DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Default My Lightsaber (RansRAM, wanna duel?)

Santa brought me one too.. I'm up for a duel anytime, RansRAM!

I installed this a few months ago.. only for the bar to finally give out due to operator error (I removed the tailgate to install.. and forgot to snap the rear camera wire loom back into place before I closed the tailgate.. doh!). So, the first bar got cracked and was removed.. I left all the wiring in place however, just tucking it up into safe 'storage'.

Finally installed the replacement a few weeks ago. Here's a pic of how I wired it up again.. hopefully it is understandable! And a video of the bar in action! (I wish I knew how to edit videos.. lol.. you'll know why at the end )

Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Darn Lady, you have come a long way with your project Ram
i don't usually look at peoples Mods
I am into '40 - late '60s vehicles

But you done good !!!
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 AM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Talking

Thanks very much, GT! Coming from you, that is one heck of a compliment.

I am very pleased with the way my rig is progressing and am glad to help others when I can (and turn a few heads) while trying to build friendships and a good reputation here. The road thus far has most certainly been an extreme learning experience!

I tried giving you rep but apparently I've given too much in the last 24 hours.. lol
I'll be sure to send some your way when I can in thanks for your support!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

That is a pretty cool light bar. When are you changing to LED tails?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I won't get into this lightsaber battle because I cheated and have more lights...

Sure looks good though!

Edit:

JUST KIDDING!!

Chrome... in moderation.

Last edited by Arth; 04-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1713
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Looks great nice job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I won't get into this lightsaber battle because I cheated and have more lights...

Sure looks good though!
Arth with more lights I find that hard to believe
Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Green
Rep:107
eight-bit will become famous soon enougheight-bit will become famous soon enough

I have been wrestling with the idea of getting one of these light bars. I reallllly like it, but at the same time I want to preserve a almost completely stock look.

Thanks for posting up the video, woke up the mod bug a little bit.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman View Post
That is a pretty cool light bar. When are you changing to LED tails?
I have no plans to replace the entire tail light assembly.. but have been trying to look in to just replacing the stock bulbs with LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post

Sure looks good though!
You know, I actually freaked out back when I first saw your lit flaps. Despite how much I liked yours, I love my chrome Canadian imports more. To each their own. I passed on more light in favor of that touch of chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Looks great nice job!!
Thanks Shawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight-bit View Post
I have been wrestling with the idea of getting one of these light bars. I reallllly like it, but at the same time I want to preserve a almost completely stock look.

Thanks for posting up the video, woke up the mod bug a little bit.
I am keeping my truck's stock appearance as well. This bar is hardly noticeable during the day and, well, obviously noticeable at night.
Here's a few day pics of the tailgate.. unless you're looking, you can't tell it's there.. I continue to surprise my friends who end up following me somewhere at night.

I think it is the perfect mod. It does not change the exterior (daily) appearance of the truck.. while I still get my addition of more lights at night.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
I have no plans to replace the entire tail light assembly.. but have been trying to look in to just replacing the stock bulbs with LEDs.
That's what I meant. Looked around for a while myself for bulbs. Tried some from ****************. Not bright enough. Ended up with these in red which were recommended by SS4Luck. Nice and bright and I'm very pleased with them.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...led-tower/633/

Maybe Asur with chime in. He got some really bright ones as well.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

That light bar looks great.. I have been looking into getting one too.. My truck will be very bright from every direction soon enough..
Tow mirrors up for all the haters