DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road
Default Terrified!

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a loaded Longhorn(order of course), like tonight, in order to maintain some of the current incentives that the dealer is telling me will be protected. I've been researching this thing, drooling over it, and just waiting for the right time. Now that I actually can do it, I'm terrified spending almost $50k on a truck that seems to have problem after problem. Now I know this is a forum and all, and the bulk of the people on here are here because they have problems, but I'm also aware that many here are enthusiasts. I do not want to order this thing, then have to wait 3 yrs for it just to arrive damaged from the factory, potentially with the wrong options!! Am I missing something here or what? I want this truck in the worst way, but scared I'm going to be let down in the end. IDK, sorry for the rant, just extremely anxious I guess. Are there many out there that don't have problems.....thing is that there doesn't seem to be many out there period, as Ram can't seem to get them on the street. Does anyone even own a new V6?

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
DemolitionMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemarshallvin View Post
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a loaded Longhorn(order of course), like tonight, in order to maintain some of the current incentives that the dealer is telling me will be protected. I've been researching this thing, drooling over it, and just waiting for the right time. Now that I actually can do it, I'm terrified spending almost $50k on a truck that seems to have problem after problem. Now I know this is a forum and all, and the bulk of the people on here are here because they have problems, but I'm also aware that many here are enthusiasts. I do not want to order this thing, then have to wait 3 yrs for it just to arrive damaged from the factory, potentially with the wrong options!! Am I missing something here or what? I want this truck in the worst way, but scared I'm going to be let down in the end. IDK, sorry for the rant, just extremely anxious I guess. Are there many out there that don't have problems.....thing is that there doesn't seem to be many out there period, as Ram can't seem to get them on the street. Does anyone even own a new V6?
I think you have to realize that forums like this often attract people who are having a problem, so you're not getting an accurate sample. I waited about 10 weeks and have a truck that has been just perfect so far (3 weeks, over 1500 miles including about 100 miles towing and offroad).

My only complaint is that I'm not getting the kind of gas mileage I had hoped for....overall averaging about 15.4. But then I probably have a bit of a lead foot.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:38
ILuvaMyTrucka is on a distinguished road

Pull the trigger, thousands of trucks are produced each day. If you take the number of trucks that are having a problem this ratio is very low.

Your frustration will probably come when it takes awhile for your truck to be built. I say after you order don't constantly check it's status, just wait patiently for this beauty to come in and you will be happy.

Mine took 11 weeks to be built and I have had it 3 weeks and it is absolutely perfect.

When you order check what gear ratio you are getting, I think some people on here have been saying there truck came with 3.21 instead of the 3.55 they thought they were getting.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, I think this is what I needed to hear, a few positives. I'm already expecting the long wait, so no issues there. I've got a lease I'm gonna be skirting out of anyway, so the longer it takes the RAM the less I'll owe in the end on the lease turn in. I figure the longer it takes hopefully the more issues get caught.

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Rep:100
ALLPAR will become famous soon enoughALLPAR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You are absoulutely right, most people are posting on here with issues they are having and looking to find a fix or see how many others are having the same issue. You normally won't see the ones that aren't having any issues at all. Like anything mechanical that you buy, there is the probability of some sort of malfunction or defect...especially when you throw as much electronics in it as these things have nowadays. I have owned 8 Rams now and have never had any "major" issues with any of them. I now own a 2013 Ram sport and have not had any issues on it as well "knock on wood" and know many people that have not had any issues with thiers either. ford, chevy & toyota all have thier problems and you don't have to go into a purchase like this scared. I know it's a lot of $$$$ for a vehicle and you expect it to work 100% of the time with no problems, but the reality is it's still a machine and can still break. It is under warranty and as long as you don't do anything to violate that warranty, you have the peace of mind that if anything does go wrong, it will get fixed. I know some guys has voiced thier nightmare dealing with some dealerships with trying to fix thier vehicles and/or keeping their vehicles for weeks. Again, you don't usually here about the "happy" experiences on a forum. I like to get to know the guys at my local dealership and hope to have as much of a pleasent experience if my truck would ever have to go in for some service. There are plenty of trucks on the lots and haven't heard of anyone waiting for an order too long past the average wait time of special ordering your truck. Except for those that were awaiting the release of the Hemi 8-speed. This is a major purchase and it sounds like you have done your homework. Ram is a great truck and have made major improvements since my first Ram that was a '96. I love my 2013 Ram and have not regretted buying it one bit. It has been by far the best Ram I've owned to date. Bottom line, you need to do what makes you happy.

I have not had much experience with the V6, but know a couple with them and are perfectly happy with them. Especially if you're really worried about gas mileage and if you you're not trying to tow heavy loads.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I ordered a Laramie 8speed/Hemi with air suspension/RamBoxes/3.92 rear differential plus other options 2/19/13 and received it 9 weeks later on 4/20/13. When I ordered my truck I made sure I set my expectations for a popular new model being produced. Some people truly have had some unexplainable hold ups in their order but most people seem to be getting their trucks in a timely fashion as long as their expections are realistic. To me 12 weeks is realistic. With this mind set mine came earlier. I didn't need my truck yesterday so I was happy to wait as long as it took. Having said all of this I have 1,000 miles on my truck in its first week and half and NO problems so far. Good luck and make sure you take advantage of ALL the rebates/incentives. Ex USAA membership $1,500 off negotiated price, FFA $500 off, etc. They can help take the sting off of a $50,000 truck.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I just ordered a Longhorn on 4/22 and went thru the anxiety you are experiencing. What helped me was considering the fact that an average of 1000 trucks are built per day and those with problems are certainly in the minority. My advice is "feel the fear and do it anyway". I did and am content and patiently (sort of) waiting for my truck to arrive!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:10
candrew is on a distinguished road

Same for me, I was extremely nervous spending that kind of $$$ on a vehicle. I ordered December 27 & received my 2013 Laramie CC 8 speed Hemi on March 21st. I have had no problems at all & is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. No regrets at all. Good luck dude!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

if i were dropping that much coin on a truck, i would wait for the diesel.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
if i were dropping that much coin on a truck, i would wait for the diesel.
Yes I considered waiting for the diesel as well. I'd really like to have one. But with all the problems building the hemi and V6 fast enough I thought the delivery problems would be even worse for a diesel. I'm willing to wait 12 weeks for my Longhorn but I don't want to wait longer (maybe another six months) just to get the diesel, if any of that makes sense!