DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about
Default suing carson city dodge

so as some of you might know the trouble they caused me with the transmission and everything else. those of you who know that also know that they ruined my paint leaving it looking like they washed it with steel wool... i never told them to wash it in fact i had no idea they did until i picked it up. well since i picked it up i got a quote for $533 to buff it by a highly referred mobile detailer here in northern nevada. i then got a quote from a body shop for $1078.08 to color sand and buff the entire truck. Throughout it all though ive kept in contact with carson city dodge to get them to pay for the repairs to be done. Today i had a meeting with the general manager. When he looked at my truck he refused to do any work to it or pay me for anything saying that these scratches are old... They are not old his incompetent detailer just doesnt know how to wash a car... him and i went round and round so on monday im going to the court house and suing them in small claims for repairs and punitive damages. At this point i really dont have anything to lose and now its more so about principal. If i dont get anything out of it i will at least get the satisfaction of making them stress at the thought of having to go to court. On the other hand if they do pay me out im using every dime to hire some kid to hold a sign outside of the dealership that just says Carson city dodge is a scam! or something to that affect.

there is a lot more as to what was said and how they handled all of this but im pretty long winded and id need pages to explain everything. in a nut shell though the facts are they scratched the hell out of my paint and the service manager and the general manager are both saying that the scratches were there before and they wash vipers that have never came out like this... luckily every time ive detailed my truck i took pictures because like all of you i take pride in my truck and am proud when she shines. so with that said i at least have proof that they messed up my truck. wish me luck.

soon as the body shop emails me the pics ill show you guys some before and after pics.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

That is awful.. Sorry to hear about that and your unfortunate experience with the dealership, and best of luck to you.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 10-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the financial, legal and time resources to pursue the matter?

Grub out!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark Cherry
Rep:161
anothernewb has a spectacular aura aboutanothernewb has a spectacular aura about

I doubt they'll stress over it, but good luck!
documentation is your friend, and it sounds like you've got enough to prove your claim.

Livin life one truck payment at a time.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM

brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

@grubrunner: no im just going to take it to small claims which would only cost me a filing fee.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

Just have your ordeal documented as much as possible as it'll work to your advantage.

Grub out!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 PM

Thank you. At this point like i said its more about the principal of it all. I mean i have been driving my truck around for about 2 weeks now with it looking like im some idiot who doesnt know how to wash a car... It sucks because thats totally not me. And then to be told to basically go F my self and that i did the damages was not only insulting but terrible management. They should be held responsible. For now though im taking care of the scratches my self. I had most of the supplies but i still needed quite a few things and ended up costing me 60$ in car care products. So far i used clay bar on it then i used meguires ultimate compound, went over it twice with meguires professional swirl remover 2.0, now im about to use meguires pro glaze #7, and then ill be topping it off with meguires pro hi-tech yellow wax #26. so far ive got most of the scratches out but i dont think i can remove them all which really sucks. i spent 3 hr on it yesterday clay bar and rubbing compound and today ive been buffing it since 8am and i still got the glaze and the wax. not to mention removing residue from all my plastic parts. ill post pics of before and after once i get the pics from my insurance company.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 Mega Cab 4X4 3.73
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:174
namretsud has a spectacular aura aboutnamretsud has a spectacular aura about

As much as you hate it I would have left it for a while to see where you get with small claims.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 PM

Well at this point every one at the dealership has seen it my insurance company has seen it a body shop has seen it and i have a ton of pics so i think ill be fine unless the judge wants to see it haha. The fact of the matter is they damaged it and i had to fix their problem and hell im still not done. after spending 3 hours yesterday and 9 hours today i figured id just finish it tomorrow. all i have left to do is wax it and clean all the plastics that have residue on them.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 PM

If anything i can tell the court that i paid a mobile detailer $600 to do the work and i paid the guy cash. They couldnt prove otherwise if it came down to it. Im not trying to screw any one i just feel like i was taken advantage of and was bent over a barrel. No one should be treated how i was ever especially from a company that represents a global company. Regardless if all it took to fix it was a little elbow grease its how they handled it which is what im most upset about.