DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 Ford F150
Rep:10
SH24 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!! Should I buy a 1996 Ram 4x4?

I am considering to trade my 2000 F150 4.2V6 5-speed for a 1996 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Dodge [COLOR=blue !important]Ram[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] 1500 4x4 w/ 5.9 auto. Has anybody had good luck with these trucks? Just how bad is the 5.9 on gas? What about power, towing? How smooth is the ride (I know they have solid [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]front [COLOR=blue !important]axles[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], where as my ford has indepentent front suspension). How is the overall reliability? Is it easy to work on? I've heard ball joints are a problem? And what's this I hear about the strange cupholders??

So there is a 96 Ram at a dealership. The truck has roughly 84,000 miles on it. The only bad thing is that the dealer wants 9,995 for it, which is WAY overbooked. Any tips on how to deal with him to reduce the price? What would you guys pay for this truck? BTW it is an [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]extended [COLOR=blue !important]cab[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] SLT (has all the power options). The dealer also said its a one owner, which is a plus. If the dealer backs down his price, I will trade my truck in on it. I just wonder about going to a 96 from a 2000. Is there any reasonably priced aftermarket products (exhaust, air filter/intake, etc) to increase the mpg on these trucks?
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie Ext-Cab
Color: Forrest Green
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
rudkinp00 will become famous soon enough

I have a 01 appraised at 13000 with only 59000 on speedo with that being said i still thing 9 is too high for that year even with low miles, my 5.9 gets anywhere from 10-13 depending on terrain and how heavy my shoe is from day to day, these gas guzzlers do not put out much power though mine has about 250 hp that isnt even to the wheels and with mine it weighs almost 6000lbs so not alot of acceleration from these, they ride like a truck should, kinda rough, i like mine but it has sentimental value if it didnt i would have probably traded to third gen with hemi