DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Rep:43
bigolyt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Ya, definitely doesn't sound like the right shop to be at.

I'm assuming you aren't comfortable leveling your truck yourself? Most of the kits or adjustable struts are very easy to install as long as you have the right tools. The Rancho Quicklifts might be a good option for you to install yourself if you don't have a spring compressor. It's essentially just swapping out the struts which is very simple. If you aren't comfortable with any of that though then I'd suggest going around to a few different shops and talking to the guys to find out what they have to say and see if they actually know what they're talking about.
Id like to think I could swap em out myself, but when it comes to the actual ride of my truck I should probably leave it to the pro's.

I think Im going to go with the Billstein 5100... should I go with the 5100 Series - Ride Height Adjustable or the Bilstein 5100 Series Leveling Shocks? Or are they the same?
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolyt View Post
Id like to think I could swap em out myself, but when it comes to the actual ride of my truck I should probably leave it to the pro's.

I think Im going to go with the Billstein 5100... should I go with the 5100 Series - Ride Height Adjustable or the Bilstein 5100 Series Leveling Shocks? Or are they the same?
I'm assuming they're the same but the Ride Height Adjustables sounds more correct to me. I'd contact Andrew or Jeremiah at Bully's Performance (formerly Discount Auto Performance). They'll make sure you get exactly what you need and get you the best price on it.

Andrew: fastNugly@discountautoperformance
Jeremiah: jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:14
kev12345 is on a distinguished road

hey allpar, do you have a side pic of your truck with the 2.1 setting. someone else just posted a thread with a pic of the 2.8 setting. i'd like to see the difference. thanks
Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
ALLPAR will become famous soon enoughALLPAR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev12345 View Post
hey allpar, do you have a side pic of your truck with the 2.1 setting. someone else just posted a thread with a pic of the 2.8 setting. i'd like to see the difference. thanks
Sure man, below is a few different angles of mine set at 2.1. Let me know if you want some different pics.

The 2.1 leveled me perfectly and I installed bilsteins all the way around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpeg image_1.jpeg (104.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg image_2.jpg (42.7 KB, 156 views)
Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road

i Just ordered my Bilstein 5100. Going to probably do them myself.
Did you need a spacer in the rear?
Did the 5100's come with everything needed? I don's want to have my truck apart then find out i need something silly like a washer or nut.
Any issues you found??

Thanks
btw good looking truck, the level you got looks perfect. i have the black 2013 Sport as well
Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyZ51 View Post
i Just ordered my Bilstein 5100. Going to probably do them myself.
Did you need a spacer in the rear?
Did the 5100's come with everything needed? I don's want to have my truck apart then find out i need something silly like a washer or nut.
Any issues you found??

Thanks
btw good looking truck, the level you got looks perfect. i have the black 2013 Sport as well
No spacer in the rear, everything needed comes in the kit. Not a hard install...if you have access to a wall mounted spring compressor and air it will make your life much easier. Good luck and let me know if you need any pointers.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:24
mr.nathan.lang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLPAR View Post
Sure man, below is a few different angles of mine set at 2.1. Let me know if you want some different pics.

The 2.1 leveled me perfectly and I installed bilsteins all the way around.

Beautiful truck! I'm working on closing the deal on a silver 2013 Sport Crew. Already all over this site for the best mod ideas so I can have the parts waiting on the truck. Bilsteins on the 2.1 setting is the only thing I'm sure on, as of now. Thanks for the help.

...now it's on to figure out what exhaust I need.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nathan.lang View Post
Beautiful truck! I'm working on closing the deal on a silver 2013 Sport Crew. Already all over this site for the best mod ideas so I can have the parts waiting on the truck. Bilsteins on the 2.1 setting is the only thing I'm sure on, as of now. Thanks for the help.

...now it's on to figure out what exhaust I need.
I got another question for you unrelated to the level. I see you have the bullydog tune. was it worth getting for $500. did you see any improvement? i heard some on the Formz they had issues..

thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyZ51 View Post
I got another question for you unrelated to the level. I see you have the bullydog tune. was it worth getting for $500. did you see any improvement? i heard some on the Formz they had issues..

thanks
There was a lil problem with the software when I first installed. It would throw a DTC code, but since then they gave me an update that works great. Their customer service is outstanding with any issue you may have and very knowledgeable with their product. I did notice much improvement in throttle response, shifting and power gain even with the regular tune. You will see the best gains with the performance tune. When coupled with the magnaflow exhaust S&B CAI I've also seen fuel mileage gains as well. You have to keep your foot out of the extra ponies you have to see it, but when I set my cruise on the highway at 70 I'm averaging around 22MPG. IMO it was worth it, I got it from Autoanything.com for $419 with our forumz discount of 16%.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:38 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLPAR View Post
There was a lil problem with the software when I first installed. It would throw a DTC code, but since then they gave me an update that works great. Their customer service is outstanding with any issue you may have and very knowledgeable with their product. I did notice much improvement in throttle response, shifting and power gain even with the regular tune. You will see the best gains with the performance tune. When coupled with the magnaflow exhaust S&B CAI I've also seen fuel mileage gains as well. You have to keep your foot out of the extra ponies you have to see it, but when I set my cruise on the highway at 70 I'm averaging around 22MPG. IMO it was worth it, I got it from Autoanything.com for $419 with our forumz discount of 16%.
Cool !
Thanks for the information. Tuner is next mod and while i'm still shopping he options, its nice to hear that the thing noticeably works .
I wont be changing the CAI or Exhaust this year, but would still do performance tune . anything MPG is an improvement, im averaging like 12 or 13 and that's not a heavy foot.