DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires


Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 AM
UpToNoGood's Avatar
UpToNoGood UpToNoGood is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N. Ft. Worth
Age: 45
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram EcoDiesel
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Rep Power: 0
Rep:61
UpToNoGood will become famous soon enough
Default

I like the idea of the larger Nitto Terra Grappler for my truck, but can't see myself getting rid of 4 tires with plenty of life in them.
__________________
2014 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4 8spd, 3.92 EcoDiesel - Hammerhead rear bumper sprayed with Linex - Iron Cross steps sprayed with Linex - Trucks cover tool box/Tonneau Cover combo - Geno's cabin filter - 275-65-20 Nitto Terra Grappler - Air Lift 1000
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM
ramaries ramaries is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: whereIcan
Posts: 220
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:39
ramaries is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudio View Post
I'm in Batesville ...
I am about an hour from you.
I am running some Nitto Terre Grapplers on a Ford truck right now and had some Duratracs before then (in 18"). The Nittos give a smoother ride and are a bit less noisy. But really, I think I liked the duratracs better and will probably go with those on a new Ram. If you want just hwy consider the michelins. Many tires wear funny with cupping so be careful and research the ones you are considering if you want to get good miles from them. The Duratracs I had I sold at 45,000 miles and they still had good tread with no irregular wear whatsoever. I don't know about the Nitto but it appears they have softer rubber and that I won't get the miles I got from the Duratracs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Iqudayo's Avatar
Iqudayo Iqudayo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hopatcong, NJ
Age: 48
Posts: 874
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all
Default

I have Nitto Dura Grappler tires here some info on it the E rated tires is what helps you maintain a stiffer side wall while towing and are 10 ply.
these tires are great I'll don't think I'll need a different tire as long as I have this truck. Hope this helps

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/duragrappler
(The Dura Grappler® is a highway terrain tire that provides a combination of tread life and ride comfort. The Dura Grappler® is suitable for a wide variety of light trucks, SUVs and CUVs. It is also available in popular 'E' load range, heavy-duty LT sizes for today's demanding diesel trucks. All P-Metric sizes in the Dura Grappler® line come with a 5-rib pattern. Whether you're working on a construction site or towing your toys, the Dura Grappler® was designed to meet your needs.)
(LT Tires with an "E" load range have a 10-ply rating.)
__________________

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 AM
CLOTAGAMES CLOTAGAMES is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ILLINOIS
Age: 58
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2015 RAM 1500 CREW laramie 6'4
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Color: WHITE OVER SILVER
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
CLOTAGAMES is on a distinguished road
Default

Sticking with stock wheels
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM
CLOTAGAMES CLOTAGAMES is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ILLINOIS
Age: 58
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2015 RAM 1500 CREW laramie 6'4
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Color: WHITE OVER SILVER
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
CLOTAGAMES is on a distinguished road
Default Cooper zeon ltz 275/65/r20 with air suspension

DSCN4462_opt.jpg

DSCN4463_opt.jpg

DSCN4464_opt.jpg

DSCN4465_opt.jpg

DSCN4466_opt.jpg

DSCN4467_opt.jpg

Just put on today-will just rub inner plastic when in enter exit height. Ride nice. 1" taller than standard tires. Pictures show at all 4 ride heights.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 PM
HorseMan's Avatar
HorseMan HorseMan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 752
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep Power: 3
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES View Post
Attachment 35360

Attachment 35361

Attachment 35362

Attachment 35363

Attachment 35364

Attachment 35369

Just put on today-will just rub inner plastic when in enter exit height. Ride nice. 1" taller than standard tires. Pictures show at all 4 ride heights.
Awesome pics! Do they rub at full lock, or all the time? Curious if your stock tires rubbed in same place. Can you trim the plastic piece, or is it concerning enough to do that?
__________________
2014 2500 Laramie Crew 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 axle
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Cummins, Western Brown (traded)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
HorseMan's Avatar
HorseMan HorseMan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 752
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep Power: 3
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaries View Post
I am about an hour from you.
I am running some Nitto Terre Grapplers on a Ford truck right now and had some Duratracs before then (in 18"). The Nittos give a smoother ride and are a bit less noisy. But really, I think I liked the duratracs better and will probably go with those on a new Ram. If you want just hwy consider the michelins. Many tires wear funny with cupping so be careful and research the ones you are considering if you want to get good miles from them. The Duratracs I had I sold at 45,000 miles and they still had good tread with no irregular wear whatsoever. I don't know about the Nitto but it appears they have softer rubber and that I won't get the miles I got from the Duratracs.

How are the Terra Grapplers in the rain? I've heard varying degrees of copmlaints, but also many good things. And are you running LT tires or P rated tires?
__________________
2014 2500 Laramie Crew 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 axle
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Cummins, Western Brown (traded)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM
CLOTAGAMES CLOTAGAMES is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ILLINOIS
Age: 58
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2015 RAM 1500 CREW laramie 6'4
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Color: WHITE OVER SILVER
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
CLOTAGAMES is on a distinguished road
Default

Only rub at lowest enter/exit height. Just barely touch plastic inner front fender liner. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my jeep and I think these Coopers are quieter than the Nittos. Have run Goodyear Duratracs before. These remind me of them. These are aggressive looking tires. Thumbs up so far
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
HorseMan's Avatar
HorseMan HorseMan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 752
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep Power: 3
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES View Post
Only rub at lowest enter/exit height. Just barely touch plastic inner front fender liner. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my jeep and I think these Coopers are quieter than the Nittos. Have run Goodyear Duratracs before. These remind me of them. These are aggressive looking tires. Thumbs up so far
Thanks! I assume they only rub at full lock?
__________________
2014 2500 Laramie Crew 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 axle
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Cummins, Western Brown (traded)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM
HorseMan's Avatar
HorseMan HorseMan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 752
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep Power: 3
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
I have Nitto Dura Grappler tires here some info on it the E rated tires is what helps you maintain a stiffer side wall while towing and are 10 ply.
these tires are great I'll don't think I'll need a different tire as long as I have this truck. Hope this helps

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/duragrappler
(The Dura Grappler® is a highway terrain tire that provides a combination of tread life and ride comfort. The Dura Grappler® is suitable for a wide variety of light trucks, SUVs and CUVs. It is also available in popular 'E' load range, heavy-duty LT sizes for today's demanding diesel trucks. All P-Metric sizes in the Dura Grappler® line come with a 5-rib pattern. Whether you're working on a construction site or towing your toys, the Dura Grappler® was designed to meet your needs.)
(LT Tires with an "E" load range have a 10-ply rating.)
Can you post up some pics?
__________________
2014 2500 Laramie Crew 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 axle
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Cummins, Western Brown (traded)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum