DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500 Ram - Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX 4 Off Road
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Light Greystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Rocky Harbour is on a distinguished road
Angry I Think I am Ready to Surrender ....

My vehicle is 39 months old and I have just reached 59,000 kms. I have owned a wide variety of makes and models of vehicles in the past 35 years, I am certainly not loyal to one brand over the other. I am extremely particular over my vehicles to the point where I usually have people who wait for me trade a vehicle so they can in turn buy it for themselves.

In all my years of driving I have never owned a vehicle that has spent as many trips for repairs and the associated parts for those repairs. I will go one better, I haven't had this many repairs on all of my other vehicles combined!

This is my list to date:

1) Defective wheel speed sensor replaced.

2) Front bumper rusted and replaced.

3) Water leak rear window - seal replaced

4) Water leak third brake light - repaired.

5) Front Pads and Rotors - replaced.

6) Both Front Struts - Leaked and replaced.

7) Both Front Wheel Bearings - Replaced

8) Both Front Tie Rod Ends - Replaced + Wheel Alignment.

9) Both Rear Rotors and Pads - Replaced

10) Both Rear Hand Brake Shoes and Hold Down Kits - Replaced

11) Muffler - Replaced.

This past weekend I was driving on the highway and pulled off of an exit ramp only to see smoke billowing from my left front wheel well. I have a seized caliper, and also ruined the new pads and rotors that were installed last Fall. They also diagnosed that my RF wheel bearing is gone again (only 15,000 kms since they were replaced).

Approximately 90 percent of my driving are highway miles. I also have the vehicle parked for the summer months as I have a second vehicle. No off road use what so ever.

The icing on the cake is that this vehicle has by far the worst paint job of any vehicle I have owned to date. I had a 1979 VW Rabbit that the paint was flawless compared to this vehicle.

Trust me I do not have the good conscience to sell this vehicle to somebody that I know. But it has to go.

I apologize for the rant, however I am soon going to have the few remaining hairs I have left pulled out.
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Really? I think there may be more to the story. And why hasn't your pinion nut backed off, axle lock up and drive shaft fallen off yet?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

My truck has 46,000 on it now and can't say I've had those issues "yet".

I agree on the paint though, it has a lot of orange peel to me. But.., I have looked at many new cars and most of them aren't much better. It's tough to get a quality paint job from a robot. If you've ever done any car refinishing in your life, you need to have an eye for the paint application. The paint needs to go on heavy, almost to the point of getting a run in the paint. There is a fine line between a great paint job and a run. I'd much rather wind up buffing out a run than have a paint job with a ton of orange peel.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Brown/Gold
Rep:60
txrobtrx will become famous soon enough

Only to offer a counterpoint.....I have a 2010 TRX 2WD with the Hemi and I have 98,884 miles as of this morning. I drive almost 95% highway miles in Texas, including two record summers

Repairs and Maintenance to date:
1. Normal scheduled maintenance - lots of oil, three spark plug changes
2. Replaced tires once and finally need to do again in the next 5,000 miles
3. Brake pads finally replaced at 90,000 miles - rotors were smoothed but in great shape.
4. Known exhaust manifold bolt issue fixed at 98,000 miles

Everything else has run just fine. I keep my fluids checked and replace per schedule. I run mostly unleaded gas due to price, and I run 70-75 mph most of the time. I run it hard but not extreme.

Sorry to hear that your truck has had so many issues, but just wanted to share a different experience.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500 Ram - Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX 4 Off Road
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Light Greystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Rocky Harbour is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by westxsrt10 View Post
Really? I think there may be more to the story. And why hasn't your pinion nut backed off, axle lock up and drive shaft fallen off yet?
Trust me, I have been waiting for that one ever since I have been reading the various posts on this forum!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My '09 was built in October 2008
Besides the short runner valve & the 2 bolts that everyone had to get replaced, taken care of under warranty both times & a couple computer flashes

I changed my stock Wrangler tires long before they even started to wear down, too much sliding around in light rain
This last Saturday i had to replace the original battery

All the fluids have been flushed & changed out, except the brake fluid & that will be changed when i need brakes

I have right at 84,000 miles on it & it has only been in snow or on icy roads 3 times
It is my daily driver & work vehicle
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

My 10 Ram was the same way every time you turned around it was in the shop getting something fixed. When the main fuse box went with less than 10K miles on the truck it was the last straw. I went to a 12 Sport and have been satisfied so far. Only a headlight switch problem when below zero degrees, replaced and not a problem since.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral grey
Rep:10
db1 is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear. ive been lucky with all mine. knock on wood!

Volant cai , bt catch can,180 stat, Moes 85mm, Sonnex line booster, Superchip programmer Tranny upgrade , Bilstein shocks 25% stiffer springs, Air bags, 22" srt10 replicas matt black, magnaflow tru x muffler.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Longhorn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Red
Rep:55
Bruce E will become famous soon enough

I would have to say you got a lemon. I have the 2010 TRX4 and just turned 114,000km. the only issues I have had (one recall and one warranty) were the tie rod ends and the manifold bolt. I drive hard both on and off road. I am just now considering trading up because I will be putting a lot of mileage on this summer and don't want to be bothered with future repairs.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your issues, but it sounds like you just got a bad truck.... perhaps it was built late in the day on a Friday approaching a holiday....

I've got a '10 CC and I've had very few issues. I had the HVAC recall, and I recently received the pinon nut recall. I've had to have the PCM flashed twice due to key fob issues (probably my only complaint about the truck) and I replaced the Goodyear tires when I caught a screw in the left front.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill