Possible switch - Cloth Express for leather Rebel seats - Issues? - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2017 Ram Regular Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Ray2 is on a distinguished road
Default Possible switch - Cloth Express for leather Rebel seats - Issues?

Hi everyone:

I have an opportunity to buy a set of lightly used 2016 Rebel seats from a wreck. I'm thinking of switching out the cloth seats from my factory-ordered, yet-to-be-delivered black regular cab 2017 Express. If I do make the switch the plan would be to sell the brand new cloth ones on craigslist.

I'm wondering what you think about the idea? The Rebel seats are heated, power, leather sides, black/grey with red trim. Nice looking seats, with a REBEL logo on them. I don't particularly care about the logo or the red trim re: aesthetics. I don't think they will lower the value of my Express, or make it less saleable in the future. In fact I think they might increase the value.

No console is available with the Rebel seats, so will keep mine, and possibly switch it out later with one of the longer ones.

What I am concerned about is wiring the seats up without computer issues...

I haven't seen what the wiring looks like in my as yet unbuilt Express.

So my questions are:

Does anyone know if my Express will have the required (hopefully identical) connections for power and heated seats, airbags, etc. or might I have to add or change them.

Anyone know about any possible computer glitches?

Other issues?

This is my first post beyond my intro. so forgive me if I've put this in the wrong department.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2017 Ram Regular Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Ray2 is on a distinguished road

Hi all.

Found out the answers for the most part. Should be a simple affair for these years of trucks, a simple plug and play and switch upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement