DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mg
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
M.c.laren is on a distinguished road
Default Trail grapplers on fuel octane

I've been reading and searching for about a week and a half but can't find a definite answer. I found a deal on some 295/60r20 nitto trail grapplers on some fuel octane rims. My truck is a 2012 1500 sport crew cab. So far I've heard some people say the tires will fit no problem on the factory chrome clad rims (20x9) and others say they will rub and you need spacers. The other thing is that the fuel octane rims are used and the guy doesn't know the offset or anything but says they were on a 2007 ram 1500. Lastly, the rim/tire setup is 2 hours away and I'd only like to make the trip if I have a good idea that they will fit. Any help would be soooo much appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.c.laren View Post
I've been reading and searching for about a week and a half but can't find a definite answer. I found a deal on some 295/60r20 nitto trail grapplers on some fuel octane rims. My truck is a 2012 1500 sport crew cab. So far I've heard some people say the tires will fit no problem on the factory chrome clad rims (20x9) and others say they will rub and you need spacers. The other thing is that the fuel octane rims are used and the guy doesn't know the offset or anything but says they were on a 2007 ram 1500. Lastly, the rim/tire setup is 2 hours away and I'd only like to make the trip if I have a good idea that they will fit. Any help would be soooo much appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake
If you look on the backside of the rim the offset should be stamped on it here is an example hope this helps

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Color: Mg
Rep:10
M.c.laren is on a distinguished road

Thanks, what specs would the rim need to have to fit without the tires rubbing?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:68
Cat Daddy will become famous soon enough

I am pretty sure the stock off set is -19.... I put a set of 295 on my stock rim and they would rub when truck was on the lift ....they hit the tie rod or some shit...1/4" spacer will fix it ...so if don't want to run a spacer then you need -13 or so...great looking tire I dropped down to the 275-65-20 ..really thinking going 18" can go 315 and the are like an 11.50 so a little under the fender with out flares
20X9 Black XD Hoss with painted caps 275x65x20 NittosTerras,Bilsteins 5100's @ 2.1, .75" in rear,laminx tinted head lights,tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light, S&B,Fastman 84 TB,18' Magnaflow,T1000-hemifever,cabin filter,RECON led cab lights,custom dynamic 60" light bar,tow hooks,debadged ,6" shorty ,painted grill and front and rear emblem , AMP power step ,F1 Bacflip bed cover ,Mopar bed rug kit
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

OP your factory wheel are a +19mm, if you do not want to run a spacer you are going to want to go with a +12mm, maybe even a little bit less say a +10mm.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

My wheels are +12 you want at least that or less with a 295 to be sure of no rub. I run a 285/60 and have plenty of room for a wider tire. Although my 305/55' s rubbed the sway bar at lock.

Ready Lift 2" level, Westin Polished Light Bar, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in,Bak Flip G2, Bak Box, Dick Cepek Torque 20x9's, 285/60R20 DuraTracs, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the lows.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:68
Cat Daddy will become famous soon enough

thanks for getting the correct offset out there ....
20X9 Black XD Hoss with painted caps 275x65x20 NittosTerras,Bilsteins 5100's @ 2.1, .75" in rear,laminx tinted head lights,tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light, S&B,Fastman 84 TB,18' Magnaflow,T1000-hemifever,cabin filter,RECON led cab lights,custom dynamic 60" light bar,tow hooks,debadged ,6" shorty ,painted grill and front and rear emblem , AMP power step ,F1 Bacflip bed cover ,Mopar bed rug kit