DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2015 Hellcat
Color: Sublime pearl green
Rep:71
Warwagon will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Long term update 09 CC , traded for a 2013 QC

Hey folks, been awhile since I posted anything so I thought I would pass along my ownership experience with my 2009 CC Sport.
I purchased it new in sept 09.
It was the last day of the rebate sale and I had to buy what was on the lot if I wanted the rebates... There was only 2 trucks to pick from and both had the same options, very few lol

Unfortunately the truck didn't have remote start or Bluetooth so I had the dealer add those as my first mods. Awesome!! Well worth the money!!
Then I added the rubber floor mats, worked good for a couple years then drivers side wore thru
I also added the moulded splash shields (mud flaps) and while others have complained about them rubbing their paint I found they really helped to protect the sides of my truck from stone chips
A tonneau cover was added to the truck but unfortunately didn't stand the test of time and only lasted 2yrs before the hardware used in the hinge system rotted and it fell apart. ( search my older posts for brand)
Not trying to slam that company but IMHE it was a POS!!!

The only performance mods I made were a mopar CAI and the mufflex 14 along with the OE Forged accessory wheels to replace the factory plastic crap.
IMHO the sport should come from the factory with the cold air and the mufflex lol it's that good!!!!
I had hoped the forged rims would weight considerably less than the CAST chrome clad but found the forged pieces to be ONLY 2 pounds less?!?!
Ohhhh well they look wayyyyyy better than plastic roflmao

So the truck .......

YES I have had the pinion nut issue
Mine has come loose or had a leaking seal 5 times during its life and had grenaded a rear diff and driveshaft all over the road once due to pinion nut issues! I was on a hwy doing 120kmh when it started to come apart, managed to make it off the hwy without killing anyone.
Have had a recall letter since Xmas that said parts would be avaliable FIRST quarter of 2013 another parts deadline missed

My passenger headlight crapped out at one point and it turned out to be a bad connection in harness that had to be repaired. Must be a common problem cause I see quite a few driving around without a passenger headlight lol

My exhaust bolts cracked and were replaced ( out of warranty by me )

That's it for repairs
Other than routine maintenance like plugs, oil etc this has been a good truck

I have put 158,000 kms on it and have loved driving it.

My selling dealer has lost me as a customer along the way after repeated suggestions I was abusing truck and therefore caused the pinion nut issue. My original tires lasted 100,000 Kms lmao SO OBVIOUSLY I Wasn't abusing my truck and IT DID AND DOES have a serious safety issue!!
Even when the recall was announced in the states Chrysler Canada wouldn't do anything for me and I had to wait for the recall to be issued in Canada!!
Well four months after "official" recall they are still waiting on parts

I wasn't going to buy another ram because of the lack of care for the customer once they leave the lot...
Another dealer took over servicing my ram bout half way thru its life after repeated battles with selling dealer over pinion nut.
I'm happy to say that not all dealers treat you with such disregard and disrespect.
Been very happy with things since changing dealers!!

And as of next week the pinion nut is dodges problem again
Traded my baby for a younger model lol
2013 QC Sport this time, loaded with everything BUT air suspension,sunroof,rear dvd.
My 2009 has a 5 speed, the 2013 I bought has an 8 speed

Kinda bummed thou...... Asked dealer to install cold air before I pick up truck next week and was told dodge has stopped production of them for now as they are interfering with the a/c hoses. Only on 2013's
Ah well maybe in a year lol

And that in a nut shell has been my experience with my 09

Yes I'm biased and love mopar! But these are the facts and just the facts!!

Anyone wanting more info is welcome to pm

Seriously considering the mufflex delete this time around as I like it loud lol

I will post pics of truck as soon as I take delivery, I kept my forged wheels for the new one and have a company on eBay making some custom decals for me.
Should look pretty sweet.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your old problems.. But congrats on your new Ram.. The 2013's are real nice looking, even if it just slight changes over others.

Mind me asking what dealership you switched over to?
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2015 Hellcat
Color: Sublime pearl green
Rep:71
Warwagon will become famous soon enough

My 09 was purchased from one of, if not the largest volume dealer in Ontario.
It's not really a great deal if they don't care what happens once you leave the lot.
Been dealing with Orangeville dodge and Very happy with both sales and service depts.
I really was on the fence about buying another one but they definitely helped to change my opinion with their willingness to go that extra bit for me as a customer.
Can't wait too see my 2013 towing my 1969. They match lol