DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
shaner82 is on a distinguished road
Default Got my truck today, but there's a problem

Ugh. Picked up my truck today, all seemed well at first, but I quickly realized that the Nav isn't working like it's supposed to. The map works as I'm driving, but I can't input a location into the Nav. The system locks up as soon as I start typing anything into it (either a city or street name), and when it comes back, it doesn't find the city I enter. I've tried numerous cities, including larger cities in Canada and it just doesn't find them. I don't know what's going on with it. It's very frustrating. I wish I had realized the problem before I drove away from the dealership.

Also, one question. I have my iPhone paired with my Uconnect. How do I send voice activated text messages? I know how to make calls through the head unit, but apparently it's possible to also use it to send text messages, but I've tried every command I can think of and nothing works.
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:387
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

If its like my Jeep you can't search anything or text while driving, try it when the truck is stopped
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
If its like my Jeep you can't search anything or text while driving, try it when the truck is stopped
Yeah I know that. I have tried many times while stopped, but as soon as I enter the first letter of the city or street, the whole system locks up. It comes back eventually, but then when I enter the 2nd letter, it locks up again. Sometimes it doesn't come back and all the letters are greyed out and it won't let me enter any more letters at all. It also doesn't find cities that clearly exist. It's definitely not working right.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like yours might need an update or reflash. Give the dealer a shot at fixing it. Mine had similar issues orginally and a 20 min reflash and it was perfect. Not saying its your solution, but worth a shot.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yeah, hopefully a reflash will fix it. I don't want to have to wait around while they install a new unit, if they even have one in stock.

Quick question for those who have Nav. When I try to enter an address to navigate to, I'm given 3 choices

City name
Street name
Texas, United States

I know the Ram has the Texas connection, but this seems odd to me. Does everyone else's Nav have that same layout when you try to input an address to navigate to?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

If your showing Texas that explains the no Canadian addresses. Go into the menu and change it to Canada.....forgive but I dont remeber how to do it, but I know it can be done.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Rep:10
Mig954 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like Texas is entered as your location. Just go into the settings and select your correct location.

Also, unless there is a change with the 2013, voice controlled SMS (texts) with the iPhone is not compatible. Other phones work, not Apple.

And if you want to stream your music via Bluetooth, the left and right channels are reversed. It's an Apple issue, not Chrysler.

This is the case with my 2012. Hopefully they are corrected for the '13s.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC
Rep:29
Lawdog4817 is on a distinguished road

My Samsung Galaxy S3 phone works great with the voice Text. Also when you receive a text message the trucks voice system reads the text to you.

Hopefully you get it fixed...and sorry to hear the iphones dont work with it. Which was news to me.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig954 View Post
It sounds like Texas is entered as your location. Just go into the settings and select your correct location.

Also, unless there is a change with the 2013, voice controlled SMS (texts) with the iPhone is not compatible. Other phones work, not Apple.

And if you want to stream your music via Bluetooth, the left and right channels are reversed. It's an Apple issue, not Chrysler.

You know what they say...all roads lead toTexas....or was that Ala?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig954 View Post

I have set my home address in the Nav, which wasn't easy as I couldn't input it with the keyboard. I had to wait until I got home and then use my current location on the map to set my home address. Unless I'm missing it, there's nowhere else to set your location in the settings. Besides, the fact that it keeps freezing up on me seems to indicate there's a bit of a computer problem going on.

The dealership is going to have someone call me today at some point and go from there. I know it's not a big deal as these things happen, but it is frustrating.