DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:62
The1 True Outlaw will become famous soon enough
Default KBB vs. Trade value

I ordered a new ram so now I'm selling my Dakota. I chose to sell it myself rather than trade because its been so well taken care of.

From KBB
The private seller value is $7100
Dealer is $5500

I'd like to get $6500

I'm just curious if anyone has looked at their KBB value vs. what the dealer actually gave you for your trade. I asked the dealer what they would give and all they said is its gonna be wholesale value. And if I still have the Dakota when I come to pick up my new ram they will give me a trade value (really helpful).

I'm just looking for a base value cause I have a guy who wants to buy it but won't go over $5000 and that's about the same as the KBB the dealer good/fair value. And as of right now I'm not pressed for time.

Last edited by The1 True Outlaw; 04-19-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:115
HoosierHemi will become famous soon enoughHoosierHemi will become famous soon enough

i've used KBB to tell them that's what I want. Using the "trade-in" valuations and condition that is accurate. You might run the check over 2 or more weeks, seems to vary quite a bit each week, as it updates values each week. IT'll say at the bottom when that value is good until. If the dealer doesn't give you at least KBB trade in, i'd start shopping around for another dealer. Some low ball ya at first (using basic vehicle info) and leave out all the add-ons (leather, sunroof, Navigation, etc.) yours might have. FOR EXAMPLE, I had dealer value mine at 25K at first....came back with printouts from KBB saying worth $28K....they moved up to that number (but I didn't want to trade for the vehicle I had test drove all day, so no deal anyways). They might say they use Black Book or something else, but KBB is pretty standard of values to use to consumers trading in. Good Luck!

2011 Black 1500 Sport QuadCab 4x4

Last edited by HoosierHemi; 04-27-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 CC
Color: Tequila Sunrise
Rep:15
itshertruck is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to itshertruck

Depending on where you are located, will depend on what dealers area willing to negotiate. Here in VA, they could care less about KBB, but you go and get the NADA value, and then you can argue with them. When I traded my 2010 in a month ago, they tried to tell me what the high end trade was and I argued with them for over an hour. You can also get another point of view from edmunds as well. Information makes you a better and smarter consumer.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

i got right at very good trade value for my 2011 sport last month when i bought my 2500

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

KBB is a group of analysts who sit in a room and have never sold a car. Do yourself a favor and dont go in with KBB numbers as they could be under what they actually may give you. I sell cars for a living and we use NADA and Black Book. Two entities who actually sell cars. Go in with some stupid over priced number and make them get as close as they can. We gave a lady 3500 for a car that was only worth 2000. Tell them you want 9k and make them get close, or threaten to leave.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:62
The1 True Outlaw will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still have truck for sale and no sign of the new truck yet. I had not realized There were better sources (other for that fact) than KBB, I'll have to look them up and hope full the dealer give me at least a reasonable value if it comes to that.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

dont bring any numbers with you. just go in with a massive number that they wont get to, but make them get close. i was offeerd 5500 when i traded in my 04 ram, i told them 8k or no deal. they gave me 7750.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I had a local dealer offer me $2500 for my 00 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. KBB low trade value was $4700. I had replaced brakes, calipers, rotors, shocks, did trans service, regular oil changes within the last three years AND I had documentation for all of it. They wouldn't budge. Needless to say I walked and found a better truck. The local one was an 13 Express. I found a 13 Sport about three hours away. Nothing wrong with the express but IMO the Sport is so much better.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough

They will offer you less than kbb. They go by the black book instead of kbb. I asked them about my truck last weekend when we bought our 300s and they were about $7,000 less than KBB. They showed me the black book price. Kinda dumb but thats what they go by.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

You're gonna get quite a bit less for a trade in than you would for a private sell. Haggle with the dealer, the worst that will happen is that you won't come to an agreement and you keep your truck. But remember, no matter what any book says, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.