Craven Speed "Stubby" review - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
finny872 is on a distinguished road
Default Craven Speed "Stubby" review

I recently bought the Craven Speed "Stubby" antenna for my truck. Now that I have had a few weeks to use it, I have to say it is a pretty decent option for anyone looking to get rid of that gawd awful 9 foot stock antenna.
I live the NW metro of Minneapolis (Maple Grove/Rogers area) and get pretty decent reception, only noticing static next to buildings or in my garage (not bad). I commute to Minnetonka for work and the reception has been good. For those of you not from the Minneapolis area Maple Grove/Rogers is a 5/6 ring suburb of Minneapolis about 20 miles from most radio stations.
For New Years I was out in the Buffalo/Monticello area about 45 Miles from Minneapolis and notices there was an increase in static on some stations and some were crystal clear.
I love the way it looks on my black sport and recommend it to anyone looking to get rid of the stock antenna. I know there are a ton of mixed reviews on the "stubby" so I figured I would add mine to the mix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram quad
Color: gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:323
bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

do you have a link to buy this ? or part number ?

I plasti-diped mine and it looks good . but lol ....
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2017 RAM 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Laramie
Color: PXR Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:2477
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by finny872 View Post
I recently bought the Craven Speed "Stubby" antenna for my truck. Now that I have had a few weeks to use it, I have to say it is a pretty decent option for anyone looking to get rid of that gawd awful 9 foot stock antenna.
I live the NW metro of Minneapolis (Maple Grove/Rogers area) and get pretty decent reception, only noticing static next to buildings or in my garage (not bad). I commute to Minnetonka for work and the reception has been good. For those of you not from the Minneapolis area Maple Grove/Rogers is a 5/6 ring suburb of Minneapolis about 20 miles from most radio stations.
For New Years I was out in the Buffalo/Monticello area about 45 Miles from Minneapolis and notices there was an increase in static on some stations and some were crystal clear.
I love the way it looks on my black sport and recommend it to anyone looking to get rid of the stock antenna. I know there are a ton of mixed reviews on the "stubby" so I figured I would add mine to the mix.
Post up some pics and I'll throw you back some reps A great review right up to the lack of proof. Besides, I put an 8" stubby I got from Ebay and I'd like to see how it compares with yours.

Contact us via email at
sales@revelperformance.com
Old 01-03-2014, 11:22 AM
BOOM! Collector

Vehicle: 2017 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Delmonico Red Pearl and Black Two Tone
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:1573
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Hero you go:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Stubby-Ant...stubby+antenna
Old 01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: none
Rep:49
thomasgf is on a distinguished road

I like the .50 caliber bullet style Stubby antenna. That's the one I think I am going to get. More money but looks to be worth it. Craven Speed website.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:163
Firemedic10584 has a spectacular aura aboutFiremedic10584 has a spectacular aura about

I also have the cravenspeed 3" stubby on my '13. Have had it on for probably a month or so. Definitely have reception loss but I mainly use USB or Pandora to listen to music anyways. Definitely a great option to get rid of the long stock antenna!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport QC
Rep:88
rkuhl84 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Post up some pics and I'll throw you back some reps A great review right up to the lack of proof. Besides, I put an 8" stubby I got from Ebay and I'd like to see how it compares with yours.

I'm not sure that this is the right place for you guys to be comparing your "stubbies."
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: cherry crystal
Rep:14
ramryck is on a distinguished road

I have it also. Lost am/fm reception. I don't listen to it anyway. I like the way it looks and don't have to take it off going through a car wash. Camera broke no photo's sorry.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 CC LB 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white
Rep:73
Trackstand will become famous soon enough

I just ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I will post results in a week or so after I get it.

FTW My ram 2500 has been thro over 20 car washes with 0 problems with the stock 31" antenna. I just dont like how tall it is. I rarely listen to am/fm anyway.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2017 RAM 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Laramie
Color: PXR Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:2477
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuhl84 View Post
I'm not sure that this is the right place for you guys to be comparing your "stubbies."
LMAO, that was funny right there.

Here's mine,

Contact us via email at
sales@revelperformance.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement