Twin Turbo 27 29.67%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
JCummings is on a distinguished road

Chvyklr, did u rebuild the lower half to handle the 9.5 psi or is it stock?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

All stock. Spraying meth as a backup. Coming up on a year now. MGH has been running his twins at the same level for a couple years.

I have build thread in the 5.7 section if you search for it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Twin turbo hands down look at the fastest cars in the world right now all turbo cars.... I would love to see somebody boost my truck for me lol but im Years away from that... Would be nice to see what kind of numbers this motor would put down but it needs a trans first that got pushed back also...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 06-18-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:15
1BAD2012RT is on a distinguished road

What about STS.
I was told they have a nice kit for the 4G now.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:554
BlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
All stock. Spraying meth as a backup. Coming up on a year now. MGH has been running his twins at the same level for a couple years.

I have build thread in the 5.7 section if you search for it.
I'm currently shopping water/meth kits too, helps cool the charge and safer for the motor under higher boost correct? For about $500?

Once I get an MGH built trans I plan to exceed Ripp's tuned stock shift points (designed to protect a stock trans)
For sure their 7lbs of boost currently capped at 5600 rpm is going to climb considerably at 6200- 6400 RPM.

an extra 600-800 rpm at the motor is squared exponentially with a centrifugal supercharger
so I'll bet she can gain an extra 3 pounds of boost just by raising the shift points.

This Company came Highly recommended by MGH: http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/
They will custom design a kit to meet your setup and their prices seem quite reasonable...

Trunk mount 3 Gal kit is $469 ,

Fender Mount 3 quart is $399

Lower Air Temps By 50-250+ Degrees & Increase Power 10-15% With ONLY Windshield Wiper Fluid!
That's right! Using nothing more then windshield wiper fluid you can quickly achieve the benefits of a water
methanol injection system. Best of all, it's very easy to locate just about anywhere in the states and cost only $2.00-$3.00 per gallon. But not just any windshield wiper fluid will do. You'll need to buy the windshield wiper fluid that is rated for negative 20 degrees or greater below zero. It is only this windshield wiper fluid, which contains a 50% content or greater of methanol. Using strictly windshield wiper fluid you can expect to see a 50-250+ degree drop in air intake charge temperatures on supercharged and turbocharged engines with horsepower gains ranging from 10-15% are common. (temperature drops and horsepower gains vary depending on engine build, type supercharger or turbocharger used, amount of boost and intercooled or non-intercooled)
110+ Plus Octane With ONLY Wind Shield Wiper Fluid!

Thats right! Using nothing more then windshield wiper fluid as listed above you can effectively increase your 91-93 octane pump gas by 10-20+ points dramatically increasing your fuels octane rating well over 100+ octane. No need for expensive racing fuels which can cost as much as $16.00 per gallon at some race tracks. Windshield wiper fluid cost's only $2.00-$3.00 per gallon. Even better our 3 gallon trunk mount container will last up to 4-6 weeks before needing to be refilled on a typical 500-600 horsepower supercharged or turbocharged motor costing you only pennies more per gallon to have 100+ octane.
Water Alcohol/Methanol Injection = Cheap Insurance For Your Motor

You wouldn't drive your car with out car insurance. Now there's insurance for your motor. Protect your motor and the investment you have in your motor with proven lower air intake charge temperatures by 50-250+ degrees and increased octane by 10-20+ points. Together this will reduce and help eliminate engine damaging detonation. It's cheap insurance for your motor.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 06-20-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Subscribed to this thread

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Old 06-22-2013, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:554
BlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to allBlackRamHemi is a name known to all

I've got Randy at http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/
working on a custom kit for me on MGH's recommendations
I'll likely be around $299 or less all said and done.

thanks Again Mike

No extra tuning required for extra detonation insurance,
and I can safely add timing on my Trinity when my 94 Octane fuel gets bumped to 116 with a shot of -20ºF Windshield Washer fluid.

Who needs to spend big bucks on nitrous,
when washer fluid goes for $2-$3 a gallon?

Benefits Of Water Methanol Injection:
  • Lower air charge temperatures by 50-250+ degrees
  • Reduces cylinder temperatures up to 300+ degrees
  • Increase your 87-93 pump gas by 8-20+ points
  • Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%
  • Allows you to safely run more boost and timing
  • Cools and protects the tops of your pistons and upper ring
  • Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
  • Removes carbon build up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
  • Reduces & helps eliminate engine damaging detonation & pre-ignition
  • No need for expensive racing fuel or additives

Going to be well over 500HP/TQ at the wheels in AWD on 4 28" Drag Radials with close to 10psi boost before the end of the season.

The new MGH Trans is currently in tear down mode on the bench at L&M Customs
to be rebuilt with a dozen+ extra upgraded frictions, Valve body and pump mods to increase pressure.
New ATS 3000 stall Triple disc Torque Converter has been ordered as well by MGH at his cost.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Excited to see the outcome as I may just do the same and follow you on this

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Old 06-22-2013, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Yup, I'm running the same meth kit. Mine shifts 300-400 higher than programed. We set it at 5800 for 6200 or so rpm shifts. Sorry for the late response...I'm out to sea right now.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road

Just an FYI, from the reading I've done, these engines will start to fail around 450hp. The weak link at about 450hp are the pistons and connecting rods. Transmission can't handle much more either unfortunately. I wanted to go with the Roots style blower, just not in my budget to buy a complete short block and transmission that can take the power.
Good luck!