DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Farmer1 is on a distinguished road
Default Bedrug bed liner

Just going to pickup my new bighorn . Not sure of what to get for a bed liner .
Have hard plastic in my Z71 work good --keeps the scratches and dents at bay . But way slippery if you are carrying something unstrapped .

Like te spray in liner buy a bit to grippy ( ? ) pain in the neck to drag anything out of the box and would not protect against dings that well .

Just found a product called a bedrug . Looks like the best of both worlds and I can remove it . Can not seem to find anyone with 1st hand experience with the product .

Anyone here use one ?

Thanks , Farmer1
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Jjaszkow is on a distinguished road

My father has this and absolutely loves it. I was surprised at how stain resistant it is, and it definitely does a great job of protecting the cargo. It has a bit of cushion, so protects the box a bit from dents. I personally am still on the fence, since with my spray in liner, I can simply sweep any debris out of the box rather than having to find a hose or vacuum.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC
Color: Black
Rep:29
Lawdog4817 is on a distinguished road

You can sweep a Bedrug as well. My order for a bedrug mat will be here Wed. I just ordered the matt and not the whole thing...no sides etc...
I really don't use the bed other then putting bags of mulch and suitcases for trips etc in the back of the truck..so I felt the matt was the only part I needed. Also the savings in cost I was able to buy a roll up Tonneau Cover.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500QC Hemi 4x4 8Spd 3.55
Trim Level: Laramie Frost Beige
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:21
On The Road is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer1 View Post
Just going to pickup my new bighorn . Not sure of what to get for a bed liner .
Have hard plastic in my Z71 work good --keeps the scratches and dents at bay . But way slippery if you are carrying something unstrapped .

Like te spray in liner buy a bit to grippy ( ? ) pain in the neck to drag anything out of the box and would not protect against dings that well .

Just found a product called a bedrug . Looks like the best of both worlds and I can remove it . Can not seem to find anyone with 1st hand experience with the product .

Anyone here use one ?

Thanks , Farmer1
I bought the DEE ZEE Bed rug on Amazon. It was $60 or so delivered.
It is fantasic! Really good quality and fits perfect.
RAM 1500 Laramine QC 4X4 Hemi - 8 Spd ZF 8HP70-3.21 -Stainless Steel Door Sill Protectors-Billet Catch Can-Cabin Air Filter Mod -Air Spring 1000's - EGR Hood Shield - TruXudo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover-AMP Research Bed Step-DeeZee Bed Rug- Tail Gate Protector-Trimax Spare Tire Lock
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love my Bed Rug liner, serves my purposes well. A side benefit is it is easy on the knees.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:86
jdvelchek will become famous soon enough

I have a full bed rug and love it. It has gone through 2 Illinois winters without any problems. I've never had to redo any of the velcro. I do not have a tonneau cover either, though I plan to get one with tax $$$$ this year. My nephew has had one for even longer and has no complaints either. Just do not get any gas on it. Gas is the only thing that has stained or melted the ABS plastic fibers that it is made out of.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The only negative comment that i have heard about with the Bedrug is that
when you haul bales of hay, some of the straw may get caught in the weave & you just pluck it out

Dogs & kids love it & you could easily take a nap on it

If you should get in an accident & bed is damaged, the body shop just pulls the bedrug up & start fixing, with a spray in liner, they charge extra to remove the spray liner, so they can do a repair
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:30
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road

I too have been thinking about one of these and I'm pretty much sold on them based on everything I have read. Anyone know where I can get the best price?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
The only negative comment that i have heard about with the Bedrug is that
when you haul bales of hay, some of the straw may get caught in the weave & you just pluck it out

Dogs & kids love it & you could easily take a nap on it

If you should get in an accident & bed is damaged, the body shop just pulls the bedrug up & start fixing, with a spray in liner, they charge extra to remove the spray liner, so they can do a repair
Good to know, I had not considered that, even more glad I have one.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
I too have been thinking about one of these and I'm pretty much sold on them based on everything I have read. Anyone know where I can get the best price?
I'm not sure if Discount Auto Performance sells them or not but they would be the first guys to contact. Jeremiah or Andrew will get you the best pricing on pretty much any aftermarket part you need.

Jeremiah: jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance
Andrew: fastNugly@discountautoperformance

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's