DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie,
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:35
sailcat is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone know how to remote start with UConnect

I did not get remote start with my truck because I read I could start it with UConnect. I have the truck 3 weeks now and the only thing I can do is to lock and unlock doors and sound the horn. Nothing in the Uconnect store for engine start. Any ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 4x4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
CharlieL will become famous soon enoughCharlieL will become famous soon enough

It would seem to me that if you don't have remote start, you can't remote start through Uconnect either. I have remote start on my truck & do have the option displayed at the Uconnect website.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: Ram1500
Rep:14
moulin6801 is on a distinguished road

Yes, it is official, you can only use the remote start that if come with it, and you have the push start bottom in our remote control. Uconnect can only lock and unlock, or get the alarm to go off on your truck.
I have the same set on my 2013 Laramie.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie,
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:35
sailcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcat View Post
I did not get remote start with my truck because I read I could start it with UConnect. I have the truck 3 weeks now and the only thing I can do is to lock and unlock doors and sound the horn. Nothing in the Uconnect store for engine start. Any ideas?
Say it ain't so
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:10
Drinknbuddy is on a distinguished road

And even if you go get the factory remote start installed now, uconnect still can't give you the option of starting the truck with the app.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcat View Post
Say it ain't so
It is so . Sorry.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a video with a guy using the Uconnect, to me it was pretty pitiful
he had to sign in on his phone, then insert a PIN#, then follow the instructions
then after waiting what to me was 2 minutes, he received a text that read something like remote starting procedure has been initiated
. Do you want to continue ?, he clicked yes, it read initiating, another long period of time passed, he received another text telling him that it had started, he has to go through the sign on each time it sends you a messege
If you don't open the door within a certain amount of time, it shuts itself OFF

so if you were in a building, work or home & there was a blizzard outside, it may be worth going through all that

look at this video, mostly at 1:30 minutes

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

They must have greatly improved the software for Android since then since I don't have to go though any of that to start mine. I press the shortcut on my Home screen for U-connect, I press the button to start my Ram, I type my 4-digit pin, 2 minutes later my Ram starts and I get an optional text message when my Ram starts saying my ram has responded to the command. Once started, it is no different than the remote start option. You have 15 minutes to open the door or it will shut off. Kind of makes sense in case you send a remote start command and then get distracted and something comes up preventing you from leaving for several hours. Would suck to have it running in a parking lot for several hours.

Only thing I wish it would do is provide an option to honk the horn 3-times instead of turning on the alarm. Or at the very least provide an option to turn the alarm off with the app. I was trying it out at home expecting it to just honk the horn a couple of times. When it didn't shut off I had to scramble to find my keys to press the panic button to turn it back off. Usually 3 honks is sufficient for me to locate my Ram in a parking lot. I don't want my alarm going off until I get close enough to turn it off with the remote.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
They must have greatly improved the software for Android since then since I don't have to go though any of that to start mine. I press the shortcut on my Home screen for U-connect, I press the button to start my Ram, I type my 4-digit pin, 2 minutes later my Ram starts and I get an optional text message when my Ram starts saying my ram has responded to the command. Once started, it is no different than the remote start option. You have 15 minutes to open the door or it will shut off. Kind of makes sense in case you send a remote start command and then get distracted and something comes up preventing you from leaving for several hours. Would suck to have it running in a parking lot for several hours.

Only thing I wish it would do is provide an option to honk the horn 3-times instead of turning on the alarm. Or at the very least provide an option to turn the alarm off with the app. I was trying it out at home expecting it to just honk the horn a couple of times. When it didn't shut off I had to scramble to find my keys to press the panic button to turn it back off. Usually 3 honks is sufficient for me to locate my Ram in a parking lot. I don't want my alarm going off until I get close enough to turn it off with the remote.
Your alarm shouldn't be going off unless you have set up your system for it to go off. You can turn off the horn etc. for remote start via the 8.4 radio head unit. I agree it doesn't seem that big of a deal to start it using Uconnect. I like the fact it asks for a PIN so that no one can play around with my phone and start my truck. All the messages are optional. I wouldn't want to use my phone to start my truck unless I was a fair distance away from my truck I would just use the key FOB.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew 4X4
Color: Deep Cherry Pearl
Rep:14
JaxLoki is on a distinguished road

Mine doesn't work that way. I just pull up the app click the "remote start" icon and put in my 4 digit pin. 15 secs tops. Truck starts in about 45 secs from space!

[QUOTE=GTyankee;1083262]I watched a video with a guy using the Uconnect, to me it was pretty pitiful
he had to sign in on his phone, then insert a PIN#, then follow the instructions
then after waiting what to me was 2 minutes, he received a text that read something like remote starting procedure has been initiated
. Do you want to continue ?, he clicked yes, it read initiating, another long period of time passed, he received another text telling him that it had started, he has to go through the sign on each time it sends you a messege
If you don't open the door within a certain amount of time, it shuts itself OFF

so if you were in a building, work or home & there was a blizzard outside, it may be worth going through all that

look at this video, mostly at 1:30 minutes
Mufflex DOD14M, BakFlip Fibermax, K&N Drop-in Filter, Stubby Antenna, In-Cabin Air Filter Mod, Painted Tips, Debadged and B-pillar tape removed, Plastidipped All Chrome, Recon 60" Xtreme Light bar, Linex'd Go Rhino Dominator III Steps, 295/70 18 Trail Grapplers, Fuel Throttle 20x9, ReadyLift SST