So I have gotten bored with my stock grille, so decided to change er up a bit.
Went and tracked down a stock grille from a scrap yard which I grabbed for $50.
Then I just chopped everything out with a Dremal and sanded it down to flush (somehow didn't take pics of it sanded down.)
I then used fiberglass cloth and resin to fill the gaps from behind and offer support for filler.
I then used bodyfiller, sanded down and more filler. Then sanded it down again to make it nice and smooth.
I then cut and fit my mesh (ended up changing) and mounted it from behind.
Then I broke out the good old trusty plasti-dipp and dipped it all.
Heres some of the supplies used.
Here was mesh number#1
Well I didn't like the first mesh, was to thin. So I went out and bought a 4x8 sheet of thicker mesh (anyone need mesh
After much grinding and cutting and sizing up. I got it mounted on.
I then dipped the mesh black (will get some close up pics tomorrow).
Took some roads shots, not the best pics to show it off though, looks better in person.
And the light show.
If anyone is interested in this idea, feel free to post any questions.