DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Don't forget he wants 1.5" -2" of rake so he's going to have to add 1.5" rear coil spacers to that list as well.
Not with a BDS/ZONE 6"
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
Because everyone knows RCX is junk......

My question is why 4" when 6" is only a bill or two more....
Compared to Zone, RCX is king. And you my dear friend are the only person I know having constant issues with your kit... But we both know you also bash your kit. Only kit i'd recommend over RCX is a real BDS (not Zone).

By the way, talked to my buddy who is one of the number one selling vendors for Fabtech, Pro Comp, and BDS said that right now RCX sales are untouchable and the quality has been out of this world. This is coming from one of their vendors (he is not a vendor for RCX). I still have the message saved, not making it up.

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

WTF, I've never had an issue with my RCX. Where do you get your information....

Pretty sure I'm the main pusher of RCX there buddy

Scratch that, I did have issues but I also had one of the first kits off the line. Rear control arm issues, went through half a dozen rear springs and don't even get me started on the shocks haha. But Other than that fantastic.

Last edited by candy08; 04-08-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
WTF, I've never had an issue with my RCX. Where do you get your information....

Pretty sure I'm the main pusher of RCX there buddy

Scratch that, I did have issues but I also had one of the first kits off the line. Rear control arm issues, went through half a dozen rear springs and don't even get me started on the shocks haha. But Other than that fantastic.

Well I do agree BDS has a better source for shocks... RCX shocks are about the only thing I am not crazy about in my kit.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram725 View Post
Well I do agree BDS has a better source for shocks... RCX shocks are about the only thing I am not crazy about in my kit.
Yea their shocks are shit plain and simple but that's an easy fix. Their coils are always pretty bad, again an easy fix. Everything else tho, well besides that gawdy front crossmember haha
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Dirtyp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudrock View Post
Here's my parts list with a couple questions. All subject to change pending last minute indecision.

4" Zone lift w/ 3" rear coil springs.

Bilstein 5100s all around. Set the front at 2.1 or 2.8?

Planning to run 35x12.50 Mickey ATZs.
Why not just do the 6" kit? And then you could add the bilsteins later if you wanted more lift...If your wanting to do a 4 inch kit and still run bilsteins at 2.1 or 2.8 your pretty much just building a more expensive 6" kit.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

[QUOTE=Ram725;1063245]Compared to Zone, RCX is king. And you my dear friend are the only person I know having constant issues with your kit... But we both know you also bash your kit. Only kit i'd recommend over RCX is a real BDS (not Zone).
[QUOTE]

Ram725, not to get into pissing match at all, to each thier own. I know you are a huge fan of the RCX kit but I just dont understand why? I honestly went into looking for a lift kit with an open mind but in the end the RXC kit finished last. First hand, the Zone parts and BDS are near identical. The Pro Comp kit was only $150 bucks more than I would have paid for the basic RCX kit, And thats with the Pro Runner shocks(comparable to bilsteins) and included the kicker bar kit. I did not like that the knuckles came raw with the RCX the factory hard brake lines mounts needed to be cut and then lines needed to be bent and pulled to fit. All parts with the pro comp kit were powder coated and also included new braided stainless front brake lines. I never heard or read any real major complaints except about the RCX kit which were honestly spring and shock related. BDS was just priced to high for me, and it came down to Zone or Pro Comp. I went with Pro Comp bc I like that it maintained the factory coils and even tho they didnt do mine, my dealership installs and will only honor warranty with the Mopar(skyjacker) or pro comp kits. Im just wondering what you saw that I didnt other than just price for it to be the only kit you would recomend?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyp View Post

Ram725, not to get into pissing match at all, to each thier own. I know you are a huge fan of the RCX kit but I just dont understand why? I honestly went into looking for a lift kit with an open mind but in the end the RXC kit finished last. First hand, the Zone parts and BDS are near identical. The Pro Comp kit was only $150 bucks more than I would have paid for the basic RCX kit, And thats with the Pro Runner shocks(comparable to bilsteins) and included the kicker bar kit. I did not like that the knuckles came raw with the RCX the factory hard brake lines mounts needed to be cut and then lines needed to be bent and pulled to fit. All parts with the pro comp kit were powder coated and also included new braided stainless front brake lines. I never heard or read any real major complaints except about the RCX kit which were honestly spring and shock related. BDS was just priced to high for me, and it came down to Zone or Pro Comp. I went with Pro Comp bc I like that it maintained the factory coils and even tho they didnt do mine, my dealership installs and will only honor warranty with the Mopar(skyjacker) or pro comp kits. Im just wondering what you saw that I didnt other than just price for it to be the only kit you would recomend?
Pro Comp...Less lift height, less ground clearance, less knuckle clearance, no skid place, 3.5"-5.25" of rear spacers (omg), same shitty shocks, the rear control arm drop bracket I didn't care for....should I continue
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well I can type out many reasons on why I didn't go procomp, but I have to be careful being a vendor for all of them. I'll let Blake make my point as I agree with him on most issues.

Just some minor points to remember, your dealer only warranties them for 1 reason and 1 reason only. $$$$$. I am a manager at a CDJR dealer. 4 wheel parts (aka pro comp's brother) has a massive dealer side to the business. 4 wheel parts probably warranties the product and installed it. Not the dealer. That's what 99% of dealers do with pro comp kits. The mopar/skyjacker kit is installed by dealers. We use pro comp at our dealership for this reason. It's cheaper for us and they cover warranty. For us to use RCX we have to warranty it on our own dime (not 4wheelparts or chryslers). This is the only reason we don't use RCX. But we all recommend it.

2. When I bought my truck we had a brand new 12 on a 6" pro comp. I drove it and hated it. Was a rough ride, no turning radius, and I did not want a spacer on my rear coil. I hate spacers.

3. I am not a RCX fanatic. Nor am I sold out on their products. Are they great guys that I believe make great products, definitely. I still think a loaded BDS kit is the best. But it's not worth the money. After researching and talking to all the vendors, RCX was the number one recommended kit.

4. Every vendor I spoke with from Fabtech, pro comp, and RCX all said one thing about zone - it was a joke. This isn't me, this is what they all said. Zone is not the same quality BDS. BDS wanted to compete with RCX on a price point. So they created zone. Problem is, RCX is competitive on price because of their business strategy, not their product. Whereas zone is just a BDS kit with less parts and shortcuts. My shop will not warranty them.

Dirtyp, I love your truck. Don't get me wrong. Just making my point.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I completely hear you guys and I take no offense at all....I guess it just made it that much easier for me to decide getting dealer stamp on my warranty no matter whose pocket it was actually coming out of. My truck will never be a hardcore offroader, or else i would have shelled out for the higher end kits ie...Icon, Kore etc. So for me the positives still out weigh any negatives you guys have mentioned. My truck rides better than stock and the pro comp parts look oem quality and first hand I just couldn't see that in the rcx kit.