DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Bolt-on MDS....very interesting.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed.... ....

Grub out!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Well unit came in today, here's what it looks like, will install it tomorrow or Sunday, depends on the weather.

The unit looks well made, the main board in the see through housing is completely covered in like a transparent silicon for protection. Connectors look good. Instructions seem pretty straight forward, connect red to +, black to -, gray to TBS signal, brown to break pedal switch, It does indicate that when doing the adjustments to the unit for idle it may throw some codes, so anyone installing this might want to have something handy to clear the codes on the dash. Will post more info when I install it.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

well I'm sure interested!

That's the plug n play unit, right? You plug in to all the injectors? Then just find a hot, ground, and TPS and brake pedal signal? Seems easy. Do a good write up please, if it works I might buy one

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

well did the truck blow up or what???

Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Not installed yet, been to busy and its been raining, will do it sunday, supposed to be a beautiful day. Hey you seem to know all sorts of stuff, question, if you were going to plug this up on the tps, there are 3 possible signals, which wire would you chose.

A3 - TP2 Signal
A5 - TP1 Signal
and
A6 - TP Sensor Return
Old 04-26-2013, 12:41 PM

OH NO!! AN ELECTRICAL QUESTION!!!! RUN!!!!

(I have no idea haha)

I'm pretty sure the multiple TPS signals are identical(redundancy for safety).

Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 PM

OK unit installed, not completely done, well its physically in and running, but I have to adjust the unit for it not to give off lean codes, you got to play with a small rotary switch on the board, Just ran out of time today.

OK first off, anyone think this is just plug and play cause they say so on the web site is not going to like this mod lmao, This is not your cabin air filter mod, you better be not bad with wiring, connectors, soldering, finding where to plug this thing in etc. I done the dirty work so I can tell you where to wire this thing in. Where to tap into the right fuse to get this working etc and if you want a sweet clean job like I did, its gonna take you the day to do it. Will post some video's tomorrow of the setup on my truck and also one with it running.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm excited to see the results. If it does what it says I'll likely buy one. Pics and more info once you get it done!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM

OK more info, and 2 video's , crappy one's but hope they help,

First off, I have now adjusted the unit not to give me codes, but I think I adjusted it way too much and will over the next few days adjust it more to get the max fuel savings I can. Actually its an adjustment so that the ECU does not think something is wrong because there is no fuel going to the cylinders and it pops an engine code.

That being said, "is it working you ask?", well it seems to be, the LED's say it is, the LED that says its initialized says it is, and what I have felt, and the only thing I have felt is that once the 5 break peddle hits is done and the unit turns on the Fuel saving when you are pressing the brake to stop the truck it actually feels like your stopping faster, I figure its cause the engine is pushing less. Just my feeling I got. is the engine stable, yes, at idle with air, lights, fan, running, its idling as it should. Will this prove as time goes by that I will be saving on fuel? Will only find out as time goes by.

OK, now, for the install, as indicated in my previous post this is not a plug & play installation as mentioned in the advert, those who are not used to doing electrical connections and soldering wires, using volt meters and basic mechanic's will want to have this unit installed by someone who is. Also, your going to spend 3-4 hours perched on top of your engine passing the wires, connecting everything, finding wires, feeding to under the dash and going back and forth, I would highly recommend a second person for this installation if just to hold your beer when doing this. But seriously, I would of loved a 2nd person to help out instead of me going to the driver seat, turning on the key and then back under the hood.

So for the install when you get the unit its a box with a bunch of wires and plugs.

I went and taped the 3 sets up and covered them with that flexible wire tubing so it would look clean, once you pass your 2 big cables with the injector plugs to both sides of the engine, you connect those up, easy but man them 2 last cylinder injectors are hard to get at, now gray wire goes to the TB pin A6 (pin 6) which is a Brown/Dark Blue wire. Now the Brown wire from the Fuel smart goes to the brake switch under the dash, link it to the Pin A6 (pin 6) which is a Dark Green/Red wire. The other wires are Positive and Body Ground. The positive you need to find a Positive that stays on when ignition is engaged or the truck will not start. I used a fuse tap in the fuse box, can't remember which one. So that is it, now all you have to do is the adjustments. Here are 2 video's, that may help

First part install:

Unit running:

I will post more information as I run the unit over the next week or so, hopefully it really does.

Last edited by Asur; 04-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.