DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default Safety recall?

Just got a recall letter in the mail for my '11 outdoorsman.

"Rear axle pinion nut on your truck may have been built without an adhesive patch on the pinion nut threads. The lack of this adhesive patch could allow the rear axle pinion nut to loosen and/or the rear driveshaft to deprecate from the rear axle...... Could cause loss of motive power which could cause a crash without warning."

Then it says they do not have the parts to fix this issue yet!! Wtf. Anyone else get this?
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

Yea, I got the notice in the mail today for my 2011 Big Horn.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this has been out for almost 6 months, and the pinion nut keeper has been on backorder for almost the same length of time.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

It's interesting that they send me a notice saying I could crash because of something they forgot to put on my truck after I drove it for 2 years and in the same letter they tell me they can't fix it yet. I don't expect anything will happen but I'd rather not know about it until it could be fixed I think. I have a '13 Sport on order so hopefully the dealer will have to worry about this instead of me.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Dvp16 is on a distinguished road
Default recall notice

I actually got mine in the mail 3 week ago. Being the ass I am I called the dealer and asked if they had any idea when the parts would be in and they...being the usual informed dealership they are said they had no idea. So I called Chrysler and the customer service rep immediately notified me there was a recall when I gave her the VIN number. When I asked about getting that fixed she basically said they would send me another letter. I Finished by saying something not nice but then again I am known to be an ass. Seriously why would a company not prioritize fixing something like this???
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

They are not telling you the WHOLE story

If it had been up to Chrysler, you would not have received any notice
The NHTSA ( National Highway Traffic Safety Association ) & SAFERCAR, get complaints from people & i am pretty sure they have access to insurance records, when complaints come in, they investigate them. They can tell Vehicle manufacturers what to do, when, where & who, etc.
I believe in this case, the Recall is Open ended
I also received the Notice of Recall & my 2009 Ram was built in October 2008

you can check the site & search for RECALLS
http://www.nhtsa.gov/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
It's interesting that they send me a notice saying I could crash because of something they forgot to put on my truck after I drove it for 2 years and in the same letter they tell me they can't fix it yet. I don't expect anything will happen but I'd rather not know about it until it could be fixed I think. I have a '13 Sport on order so hopefully the dealer will have to worry about this instead of me.
I feel exactly the same way, I mean WTF..... I just got mine in the mail today, says the same thing. There is a defect but we can't fix it right now. So now what are we suppose to do, drive until it fails. This is such BS.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Express 3.6/8 speed auto
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

To my knowledge nobody has died ...yet. That's what is sad, Ram is just sticking their head in sand and hoping nothing very bad happens. I checked mine even though I'm not on recall list. My pinion threads and nut is different than other guys who have posted pictures. You would think Ram would at least put RED locktite and stake the pinion threads on every recalled truck until the back ordered parts could be put on, OR, let the customer have it done. Each truck out there that is on the recall list is a ticking time bomb.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Sport Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Rep:31
Dortmunder is on a distinguished road

I got mine yesterday.

I'm not overly worried about it. I'm probably more likely to be hit by another driver than the truck falling apart.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road

Got mine last week. Dodge went with the new ZF rear differential in 2011, a German Company/Engineering built in the USA I believe and this is the second recall on this unit!! What a POS.
Chrysler could have this fix now is they wanted.