DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Nope haven't got it to the track yet it's only 2 1/2 weeks old and wanna get more mile on her first. I have dropped 4k on it already though, 2k on suspension, and 2k on wheels and misc. stuff......

Koni Yellows with Steeda sport springs
AMR wheels (19/20" staggered set-up)
Nitto 555r (drag radials) 305 35 20 for the rear, reused the pirelli for the fronts (both 1.4" of side wall)
Whiteline suspension-UCA, LCA w/relo bracket (backorder), Panhard Bar (backorder), Panhard bar brace, and rear sway...
Roush side/rear splitters
GT500 Axle backs
Hood Struts and a bunch of misc stuff to do with the drop.

I gotta around to installing the Koni's yellow/steeda sport combo today (will install the WL stuff once everything comes in)

Anyway here are some pics I snapped a few hours ago with my cell on my test drive/stop at the park.

Next up is gonna be a Paxton because without a doubt it's the most bang for the buck F.I application for the 5.0s right now.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

TBH, I know what a 5.0 can do...my bro has yellow GT convertible (you can see it in my profile under the carport), my bro inlaw has a yellow ZO6 (I have pics if you like) and my son has a 2011 Camaro. And I know what a sealed 5.0 is, lol. I don't have to like Ford because you do. I don't like them because they are FAST and they build them race ready better than Chrysler...get it? Now YOU grow up, you didn't have to get mad and shove a list of modded 5.0's in my face. ....did I say they weren't fast, lol? BTW, I can also hear turbo or SC whine in those videos of one claiming stock but not sure. None the less I just don't agree with the sealed race version with race gas and tubed being stock, that's my opinion. I'm just a dedicated Mopar guy what can I say? And last, a Ram truck is NOT a race car dude...it's a fugging 5,000 lb brick, lol. So for Dusterman to hang with one is incrediable feat...which btw I didn't say...good race to him! I know you're young, I'm old and you have a long life ahead of you but you have a long way to go before you experience what I have...and I hope you do. I raced just about everything under the sun (1/4 ml bikes, cars, and boats) including some crazy stunts with that old ww11 fighter trainer in my avatar sp plz give me a little credit dude. I'm not hating on you or anything you own and race...K? So I don't like Ford? Plz don't take it personal, thx EDIT: WOW... that's sweet TBH, looks deadly! Now I see what this is all about....guess I'd feel the same way, lol!

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 04-24-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Wow I wasn't even mad LOL just point out some facts....no hard feelings fellas, it's not like I've completely left you guys LOL. Man I've probably done more threads on mods than most here on this forum and help a lot of you guys out.

Man before I hooked up with Hemifever for the 2011s you really didn't hear his name until I made that thread and now you can't stop seeing his name on these forums. I did more with a CC than most on here has done with a RC and don't wanna toot my own horn but damn give me a little credit. LOL

I'm just moving on to bigger things and When it come's to brand loyalty I don't believe in that. I believe on going with who puts out quality products and I wouldn't have ever bought my ram if that was the case. Anyway I probably have one more thread to make in here in about a week and you guys won't hear to much from me as the modding is dead for my Ram.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:57 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

Black hemi... im thinkung im close to being done modding and racing my truck. Im to scared to go any further in. Cause of tranny being weak. So in a couple years I will probably buy a muscle car like a used gto or used 5.0. Both easier to mod and get better results. Truck would then go back to stock
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2003 hemi ram
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Flame red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
Redhemi03 is on a distinguished road

Good looking ride black hemi, sorry we won't be seeing you much more. All he was trying to say tho is that it's always fun to know that his or anybody else's trucks that start out in the mid 15 second range could hang with a stick to mildly modded 5.0, that vid of the one I raced and beat was one of two I beat that night , of course one was stock and the other had intake and exhaust with a canned tune, but look at the weight difference, aerodynamics, power to weight ratio and all of it and it's really impressive if you think about it, and I'm a cam only truck with a canned superchips tune and bolt on! heads and spray will put me close to 7.50's in the 1/8 and maybe 11.90's in the 1/4, anyways...., nice mustang bro and best of luck to you and your new build , keep us posted on your progress, those 5.0's rip

Last edited by Redhemi03; 04-24-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram AWD
Trim Level: Laramie 4x4 quadcab
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
friendlyHP is on a distinguished road

that was sick, mopar ftw
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:47
1hotkadota is on a distinguished road

It's still a 5.SLOW LOL.

J/k, now I want one. o.O
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Wow I wasn't even mad LOL just point out some facts....no hard feelings fellas, it's not like I've completely left you guys LOL. Man I've probably done more threads on mods than most here on this forum and help a lot of you guys out.

Man before I hooked up with Hemifever for the 2011s you really didn't hear his name until I made that thread and now you can't stop seeing his name on these forums. I did more with a CC than most on here has done with a RC and don't wanna toot my own horn but damn give me a little credit. LOL

I'm just moving on to bigger things and When it come's to brand loyalty I don't believe in that. I believe on going with who puts out quality products and I wouldn't have ever bought my ram if that was the case. Anyway I probably have one more thread to make in here in about a week and you guys won't hear to much from me as the modding is dead for my Ram.
Can't wait to see the next ram mod

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!