DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
ericlee9386 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
You are right with everything but I have 3.92s and my truck will never see 13s again LOL it's stripped down and back to stock. All I can say is when it was all said and done I was left with a broken tranny and Whitelightning is a female dog IMO for completely point the finger at me and not owning up to his f up.
Did you ever get your tranny fixed? What did dave say when you told him about it?
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

My truck should be out the shop hopefully tomorrow but when I told him about it in an e-mail he pointed his finger at me. Go figure I install his tranny tune on April 1st and my tranny dumps on the 5th. The dealer told me the scanners showed tq limits and pressures that were too high and go figure what do you think he tune my tranny for. He increased line pressure and I'm sure he killed TM because I was burning rubber from a dig like no other. I e-mailed him after the dealer told me what happened on April 17th and never got a reply back. That's ok I'm about to make a thread and put him on blast with all the e-mails from day 1 dealing with him. That snake was trying to steal Hemifevers tunes from me since January LOL but anyway I'm done with my rant.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

My guess is the weight of those rims n tires. I have the stock 20's with general grabber uhp's (wth 3.55) and similar mods and run a low 14. keep pluggin away. my trap times r garbage

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
My truck should be out the shop hopefully tomorrow but when I told him about it in an e-mail he pointed his finger at me. Go figure I install his tranny tune on April 1st and my tranny dumps on the 5th. The dealer told me the scanners showed tq limits and pressures that were too high and go figure what do you think he tune my tranny for. He increased line pressure and I'm sure he killed TM because I was burning rubber from a dig like no other. I e-mailed him after the dealer told me what happened on April 17th and never got a reply back. That's ok I'm about to make a thread and put him on blast with all the e-mails from day 1 dealing with him. That snake was trying to steal Hemifevers tunes from me since January LOL but anyway I'm done with my rant.
I have an 09 with the lifetime drivetrain warranty so I set my tune back to stock erry (lol) time I put in in the shop. Not sure how many miles are on ur truck or how long ur warranty is but I would think that you would know to set ur tune back to stock in the same case no doubt. So how would the dealer know this was done to ur trans...just saying? He may be blowing smoke up ur tailshaft...ur tailshaft if you know what I mean. I had SC trans tuning and my sylonoid /clutch pack went out at 30k ml but it wasn't SC fault. It was these trans not being capable of over 450 hp. I literally burn rubber from a 20 mph roll erry (luv this word, sry) time and again at second gear shift, all stock with just a K&N wet filter and SC and custom Jerrico (me, lol) tune. I have to pepper my truck in a race from a dig with SC t/m set at 8%. I shift out at 6100 and the 6000 in sec. Could go to 6200 but torque falls off there and doesn't do sec gear burn as well. Grant it I have a RCSB/3.92/30" useless G/Y tires. I know ur pissed and I can't blame you, but maybe you should think a while before jumping to conclusions about blaming this guy? I would be willing to bet that ur issues are the same that I had with mine at 30k mls....solonoid/clutch pack. I've had none since and my trans has been through hell and back @55K mls especially towing. I'm currently on a 91 tune but mostly run a 93 since tuner came out. As it stands, I am sure that my trans could not take my current tune/hp if I were running R/M drag radials. And I'm not going to either because of. In any case good luck with your truck fix and your new toy Mustang. Came inches from getting one myself had it not been for the 10' timing chain and four cams, lol. Can't see myself modding that engine durring a rebuild. Wouldn't know how to deal with four cams/timing and I'm good with them, lol.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

They didn't know initially but when you split the engine and tranny apart whats in the middle....a circle d TC LOL. Yeah my vavlebody was trashed, clutch packs...to the point where I didn't have 3rd and 4th gear. Of course what I was doing to my truck was decreasing tranny life but come on when I didn't show no signs of tranny problems for 5 months straight with Hemifevers tune and I swap over on the 1st and my tranny takes a dump on the 5th. Let me remind you nothing changed with mods, so first thoughts would point towards a tune.

Then the way he handled the situation pretty much sealed it with me, just leaving me hanging and completely ignoring me. After finding out exactly what the dealer told me was the same things he tuned my tranny for. Increased line pressure (have the e-mails) and 4th gear lockout...and you know along the lines he did decrease TQ mangement which cause raise in tq limits. After talking to a few people about Whitelightning over various forums I wasn't the first one that he dumped their tranny after only days of installing his tune....I believe the count was up to 9. So you guys use him if you want but I wouldn't let him touch my truck again with a stick. I know he's partnered with a vendor on this forum and if they don't mind taking a chance with his tunes under their name that fine but I'm sure when this happened to me he sent out retune's as quick as he could LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:25
TylerB is on a distinguished road

Gears and a good torque converter will show the biggest gains shy of forced air or nitrous on these trucks. My truck is proof of that.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
Gears and a good torque converter will show the biggest gains shy of forced air or nitrous on these trucks. My truck is proof of that.
My thoughts exactly. If I mod anymore it will be gears and then TC. I understand the benefits of smaller wheels/drag tires, but I would prefer to run it the way it would be any other day of the week. To me, its a more honest interpretation of what a primarily street driven vehicle can do. And I'm lazy.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

That's pretty much how I am. My track prep consists of pulling the ABS fuse, taking out my air filter, and dropping my rear tires down to 24psi.

So what part of Florida are you from?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
That's pretty much how I am. My track prep consists of pulling the ABS fuse, taking out my air filter, and dropping my rear tires down to 24psi.

So what part of Florida are you from?
Gainesville. Do ever come up to the track here? What kind of times do you get?

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-
Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I've been there once and it was back in the beginning of February before I installed my torque converter. I got 3 runs in. 1st pass-13.69, 2nd pass-13.67, and 3rd pass-13.65.

I'm definitely itching to go back, but it's hard to get out there because it's a 2 hour ride for me, but it's worth it for the track prep alone.