DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road
Default 8-Speed Delays or Cover Up for Bugs?

Hey all,

I keep reading the 8-speed build update thread and amongst that and speaking with the Chrysler dealer/headquarters, all these delays seem to stem from the 8-speed shortages.

If you think about it, RAM is offering the first 8-speed on a half-ton. Who the hell wouldn't want to upgrade to the 8-speed? It's cheaper than Ford's BS marketed EcoBoost. How wouldn't RAM anticipate such a strong demand with all the gears and gadgets it now offers to compete on the front line - be serious.

IMO, I feel there's a bunch of crap they're ironing out or just huge miscommunication skills. It's been RARE that people on here ordering trucks with the 8-speed and air ride are receiving them in the 4-6 weeks. Guys who ordered in January are just starting to receive their trucks. I ordered by Sport CC fully loaded on February 28 and it's been in "D" since first week of March.

And for the icing on the cake, my dad signed the deal for his loaded Longhorn a day later and his has still been in "BX" status. I'm starting to get fed up here and loosing my excitement and anticipation BIG TIME.
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: Don't own a Dodge
Chromag is on a distinguished road

There are plenty of posts here from people who have trucks with the 8-speed. Not sure if those are orders or from dealer inventory but plenty of people have that option. Maybe it's some other option holding your order up? Have you contacted Chrysler?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
domesticman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromag View Post
There are plenty of posts here from people who have trucks with the 8-speed. Not sure if those are orders or from dealer inventory but plenty of people have that option. Maybe it's some other option holding your order up? Have you contacted Chrysler?
I'm not denying that.

I said anyone on here who has the 8-speed has most likely waited longer than the expected ETA. Guys who ordered in January are finally starting to receive them. I'm not saying no one received them in due time but I've rarely heard of that case. That's why I'm arguing it's either bugs that are ongoing/constantly fixing or a huge lack in miscommunication.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: Don't own a Dodge
Chromag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
I'm not denying that.

I said anyone on here who has the 8-speed has most likely waited longer than the expected ETA. Guys who ordered in January are finally starting to receive them. I'm not saying no one received them in due time but I've rarely heard of that case. That's why I'm arguing it's either bugs that are ongoing/constantly fixing or a huge lack in miscommunication.
Or a part shortage, or it has nothing to do with the 8-speed but some other option you ordered. Just because there's a delay doesn't mean it's "bugs" in the 8-speed. Seems people are very happy with it. Without calling Chrysler and getting an answer from them as to why your order is being delayed I think it's just all speculation at this point. I'm sure some people who ordered the 8-speeds will chime in, though.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2015 3500 SRW Longhorn, CTD
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red, Saddle Tan Interior
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Ordered mine Feb12... Still in D status. Phoned RAM today and spoke with customer service (fairly competent lady it seemed)...parts shortage on 8 speed. Supply and demand guys...happens everyday in the manufacturing world, I suppose. Stay the course...it'll make for a fine truck! May get a better deal...rebates may change for better come May/June/July.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Chrysler had to convert a old factory to make the 8 speeds, both types of 8 speeds will be built there
Another factory is also being converted to make the front wheel drive 9 speeds

ZF is still making the 8 speeds in Germany & could also make them at the brand new Greenville, SC when that plant starts production
http://www.greenville.com/news/zf0710.html

Many of the 2013 Ram buyers not only wanted the
HEMI & 8 speed, but also 3.92 w/LSD
some wanted the longer Crew Cab bed
some wanted the longer bed with the RamBox
others are still waiting on that special PREFERRED PACKAGE, that is still on hold

( as i see it, the people that are going to moan & groan, are the ones that got the cheapest radio, the RA1. at least until an aftermarket radio comes out )
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 AM

Vehicle: 13 Laramie 1500, 15 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Western brown
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:476
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
If you think about it, RAM is offering the first 8-speed on a half-ton. Who the hell wouldn't want to upgrade to the 8-speed?

IMO, I feel there's a bunch of crap they're ironing out or just huge miscommunication skills.
My 8 speed truck was built March 13th, I bought it from dealer stock on April 1st.

The 8 speed transmission is not a new transmission, it has been around for a while albeit in Europe.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Black gold
Wdenis123 is on a distinguished road

I'm going through this now I ordered my truc in march on april9 th dealer said the regional rep called and said dodge would only build my truck with the hemi and 6 speed.i ordered the penta star with the 8 speed. The hemi was advertised as being equipped with the 6 speed yet their sitting on the dealers lots with the 8'speed and now there are no 8 speeds to put in the v6 that their touting as 25 mpg North American truck of the year with the 8 speed yet neither are available because they decided mid year to put the 8 speed behind the hemi. Thanks Chrysler!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500QC Hemi 4x4 8Spd 3.55
Trim Level: Laramie Frost Beige
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:21
On The Road is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Real Story behind the 8 Speed

If you noticed a few weeks ago the 2014 Durango was realeased. It came with much fan fair as it is only available with the 8 speed. The two engine combinations are the 3.6 and Hemi. The Hemi build is only being supported by ZF presently as Chrysler starts the ramup on the 8HP70 for the Hemi.

Ram is sitting backseat to the Durango Launch for those Transmissions.
They were comitted a while ago else it would have delayed the Durango launch.
RAM 1500 Laramine QC 4X4 Hemi - 8 Spd ZF 8HP70-3.21 -Stainless Steel Door Sill Protectors-Billet Catch Can-Cabin Air Filter Mod -Air Spring 1000's - EGR Hood Shield - TruXudo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover-AMP Research Bed Step-DeeZee Bed Rug- Tail Gate Protector-Trimax Spare Tire Lock
Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Rep:25
Ddaaryl is on a distinguished road

They spent a ton on money on ads and disapointed everyone that went to a dealer lot to get one. The "Truck of the Year" nonsense is useless if they are not available. The ads don't stop even though it seems productons has. Bad management!