DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
RamOnTheHill is on a distinguished road

I'll be picking up my 1500 with 6'4" bed this week. On my prior truck (2001 Silverado), I had an Extang Tuff Tonno, and was quite happy with it; never any problems with large snowfalls (16-24"), ice, etc. I did replace the tarp after about 10 years, and needed a few replacement parts at various times, most of with Extang sent without charge.
With this good experience, I was looking at the Extang Trifecta for the Ram, but only saw one mention in this thread, and curious if anyone else has any feedback on it.
Thanks,
*Tom
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamOnTheHill View Post
I'll be picking up my 1500 with 6'4" bed this week. On my prior truck (2001 Silverado), I had an Extang Tuff Tonno, and was quite happy with it; never any problems with large snowfalls (16-24"), ice, etc. I did replace the tarp after about 10 years, and needed a few replacement parts at various times, most of with Extang sent without charge.
With this good experience, I was looking at the Extang Trifecta for the Ram, but only saw one mention in this thread, and curious if anyone else has any feedback on it.
Thanks,
*Tom
Tom, the Extang Trifecta is a top 5 selling brand and cover for us.
They are a quality product.
My guess for the lack of mention is members are looking at the streamline look the Bak gives you.
But there are no issues with Extang and do not feel discouraged to look at them due to not many mentions.
They are a tad less costly too
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:18
RamOnTheHill is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I picked up a Trifecta Signature today; it looks pretty good, but haven't actually used it yet. I'll post back here after breaking it in. My local shop had it for $1 more than Amazon, and available the next day.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Clarkgriswald is on a distinguished road

I went with a bakflip f1 from Andrew at bullys. Andrew provided excellent customer service throughout the whole process. I emailed him probably 25 times. Got a great price on top of it. Thanks again Andrew.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

I decided to go basic and cheap with a Bestop tri fold soft cover from Amazon for $280. Since I play the credit card cashback game, I buy Amazon gift cards at Kroger for 6% cash back and then gas points, so I basically get about 15% back by buying there. I don't really expect to be carrying anything expensive or fragile in the back. Most expensive thing would be my golf clubs, and there is plenty of room in the crew cab to keep those safely locked up. Amazingly easy install. Could probably be an inch or so longer, but looks like it will seal OK.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tev9999 View Post
I decided to go basic and cheap with a Bestop tri fold soft cover from Amazon for $280. Since I play the credit card cashback game, I buy Amazon gift cards at Kroger for 6% cash back and then gas points, so I basically get about 15% back by buying there. I don't really expect to be carrying anything expensive or fragile in the back. Most expensive thing would be my golf clubs, and there is plenty of room in the crew cab to keep those safely locked up. Amazingly easy install. Could probably be an inch or so longer, but looks like it will seal OK.
Good going.

You will have to post a pic with your cover on when you get a chance.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Good going.

You will have to post a pic with your cover on when you get a chance.
You ever get yours all lined up properly?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 PM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
You ever get yours all lined up properly?
There are still a few things that I'm not happy with, but that to me is a Bak issue and not actually fitting these onto a 2013 Ram c/w Rambox an 6'4 bed.

I have sent several emails to them, but no reply......well that is until I got an actual email address from someone confirming my serial number and warranty start date.

So I emailed that person and he actually called me back within minutes. I asked him a few questions and even asked for a few replacement parts and he told me that he would have to speak to his manager and get back to me.

Cue the tumbleweeds blowing across a big vast empty space, and that is where I currently sit.

I will show you what I'm talking about on Saturday.

As I've said before, the cover looks great........customer service from Bak???
Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
There are still a few things that I'm not happy with, but that to me is a Bak issue and not actually fitting these onto a 2013 Ram c/w Rambox an 6'4 bed.

I have sent several emails to them, but no reply......well that is until I got an actual email address from someone confirming my serial number and warranty start date.

So I emailed that person and he actually called me back within minutes. I asked him a few questions and even asked for a few replacement parts and he told me that he would have to speak to his manager and get back to me.

Cue the tumbleweeds blowing across a big vast empty space, and that is where I currently sit.

I will show you what I'm talking about on Saturday.

As I've said before, the cover looks great........customer service from Bak???
OK! Let's see it Saturday.
Will have BP stickers as well
Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
OK! Let's see it Saturday.
Will have BP stickers as well
By the way folks, let me make it clear that my issues are with Bak and not Bully's!

Bully's have been great in trying to help me sort this issue out.